inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is it with all of the fudging recently?

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 07/11/18 at 9:26 am

In the past week or two, I've realized that everyone is getting fudged.

Not trying to blame anyone, but first it was prodanny, and then it was Jessica.

Subject: Re: What is it with all of the fudging recently?

Written By: mqg96 on 07/11/18 at 10:05 am

Prodanny288 was fudging everybody just to get attention, and we discussed it on mwalker's last hangout stream. Apparently he's been having depression issues or something like that but that's not on any of us. I'll leave his issues to the rest of the users who know more about him because I've hardly chatted with him that much.

Jessica is the smite fairy of this site "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!" she could be on any forum at any time hunting YOU down! I would have proudly added her to my collage had I known about the system before. I didn't even know about the whole karma/fudge system until a week ago and I've been on this site for THREE years without noticing it. So I was archiving through all the karmas and fudges I got throughout my 3 years on this site and I regret I didn't + anybody back all this time.

Written By: Rainbowz on 07/11/18 at 12:07 pm

Y’all need to stop getting worked up over this. It’s a damn minus sign for crying out loud. Y’all really be this sensitive that one minus sign is enough to get y’all butthurt and crying and whining for days. Get over it, and fudging back only makes things worse.

Written By: Wobo on 07/11/18 at 12:09 pm

Y’all need to stop getting worked up over this. It’s a damn minus sign for crying out loud. Y’all really be this sensitive that one minus sign is enough to get y’all butthurt and crying and whining for days. Get over it, and fudging back only makes things worse.

What if a shootout happened over a fudge?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 07/11/18 at 12:22 pm

It's not the negative karmas themselves that concern me; it's the incidents where members unnecessarily smite other members for no apparent reason. To me, it comes across as really childish.

Written By: Rainbowz on 07/11/18 at 12:27 pm

It's not the negative karmas themselves that concern me; it's the incidents where members unnecessarily smite other members for no apparent reason. To me, it comes across as really childish.

At the end of the day, it’s still just a minus sign and all this getting mad over a minus sign is what’s really childish.

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/11/18 at 12:44 pm

Whoa calm down there now

Written By: mqg96 on 07/11/18 at 12:51 pm

At the end of the day, it’s still just a minus sign and all this getting mad over a minus sign is what’s really childish.

Agreed. That's why the whole karma/fudge +/- system whatever you call it has always been the least noticeable thing to me on this site for 3 years. I'm going to keep saying it. 3 years and a couple months until I finally discovered this because of this guy bringing everyone's attention.

Written By: Rainbowz on 07/11/18 at 1:02 pm

Whoa calm down there now

Tell that to the people getting mad over one minus sign, not me.  ;D

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/11/18 at 1:09 pm

Tell that to the people getting mad over one minus sign, not me.  ;D

You were just as overrating tho. Hahahahaha

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/11/18 at 1:15 pm

I don't know why prodanny fudged everyone a few days back and I really don't care. The thing is, he fudged everybody and it wasn't directed at any one person in particular so I see no reason why anyone should take it personally.

As far as Jessica goes, she's been doing this for years, and those of us who have been around a while know that she does it all in good fun. I can't, for the life of me, understand why that's so hard to figure out.

A while back, someone likened smiting to giving a middle finger, and I don't think that's an unfair analogy. To put that into context, I can count on one hand the times I've flipped people off in anger, and most of those incidents were due to other drivers doing stupid things that could have killed me. I've almost never smited anyone in anger here.

On the other hand, I work in a blue-collar environment where we're always joking around and taking the piss out of each other. I work at a trucking company and when we see each other driving past most of us wave at each other, but there are two or three guys who I smile and flip off when I see them and they respond in kind. Perhaps it may sound weird to some of you, but it's our way of showing that we like each other. As a matter of fact, if these guys don't flip me off then I know there must be something wrong.

When I started working there I flipped a other few people off in a joking manner and they didn't like it, so I stopped doing it. The same thing applies here when I smited some people in jest. There are some people you can flip off and some that you can't, and I've learned to differentiate between the two.

In that context, smiting to me and Jessica and a few others is just our way of playfully teasing each other. 99% of the time, when I smite people, I'm only doing it because it's my weird way of showing them that I like them.

