inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thoughts on 2004 borns heading to high school?

Written By: Wobo on 06/08/18 at 2:18 pm

On Friday, June 15th i will be graduating from middle school and will be heading to high school in three months and i'm honestly glad i'm leaving the hell hole but what do you guys especially 90s borns think about us already heading to highschool? As a 2004 born my self i'm suprised that i'm going to highschool since i was normally use to being in elementary and middle.

Subject: Re: Thoughts on 2004 borns heading to high school?

Written By: 2001 on 06/08/18 at 2:37 pm

I remember when my friends little sister was born. I rocked her to sleep in her crib haha. Can't believe she's going to high school now.

Written By: Wobo on 06/08/18 at 2:39 pm

Can't wait to have them with us. I'm entering my junior year (11th grade.)

Hopefully i become friends with a 2002 born lol. I'm gonna be a freshman (9th grade.)

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/08/18 at 7:58 pm

That is weird af tbh.

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/09/18 at 3:51 am

I remember when my friends little sister was born. I rocked her to sleep in her crib haha. Can't believe she's going to high school now.

We started HS 11 freakin years ago 0______0

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/09/18 at 8:43 am

Its a little creepy actually. 2004 was my favorite year of my childhood, hands down!

TobExyaPwQgoKTJCzmFQIU
91uWeqArrokQfWDwegl9Cc
nmDemt1LqcIrA4Rv-h6B74
V3YWpi8kZI0XTA7pJX9Dxg

Between the perfect balance of great cartoons (the end of the Powerhouse era on CN and Klasky Csupo on Nick), great television, awesome music (equilibrium between the early 2000s & mid 2000s in music), great games (arguably one of the best years in gaming history, between Half Life 2, GTA San Andreas, The Sims 2, Tony Hawk's Underground 2, etc.) and my awesome personal life (between riding my bike with my friends around the neighborhood, eating gushers, going to the ice cream truck, seeing Shrek 2 & Spiderman 2 in theaters, I could go on and on...), among other things.

So the fact that theres kids born in 2004, talking and breathing on its own is weird as it is. However, the fact that 2004 babies are starting HIGH SCHOOL!?!?!?!?, thats a bit hard to swallow.

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/09/18 at 10:24 am

Its a little creepy actually. 2004 was my favorite year of my childhood, hands down!

great television, awesome music (equilibrium between the early 2000s & mid 2000s in music), great games (arguably one of the best years in gaming history, between Half Life 2, GTA San Andreas, The Sims 2, Tony Hawk's Underground 2, etc.) and my awesome personal life (between riding my bike with my friends around the neighborhood, eating gushers, going to the ice cream truck, seeing Shrek 2 & Spiderman 2 in theaters, I could go on and on...), among other things.

This post is perfect! 2004 is my favorite year of the 2000s too and you described it really well!! I had all those games you listed  :D

Written By: Wobo on 06/09/18 at 10:31 am

So the fact that theres kids born in 2004, talking and breathing on its own is weird as it is. However, the fact that 2004 babies are starting HIGH SCHOOL!?!?!?!?, thats a bit hard to swallow.

So we can't breath?  ;D

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/09/18 at 11:59 am

This post is perfect! 2004 is my favorite year of the 2000s too and you described it really well!! I had all those games you listed  :D

Lol thanks. Yeah 2004 was one of my favorite years of gaming. Not only those games I mentioned, but I had just gotten my PS2 for Christmas in 2003 and was heavily into Jak 1/2, Ratchet & Clank, FFX, Kingdom Hearts, and Spongebob Sqaurepants: Battle For the Bikini Bottom. This commercial is so nostalgic looking back:

kdJuAPavN58

So we can't breath?  ;D

Its just hard for me to reckon since I attribute 2004 with my peak childhood. I remember that year like it was yesterday, so its weird to know that theres kids in high school who don't even remember how bad ass of a year 2004 was. Let alone kids starting high school that were born in 2004.

Written By: Lyndialy on 06/09/18 at 12:28 pm

I was not alive in 2004. I was born in 2005 and I start eighth grade this year. My birthday is coming up.

Written By: Wobo on 06/09/18 at 12:38 pm

I was not alive in 2004. I was born in 2005 and I start eighth grade this year. My birthday is coming up.

Hopefully your eighth grade year is better than mine.

2004 with my peak childhood. I remember that year like it was yesterday, so its weird to know that theres kids in high school who don't even remember how bad ass of a year 2004 was. Let alone kids starting high school that were born in 2004.

Lol yeah but as a 2004 born myself i'm suprised that i'm heading to high school as a freshman this year.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/09/18 at 12:58 pm

Hopefully your eighth grade year is better than mine.

Lol yeah but as a 2004 born myself i'm suprised that i'm heading to high school as a freshman this year.

