inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 70s and 80s format getting younger crowds listening?

Written By: Dude111 on 10/21/18 at 9:19 am

With the surge in country rock & CHR formats (Which arent that good),do ya think the 18-34 crowd is listening to 70s & 80s format more now?

I think its sad because most of them are probably hearing 70s music digitally which doesnt sound as good as analog...

Your thoughts & observations http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

Subject: Re: 70s and 80s format getting younger crowds listening?

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 10/21/18 at 11:29 am

No offense, but I never even knew that this was a thing.

Written By: Howard on 10/21/18 at 2:05 pm

With the surge in country rock & CHR formats (Which arent that good),do ya think the 18-34 crowd is listening to 70s & 80s format more now?

I think its sad because most of them are probably hearing 70s music digitally which doesnt sound as good as analog...

Your thoughts & observations http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

I think they're listening to today's music.

Written By: Mitch Kramer on 10/22/18 at 7:46 am

I could be wrong, but I don't think people that age even listen to terrestrial radio.

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/22/18 at 1:00 pm

Kids today don't even know what a radio is.  They don't listen to vinyl!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/22/18 at 1:18 pm

Terrestrial radio is in it's death throes. Especially music formats. Some talk and news formats are hanging in there, but by a thin thread. The young demographic most certainly does not listen to terrestrial radio.

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/22/18 at 1:23 pm

I can't stand radio and wouldn't mind seeing it go away.  Same songs over and over again.  Incredibly annoying commercials.  Braindead banter from DJ's and morning show hosts.  Why feel forced to listen to songs you don't wanna hear when you can stream your own custom mix or easily skip songs you don't like online?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/18 at 1:25 pm

Terrestrial radio is in it's death throes. Especially music formats. Some talk and news formats are hanging in there, but by a thin thread. The young demographic most certainly does not listen to terrestrial radio.
The radio is most certainly alive and well in my son's car.

Written By: Howard on 10/22/18 at 1:41 pm

So what do they listen to?

Written By: bchris02 on 10/22/18 at 5:11 pm

I think it depends on market size.  Large markets are still doing fairly well in terms of terrestrial radio.  Living in a small town though I've watched the radio stations decline significantly in quality around here compared to how they used to sound, especially those typically targeted towards younger audiences.  For instance, my area has a jockless CHR that might as well be a hot AC.  There's no hip-hop station.  I stay pretty up to date on current music through a few YouTube playlists I follow and by following the charts.

Subject: 70s and 80s format getting younger crowds listening?

Written By: Dude111 on 10/23/18 at 4:57 am

The radio is most certainly alive and well in my son's car.

Ah man!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/23/18 at 5:40 am

Ah man!!
On long journeys CDs will played, but the majority of the time is the radio, providing the reception is good on a decent radio station.

Written By: Howard on 10/23/18 at 7:33 am

Maybe the younger generations may want to listen to oldies music.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/23/18 at 7:45 am

Maybe the younger generations may want to listen to oldies music.
Certainly better songs than today's offerings.

Check for new replies or respond here...