inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: XXXTentacion: Respect, but don't Glorify, the Dead.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 06/19/18 at 4:01 pm

Okay, we've all heard the news, already there's been two threads about it on here, rapper XXXTentacion is dead after being fatally shot in Florida.
Why am I making a third thread about it? Simple, because I want to share this very article with you all, as well as state a piece of my own related to the article and the news.
This article pertains not only to XXXTentacion but also other music artists and celebrities like him, whom's death should be mourned, but their memory should not be glorified.
XXXTentacion was a terrible role model, his death is not going to change that fact, no matter how respectful any of us try to be just because he died. This is a young man who has taken part in armed burglary, has battered his pregnant wife, has assaulted his fans, and boasted that he beat up a gay inmate while incarcerated as a juvenile. Now, am I saying that his death is justice served? No, but I am saying that he shouldn't be glorified just because he died. There's a huge difference between being respectful of the dead, and glorifying the dead.

Here's the article I want y'all to read. Let me know your thoughts, comments, and concerns relating to it in the comment section.

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/xxxtentacion/

Subject: Re: XXXTentacion: Respect, but don't Glorify, the Dead.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 06/19/18 at 7:58 pm

This is exactly why I didn't care that much about his death. I mean I don't think he deserved to die, but I don't really feel all that bad for him.

Written By: 2001 on 06/19/18 at 9:24 pm

D I S R E S P E C T
I
S
R
E
S
P
E
C
T

Written By: Dapper99 on 06/19/18 at 9:45 pm

Still, the loss of a young life that had so much potential ahead of him. Despite his past, he was on the road to better himself and was trying to spread positivity and love to all of his fans.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 06/19/18 at 9:48 pm

D I S R E S P E C T
I
S
R
E
S
P
E
C
T

DISRESPECT
ISRESPECT
SRESPECT
RESPECT
ESPECT
SPECT
PECT
ECT
CT
T

Written By: Wobo on 06/19/18 at 11:59 pm

This is exactly why I didn't care that much about his death. I mean I don't think he deserved to die, but I don't really feel all that bad for him.

You Are A Monster.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 06/20/18 at 12:55 am

You Are A Monster.

rawr

Written By: Wobo on 06/20/18 at 1:30 am

rawr

>:(((

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/20/18 at 11:11 pm

I'm not crying over his death like most people, but at the same time, I'm not going to look at his faults as a person because we do enough of that while a person is living.

Check for new replies or respond here...