Trust me, you will have a much better time in high school than middle school! You will make good friends over there and have a bunch of entertaining moments! The best part about high school is that each year has its own different feel with the vibe of the school, the senior class, the rules, and the extracurricular activities going on!

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/09/18 at 2:05 pm

Lol thanks. Yeah 2004 was one of my favorite years of gaming. Not only those games I mentioned, but I had just gotten my PS2 for Christmas in 2003 and was heavily into Jak 1/2, Ratchet & Clank, FFX, Kingdom Hearts, and Spongebob Sqaurepants: Battle For the Bikini Bottom. This commercial is so nostalgic looking back

What about the Sims Urbz featuring The Black Eyed Peas?

Written By: Wobo on 06/09/18 at 2:11 pm

Trust me, you will have a much better time in high school than middle school! You will make good friends over there and have a bunch of entertaining moments! The best part about high school is that each year has its own different feel with the vibe of the school, the senior class, the rules, and the extracurricular activities going on!

Yeah i can't wait! Also is there a such thing as a freshman hunt?

Written By: SmartBo1 on 06/09/18 at 2:26 pm

Yeah i can't wait! Also is there a such thing as a freshman hunt?

No(I also wondered about that during my freshman year), but people will give you A LOT of sh!t for being a freshman. 

Written By: Wobo on 06/09/18 at 3:28 pm

No(I also wondered about that during my freshman year), but people will give you A LOT of sh!t for being a freshman.

That suck's.

Written By: Wobo on 06/09/18 at 3:29 pm

You'll probably have some Class of 2020 friends (b. 2001-2002) since we'll be attending high school together for two years.

True.

Written By: pink.panda_v3 on 06/09/18 at 3:40 pm

Yay!

Written By: Wobo on 06/09/18 at 3:44 pm

Yay!

Yep, we 2004 borns are becoming high schooler's 8).

Written By: pink.panda_v3 on 06/09/18 at 3:48 pm

Yep, we 2004 borns are becoming high schooler's 8).

Congratz! :D

Written By: Wobo on 06/09/18 at 3:54 pm

Though, it's really not that serious.

My high school, however, has uniforms, and is a career tech school. There's a different uniform for every pathway. However, the freshman don't have pathways because it's their first year and that's when they choose their pathways. So all freshman and only freshman wear burgundy polos. So even if you look old enough to pass as an upperclassman, everyone will still know your a freshman. I hated it so much when I was a freshman.

Oh i see.

Written By: Wobo on 06/09/18 at 3:57 pm

Overall i'm glad that i am finally leaving middle school though, middle school sucked so hard, i never wanna think about mention about middle school.

Written By: 2001 on 06/09/18 at 4:04 pm

I played that on the GBA, it was really addictive.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/09/18 at 4:48 pm

I never heard of that version. The only Sims games I played were 1 & 2 on the PC respectively.

I played that on the GBA, it was really addictive.

Speaking about the GBA, that was another system I was obsessed with in 2004! Some of my favorite games from my GBA from back in the day:

yjtgqz8EO0UDAaH1WNdTEM
Et8ld2K0ETQTNIY2Z5T8Jc

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/09/18 at 5:40 pm

I didn't even have a GBA lol

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/09/18 at 10:10 pm

I didn't get my GBA SP until my birthday in January 2008, but here are some of my favorites.
6Z4lqr6pRpovBUv85g3o84
YuH9u6BO81g7SauuuDgH8Y

Good Choices ;). Yeah I remember playing Super Circuit and TLOZ A Link to the Past as well growing up. However, I never played the GBA version of Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (I do vividly remember the commercials for it and being confused on why Kingdom Hearts 2 didn't come out yet, much simpler times), but I did play the PS2 remaster. I also never played that particular Spongebob game. The few Spongebob games I played were more from like the early-mid 2000s like SuperSponge on PS1, and Battle for the Bikini Bottom & the Movie Based game on PS2.

When did you get a D.S?

I didn't even have a GBA lol

Seriously? Did you have a Color back in the day?

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/09/18 at 10:33 pm

Seriously? Did you have a Color back in the day?

Yes, that's the only GB I've ever owned. This is one I had:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/76/Nintendo-Game-Boy-Color-FL.jpg/1200px-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Color-FL.jpg

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/09/18 at 10:43 pm

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/76/Nintendo-Game-Boy-Color-FL.jpg/1200px-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Color-FL.jpg
Oh nice, people forget how big the gameboy color was in the late 90s. The fact that it was the only one you owned is pretty intresting since it was only on the market for a few years before being discontunied.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/09/18 at 10:56 pm

2004 borns in high school?

I don't even think about it TBH.

