inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thoughts on Remembering the Past

Written By: snps94 on 07/15/18 at 1:26 pm

Hey all, long time lurker here (about 10 years now actually). I made an account about 7 years ago, but kind of forgot this site for a while.

A consistent theme I’ve noticed here, then and now, is when members are providing their thoughts on whether a specific year was good or bad. For example, a member will question why so many others like (or hate) a given year, on the basis that their own personal life was so terrible (or amazing) during that time.

While of course the heart of this forum is our opinions and reflections, I think it’s important to remember the core focus here is popular culture. While it’s completely appropriate to discuss our personal lives too, if you are questioning another member’s opinions, it’s good to remember that our personal lives are not going to impact why others feel a certain way about a given year.

Anyway, just my two cents I thought I’d lead with.  :)

Subject: Re: Thoughts on Remembering the Past

Written By: Wobo on 07/15/18 at 1:40 pm

Welcome to inthe00s!

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/15/18 at 2:14 pm

(Assuming you were born in 94) When you said you had been lurking for 10 years, I thought to myself, he/she had to have been too young :o I keep forgetting that 10 years ago was only 2008. "10 years ago" doesn't have the same meaning or impact for me it did 10 years ago.

Anyways, Welcome to the forum!

Written By: Wobo on 07/15/18 at 2:36 pm

(Assuming you were born in 94) When you said you had been lurking for 10 years, I thought to myself, he/she had to have been too young :o I keep forgetting that 10 years ago was only 2008. "10 years ago" doesn't have the same meaning or impact for me it did 10 years ago.

Anyways, Welcome to the forum!

He was my age when he visited the forum 10 years ago.

Check for new replies or respond here...