inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Late 20th century is forming its own identity

Written By: duenas8 on 09/01/18 at 2:55 am

As time passes the 20th century looks further and some cultural references from some decades, now we tend to confuse. That’s what’s happening with the 80s and 90’s, some aspects like technology are starting to lose its decade identity and looking the same with other decades. VHS, vintage CGI, Atari consoles, etc. now belong to the late 20th century identity.
In some decades, other fields will suffer the same process, a 2030’s kid won’t notice the difference between a 90’s and 80’s song, and so on.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYxfDDIITxTLW3FKDimROSjWhvM0t3uZTIJBPCl50OszRueO8qyQ

Subject: Re: Late 20th century is forming its own identity

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/01/18 at 11:41 am

Good topic. I know that these boards are broken down by decades and it seems like the majority of the members here now were born after 1990, but it seems like there really hasn't any discussion here when it comes to comparing the 20th vs 21st centuries.

Big picture-wise, does it seem like the new century has started to shape it's own identity when compared to the last one? Are there things now that seem more "21st century" than "20th century?"

Written By: duenas8 on 09/03/18 at 9:16 am

Good topic. I know that these boards are broken down by decades and it seems like the majority of the members here now were born after 1990, but it seems like there really hasn't any discussion here when it comes to comparing the 20th vs 21st centuries.

Big picture-wise, does it seem like the new century has started to shape it's own identity when compared to the last one? Are there things now that seem more "21st century" than "20th century?"

I think devices like 3D printers, drones, self driving cars will be really huge into the 21st, but they’re in a very early stage to be that useful

Written By: d90 on 09/04/18 at 10:23 am

I feel that somehow in this century stem cells will create a medical revolution that could make a huge change for humanity that no one in previous centuries could imagine

Check for new replies or respond here...