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/09/18 at 10:58 pm

Oh nice, people forget how big the gameboy color was in the late 90s. The fact that it was the only one you owned is pretty intresting since it was only on the market for a few years before being discontunied.

I was never big on handheld games. The one I posted was literally the only one I owned while other people I knew were getting PSPs or whatever later in life. I was more of home PlayStation type person. I did actually want a psp when it first came out but too expensive but I never wanted a DS or whatever else was out there.

Written By: xenzue on 06/10/18 at 12:53 am

It's not big deal to me. Most of ppl moving pop culture forward right now are born in the mid 90s to the late 00s, ppl should get used to the new generation coming up by now.

Written By: Rainbowz on 06/10/18 at 9:40 am

2004 borns attending high school doesn't make me feel old at all because I don't remember 2004, but it's kind of exciting because I have friends who are in the HS C/O 2022.

What really makes me feel old is kids born in 2013 starting Kindergarten this year. I've been on ROBLOX their entire lives.  ;D

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/10/18 at 9:45 am

I got a DSi for Christmas 2009. They were still making GBA SPs in 2008, but they were discontinued later that year in North America.

I see, yeah I got a DS Lite in the Summer of 2006. Oh and yeah I know, ironically I stopped playing the GBA as consistently as I did around Late 2007/Early 2008. By that point I was fully a DS kid.

Yeah the Color was dope! I had one when I was really little. Pokemon Crystal anybody!?

I was never big on handheld games. The one I posted was literally the only one I owned while other people I knew were getting PSPs or whatever later in life. I was more of home PlayStation type person. I did actually want a psp when it first came out but too expensive but I never wanted a DS or whatever else was out there.

I honestly only knew a few people who owned a PSP growing up. Surprisingly it sold pretty well though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable

Oh and I was particularly similar. When it came to portable consoles, I was mainly a Nintendo kid (Color, GBA, DS), but for home consoles I was mostly a Playstation kid (PS1, PS2). I did own the Gamecube when I was like 9/10 years old, but that was at the tail end of its lifecycle. The Wii was also pretty cool (the last console I associate with my childhood), but I stopped playing it sharply around in 2009.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/10/18 at 12:24 pm

Another nostalgic commercial break from 2004:

LJGzJjpSn68

This actually aired around my birthday 8).

Do any of you guys remember U-Pick Live? It was a popular live action block on the channel back in the day that had various shows, skits, and other goofy things in between airings of popular Nicktoons. Kids got to vote on which toons they wanted to see. Me and a few buddies on the forums had a forum dedicated to this awesome block a couple of years back:

http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe00s/smf/1451868710.shtml

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/10/18 at 1:26 pm

I see, yeah I got a DS Lite in the Summer of 2006. Oh and yeah I know, ironically I stopped playing the GBA as consistently as I did around Late 2007/Early 2008. By that point I was fully a DS kid.

Yeah the Color was dope! I had one when I was really little. Pokemon Crystal anybody!?

I honestly only knew a few people who owned a PSP growing up. Surprisingly it sold pretty well though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable

Oh and I was particularly similar. When it came to portable consoles, I was mainly a Nintendo kid (Color, GBA, DS), but for home consoles I was mostly a Playstation kid (PS1, PS2). I did own the Gamecube when I was like 9/10 years old, but that was at the tail end of its lifecycle. The Wii was also pretty cool (the last console I associate with my childhood), but I stopped playing it sharply around in 2009.
Oh really, I knew tons of people with the psp since it was the more mature handheld vs the DS.

Written By: Wobo on 06/10/18 at 2:28 pm

2004 borns attending high school doesn't make me feel old at all because I don't remember 2004, but it's kind of exciting because I have friends who are in the HS C/O 2022.

What really makes me feel old is kids born in 2013 starting Kindergarten this year. I've been on ROBLOX their entire lives.  ;D

Lol yeah it's pretty weird.

Written By: Wobo on 06/15/18 at 3:07 pm

I just graduated from middle school today i'm officially a highschooler.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/15/18 at 4:33 pm

My nephew Javier. He was born on December 10th 2004. And, I have not asked him if he is excited about going to High School soon. Will do that for sure. I remember when he was a newborn so beautiful! Grew up TOO FAST!

Written By: Catherine91UK on 06/16/18 at 1:50 pm

In England most students start secondary school (which are often called high schools, like mine was) at age 11. This means the current first-years were born in 2005 and 2006!

2004 was the year I started high school! In my part of the country, we used to start high school at 12.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 06/16/18 at 5:05 pm

In England most students start secondary school (which are often called high schools, like mine was) at age 11. This means the current first-years were born in 2005 and 2006!

2004 was the year I started high school! In my part of the country, we used to start high school at 12.

In New Zealand, there are first years born in 2007 :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...