inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How many years of a decade does a show need to air....

Written By: 90s Guy on 09/24/18 at 9:38 pm

In order to be considered a show of that decade?

What I mean is, most would not consider say, The Sopranos, a 90s show because it only started airing in 1999.

How many years of a given decade must a show air for the show to be considered a show of that decade?

Subject: Re: How many years of a decade does a show need to air....

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 09/25/18 at 11:48 am

As long as the show was popular in the decade, then it's a show of that decade.

However, in my opinion, King of the Hill and South Park felt/feel more 2000's than 90's despite debuting in 1997.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/26/18 at 10:24 am

As long as the show was popular in the decade, then it's a show of that decade.

However, in my opinion, King of the Hill and South Park felt/feel more 2000's than 90's despite debuting in 1997.

I can say this about South Park, but King of the Hill definitely fit the 90's from the start of the series now maybe as it went on it got more 2000's.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 09/26/18 at 11:58 am

???
I can say this about South Park, but King of the Hill definitely fit the 90's from the start of the series now maybe as it went on it got more 2000's.

South Park was big even in 1998, but it has been popular ever since that year.

King of the Hill fitting in the 90's, yeah, I can see that, but I think that the show's main heyday took place during the 2000's.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/26/18 at 12:22 pm

???
South Park was big even in 1998, but it has been popular ever since that year.

King of the Hill fitting in the 90's, yeah, I can see that, but I think that the show's main heyday took place during the 2000's.

I was talking about the way the show culturally felt when it first premiered (because that's what I thought you meant, were you talking about the popularity of the show itself or the cultural aspects of the show like how they dressed or looked?) You said the feel of the show.

King of the Hill definitely felt 90's when it premiered, but South Park felt ahead of its time from the beginning. I agreed with you on South Park. South Park had 3 seasons and 47 episodes in the 90's. King of the Hill had 4 seasons and 70 episodes in the 90's. The way the characters from King of the Hill dressed up felt way more 90's than the way the characters from South Park dressed up like.

To answer the question of this thread. 3 years. Shows that premiered in 1998 or 1999 are 2000's shows or millennium/Y2K shows depending on how long it lasted.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 09/26/18 at 12:34 pm

I was talking about the way the show culturally felt when it first premiered (because that's what I thought you meant, were you talking about the popularity of the show itself or the cultural aspects of the show like how they dressed or looked?) You said the feel of the show.

King of the Hill definitely felt 90's when it premiered, but South Park felt ahead of its time from the beginning. I agreed with you on South Park. South Park had 3 seasons and 47 episodes in the 90's. King of the Hill had 4 seasons and 70 episodes in the 90's. The way the characters from King of the Hill dressed up felt way more 90's than the way the characters from South Park dressed up like.

To answer the question of this thread. 3 years. Shows that premiered in 1998 or 1999 are 2000's shows or millennium/Y2K shows depending on how long it lasted.

Whoops. Thanks for letting me know.

Just treat what I said as a second argument, not necessarily as an explanation of my feeling argument.

Check for new replies or respond here...