Also, I can't speak for Jessica (although I think she would agree with me) but part of the reason I smite some people in a joking manner is just to goof on the whole system and to illustrate just how ridiculous the whole thing is and that maybe we shouldn't take it so seriously.

Written By: Howard on 07/11/18 at 2:11 pm

What if a shootout happened over a fudge?

That would be too extreme.

Written By: 2001 on 07/11/18 at 4:30 pm

It's a sign of the late 2018 shift. As our karma scores drop, we're going to experience more bad luck events IRL.

Written By: Jessica on 07/11/18 at 4:38 pm

I don't know why prodanny fudged everyone a few days back and I really don't care. The thing is, he fudged everybody and it wasn't directed at any one person in particular so I see no reason why anyone should take it personally.

As far as Jessica goes, she's been doing this for years, and those of us who have been around a while know that she does it all in good fun. I can't, for the life of me, understand why that's so hard to figure out.

A while back, someone likened smiting to giving a middle finger, and I don't think that's an unfair analogy. To put that into context, I can count on one hand the times I've flipped people off in anger, and most of those incidents were due to other drivers doing stupid things that could have killed me. I've almost never smited anyone in anger here.

On the other hand, I work in a blue-collar environment where we're always joking around and taking the piss out of each other. I work at a trucking company and when we see each other driving past most of us wave at each other, but there are two or three guys who I smile and flip off when I see them and they respond in kind. Perhaps it may sound weird to some of you, but it's our way of showing that we like each other. As a matter of fact, if these guys don't flip me off then I know there must be something wrong.

When I started working there I flipped a other few people off in a joking manner and they didn't like it, so I stopped doing it. The same thing applies here when I smited some people in jest. There are some people you can flip off and some that you can't, and I've learned to differentiate between the two.

In that context, smiting to me and Jessica and a few others is just our way of playfully teasing each other. 99% of the time, when I smite people, I'm only doing it because it's my weird way of showing them that I like them.

Also, I can't speak for Jessica (although I think she would agree with me) but part of the reason I smite some people in a joking manner is just to goof on the whole system and to illustrate just how ridiculous the whole thing is and that maybe we shouldn't take it so seriously.

This excellent post means I can't smite you today. Ass. ;D

Initially (and I feel I'm repeating myself for the millionth time here), I did the smites because people were losing their minds over the system. Be it post count, number of karmas, number of smites...it was ridiculous over how people reacted to a number. They finally calmed their tits over it, but I kept up the grand tradition of smiting people when I make an appearance on the board (I have a love/hate relationship with this place) to let people know I'm back or to make some of the longtimers laugh.

To sum up, I'm not going to stop my once in a while smite bombings, and if you can't handle me being a dumbass, well...*Kanye shrug*

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/11/18 at 5:00 pm

It's a sign of the late 2018 shift. As our karma scores drop, we're going to experience more bad luck events IRL.

Or, it could lead to the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.  :D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/11/18 at 5:03 pm

This excellent post means I can't smite you today. Ass. ;D

Initially (and I feel I'm repeating myself for the millionth time here), I did the smites because people were losing their minds over the system. Be it post count, number of karmas, number of smites...it was ridiculous over how people reacted to a number. They finally calmed their tits over it, but I kept up the grand tradition of smiting people when I make an appearance on the board (I have a love/hate relationship with this place) to let people know I'm back or to make some of the longtimers laugh.

To sum up, I'm not going to stop my once in a while smite bombings, and if you can't handle me being a dumbass, well...*Kanye shrug*

I know right?  I can't smite you either.  :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/11/18 at 5:32 pm

Nice weather we are having, huh?

Cat

Written By: annimal on 07/11/18 at 5:34 pm

yes, and beautiful humming birds

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/11/18 at 5:45 pm

Nice weather we are having, huh?

Cat

Actually, no. It's 94 degrees and humid here and I have the incredible good fortune of having to work outside until midnight.  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/11/18 at 6:49 pm

Actually, no. It's 94 degrees and humid here and I have the incredible good fortune of having to work outside until midnight.  :P

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that.

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/11/18 at 7:01 pm

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that.

Cat

It's all good. I'm not made of sugar. ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/12/18 at 5:33 am

low 80's today with sunshine.

Check for new replies or respond here...