inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Will pop culture stop revolving around young people in the future?

Written By: xenzue on 06/15/18 at 2:47 am

Youth culture is relatively new. Since the early 20th century, pop culture has been largely shaped by young people between the ages of about 14-25. People outside that age bracket would stick with their tastes, and some could still influence pop culture, but at a smaller scale. Fast forward to the early 21st century, and we're starting to see innovative artists over the age of 35 with massive fanbases spanning all ages: Beyoncé, Kanye West, Nicki Minaj, etc. For the past 30 years it almost feels like the threshold of what is considered middle-aged is slowly creeping up. The world as a whole is getting older, with each new generation having fewer babies. In some countries, the elderly already heavily outweigh children. My question is; as the world ages, will pop culture be more inclusive allowing older audiences to influence/participate, or will it still revolve around youth culture?

Subject: Re: Will pop culture stop revolving around young people in the future?

Written By: deloresthegreat on 06/18/18 at 9:52 pm

I feel like pop culture will always revolve around young people in one way or another, but this is actually a very interesting topic to be brought up!  Do you feel that there will be a larger amount of nostalgia for former decades in the near future?

Written By: Rainbowz on 06/19/18 at 4:24 pm

I still think it's always going to target young people or at least for a really, really long time IMO. If it does aim at older people for some reason, I probably won't even be alive then.  ;D ;D

Written By: wixness on 06/21/18 at 2:19 pm

If the far right takes over then maybe. Then again they also hate old people, so sometime after they lose influence.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 06/21/18 at 9:03 pm

If the far right takes over then maybe. Then again they also hate old people, so sometime after they lose influence.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/595/271/569.jpg

Written By: wixness on 06/22/18 at 5:44 am

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/595/271/569.jpg
The far right always loves what the past brought out, thinking it was more moral. I believe that they will like the culture that old people prefer more because the culture that young people like is too progressive for their tastes.

Written By: 2001 on 06/22/18 at 12:18 pm

The far right always loves what the past brought out, thinking it was more moral. I believe that they will like the culture that old people prefer more because the culture that young people like is too progressive for their tastes.

They listen to country or Kid Rock and crap like that.

Check for new replies or respond here...