inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who are your heroes?

Written By: 90s Guy on 06/13/18 at 9:16 pm

Both celebrity and not, who are your heroes and why?

1) My grandfather. He died in 1975 so I never met him. While he was a poor husband, he was a great father and a brave man who served in WWII, fighting the Nazis and almost losing his leg in the process. He was a proud man with enlightened views for his time. He was also dignified and well liked. He's a legend to me.

2) Walt Disney. A pioneer of imagination, a genius in some ways, a generally good man. A guy who honestly seemed to want to make children happy. I would've liked a President Walt Disney.

3) My godfather. The biggest family man I ever met. No nonsense, funny, old school, and at the same time, chill. He died last year of cancer sadly. He was a soft spoken, loyal guy, tbe kind of guy you could depend on at any time. He was also tough and if someone needed a beating he was there. A good balance of wisdom and strength.

4) My great grandfather. Came to this country not speaking a lick of English and owned three houses and two other properties within 30 years. He did it legally, in a time when Italians are disliked and it would've been easier for him to have joined the Mafia and gotten so much more. He loved his grandchildren above all things. He was Vito Corleone without the criminality. He had an empire in the making.

Subject: Re: Who are your heroes?

Written By: violet_shy on 06/14/18 at 1:59 pm

- God. Because he created the universe and the earth.

- Myself. Because I have been through A LOT, and I am still standing!

Written By: Wobo on 06/14/18 at 2:02 pm

My mother who helped become who i am and got the things i wanted that she didn't have to buy for me and kept me fed and clothed.

My brother who was sometimes annoying and pushy but was nice to me and also got me things that he didn't even have to get me and was the only sibling in the house who i could play with or joke around.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/18 at 8:18 am

My mother who helped become who i am and got the things i wanted that she didn't have to buy for me and kept me fed and clothed.

My brother who was sometimes annoying and pushy but was nice to me and also got me things that he didn't even have to get me and was the only sibling in the house who i could play with or joke around.

I agree with this one cause My Mother who always taught me right from wrong, showed me how to treat others and always try to be kind. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...