inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm kind of afraid of going on Popedia now.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/06/18 at 7:12 pm

Several of my threads on Popedia have already been locked.

Keeping that in mind, I now doubt myself about what I should post and what I shouldn't.

I messaged #Infinity about what I should do (more specifically how I could lock it myself) with my other "shift" thread, and she did not reply. I'm not trying to blame anyone here, but in my opinion, that's kind of scary.

Subject: Re: I'm kind of afraid of going on Popedia now.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/06/18 at 7:55 pm

Popedia is a lot more strict than inthe00s, so you can't really talk a lot about decades and shifts on there like you can on here.

If you think about it, this website itself is kind of decadeology in a way. Not because of the posters, but because it's literally dedicated to decades.
"inthe00s".

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/06/18 at 7:56 pm

Several of my threads on Popedia have already been locked.

Keeping that in mind, I now doubt myself about what I should post and what I shouldn't.

I messaged #Infinity about what I should do (more specifically how I could lock it myself) with my other "shift" thread, and she did not reply. I'm not trying to blame anyone here, but in my opinion, that's kind of scary.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way and I hope you're not discouraged from creating more threads on Popedia, because I really enjoy reading your posts. I'll send you a private message and we can talk more about it if you'd like.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/06/18 at 9:08 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way and I hope you're not discouraged from creating more threads on Popedia, because I really enjoy reading your posts. I'll send you a private message and we can talk more about it if you'd like.

Thank you.

Written By: #Infinity on 08/06/18 at 10:06 pm

I just got your message. Sorry I didn't get back sooner; I was actually taking a nap.

Anyway, don't worry about it. It definitely seems like you mean the best, but I just felt it necessary to reinforce what threads are okay to promote and which ones are decadeology. SharksFan99 really doesn't want his board to become dominated by decadeology, so I want to help clarify things before it's too late.

Written By: mqg96 on 08/06/18 at 10:11 pm

I just got your message. Sorry I didn't get back sooner; I was actually taking a nap.

Anyway, don't worry about it. It definitely seems like you mean the best, but I just felt it necessary to reinforce what threads are okay to promote and which ones are decadeology. SharksFan99 really doesn't want his board to become dominated by decadeology, so I want to help clarify things before it's too late.

Haven't been on popedia yet, but I don't know if I'll ever go.

Written By: #Infinity on 08/06/18 at 10:27 pm

Haven't been on popedia yet, but I don't know if I'll ever go.

I'm sorry I caused all this drama. I was just trying to keep the rules at Popedia properly enforced. To be frank, the Shifts since 1900 thread did not need to be locked in the first place and I've since reopened it, since there actually was some productive talk about history. If you want clarification about what to post and what not to, just contact SharksFan99, myself, or any of the other moderators. We're ultimately here to help, not to punish.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/06/18 at 10:50 pm

I can only echo what #Infinity has already discussed in her earlier post. Speaking on behalf of myself and the other Popedia staff members, we don't want to be viewed as being "rule-dictators". Popedia was created with the intention that everyone is treated equally and that's something we strive to maintain.

Like all websites, we do have rules and guidelines to ensure that the site is an enjoyable place for all to visit. Decadeology is prohibited on the forum, because it isn't something which encourages constructive discussion. However, with that said, we don't want to "over-police" the threads and the rules aren't there to discourage people from contributing on the forum. If you ever have any questions or you are unsure of something, please feel free to get in contact with us at any time. :)

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/07/18 at 12:03 am

I'm sorry I caused all this drama. I was just trying to keep the rules at Popedia properly enforced. To be frank, the Shifts since 1900 thread did not need to be locked in the first place and I've since reopened it, since there actually was some productive talk about history. If you want clarification about what to post and what not to, just contact SharksFan99, myself, or any of the other moderators. We're ultimately here to help, not to punish.

I forgive you.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...