inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: So, did you go to your senior prom?

Written By: Mat1991 on 11/14/18 at 2:43 am

If you went, did you enjoy it? If you didn't, why didn't you go, and do you regret it?

I didn't attend mine. It's ironic because I was involved with a lot of stuff throughout high school, but during the course of my senior year, I just became over high school and had lost interest in most things related to it.

If I could do it over, maybe I would go. What would one night dressed up and being at prom hurt? It's not something that nags at me all the time, though.  ::)

Subject: Re: So, did you go to your senior prom?

Written By: 2001 on 11/14/18 at 7:56 am

I did. It was a lot of fun! A bit overhyped by the teachers though... "Something you'll remember for the rest of your life". Perhaps, but in terms of memorable events it's rather mid-tier. I had 10x more fun during my orientation week in university.

I think if you really liked high school, prom can be an excellent and memorable way to cap it all off. For me, however, that's a period in my life I'm happier thinking less of. ;D Me being closeted and going single may also play a part in why I didn't find it so memorable. :-X

Nonetheless, it was a lot of fun. I recommend everyone go. Just keep your expectations in check, and don't do drugs. ;)

Written By: mwalker1996 on 11/14/18 at 11:59 am

I did. It was a lot of fun! A bit overhyped by the teachers though... "Something you'll remember for the rest of your life". Perhaps, but in terms of memorable events it's rather mid-tier. I had 10x more fun during my orientation week in university.

I think if you really liked high school, prom can be an excellent and memorable way to cap it all off. For me, however, that's a period in my life I'm happier thinking less of. ;D Me being closeted and going single may also play a part in why I didn't find it so memorable. :-X

Nonetheless, it was a lot of fun. I recommend everyone go. Just keep your expectations in check, and don't do drugs. ;)
Same with me. My mom made me go to my prom. I enjoyed it but it wasn't like a highlight of my type of thing. I think it's great experience even if you don't have a date just think of it as a moment rather than a life-changing experience.

Written By: Mat1991 on 11/14/18 at 1:48 pm

My thing was, I enjoyed some parts of high school, but never particularly liked school dances, or dressing up. Being gay makes prom infinitely more awkward, too, being one of society's last heterosexist institutions.  ::)

Written By: violet_shy on 11/14/18 at 4:55 pm

I didn't go to mine. I wanted to deep down inside...but, since I was kind if a rebel at that age I just didn't want to see anyone's face. Plus, I couldn't find a pretty dress!

Don't get me wrong everyone. I WAS NOT a bully. A bit off ropic there but I had to say it.

Written By: mqg96 on 11/14/18 at 5:48 pm

It's one of the reasons why my senior year of high school was my favorite along with so many other events that occurred throughout that year!

Subject: So, did you go to your senior prom?

Written By: Dude111 on 11/14/18 at 6:17 pm

I didnt go...... I wasnt really interested in all that........

Ah man!!

Written By: yelimsexa on 11/15/18 at 6:22 am

It's basically a watered-down debutante ball that I never went to, because I didn't have a date.  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/15/18 at 3:14 pm

I wanted to but didn't. Why? No one asked me and I didn't want to go stag. I didn't go to my junior prom either.  :\'(

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 11/15/18 at 5:34 pm

I did, I wish I hadn't though. I took a girl who didn't attend my school and my best friend took her sister.
Neither one of danced so outside a few slow dances it was pretty boring for the girls, and me as well.
After the prom my girlfriend asked me to take her home and after I parked in front of her house she got
out of the car and said we shouldn't see each other anymore. So there I stood, in the street, in a robins
egg blue tux looking dumbfounded. Boy I hated that night.

It worked out though, a year after the prom I married that girl. That was 37 years ago and we're still
together, and I still don't dance.

Written By: nally on 11/21/18 at 10:14 pm

I didn't attend mine. Couldn't really afford the expenses of a ticket, a nice suit, or transportation. I didn't even have a date. Therefore I chose not to go.

Check for new replies or respond here...