inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Caught between Millennials & Generation Z? Put your name on the survey and see

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 03/01/19 at 5:32 pm

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/01/698356977/not-sure-if-youre-a-millennial-or-part-of-gen-z-we-want-to-hear-from-you

I’m glad that the media is finally starting to take notice of my so called ‘micro’ generation  ;D. Anybody else who was born from about 1995-2000, you guys should also respond.

Subject: Re: Caught between Millennials & Generation Z? Put your name on the survey and see

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/01/19 at 6:25 pm

What did you respond with?

Subject: Re: Caught between Millennials & Generation Z? Put your name on the survey and see

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/19 at 8:24 am

Revealing to many personal details, no thanks!

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/02/19 at 8:42 am

Yeah no thanks, I'm not putting my phone number.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/19 at 2:37 pm

Me neither, that's too much information.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/06/19 at 9:44 am

How about putting a fictitious phone number on it?

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 03/06/19 at 10:47 pm

What did you respond with?

Lol I didn't put my personal info in. I honestly just made this thread because I'm happy that my micro-generation is getting some well deserved recognition ;D.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 03/06/19 at 10:49 pm

For anybody who was on Personality Cafe back in the Mid 2010s, heres a little relic from that era:

https://www.personalitycafe.com/generation-y-forum/519226-do-you-consider-those-born-1994-1997-gen-y-gen-z.html

enjoy ;)

Written By: Zelek3 on 03/08/19 at 5:16 am

For anybody who was on Personality Cafe back in the Mid 2010s, heres a little relic from that era:

https://www.personalitycafe.com/generation-y-forum/519226-do-you-consider-those-born-1994-1997-gen-y-gen-z.html

enjoy ;)

Man I remember being on those forums back then. Kinda weird how 1995 was not fully considered a Millennial birth year back in 2014 yet it mostly is in 2019.

On a related note, it just feels really surreal to see Early Gen Z recently posting childhood nostalgia memes now, for Late 00s-Early 10s things like Minecraft, MW2, Jonas Brothers, iCarly, Halo 3, Cool Math Games, etc. Those things still feel modern and not that old to me, yet they were 10 years ago, lol.

Also I remember people back in 2012 saying "If we have people unironically being nostalgic for Minecraft and Justin Bieber years from now, that's when you'll know humanity has lost all hope, and I'll have killed myself by then hopefully." I wonder if they killed themselves by now, since their predictions came true. Lol

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 03/08/19 at 6:18 pm

Man I remember being on those forums back then. Kinda weird how 1995 was not fully considered a Millennial birth year back in 2014 yet it mostly is in 2019.

On a related note, it just feels really surreal to see Early Gen Z recently posting childhood nostalgia memes now, for Late 00s-Early 10s things like Minecraft, MW2, Jonas Brothers, iCarly, Halo 3, Cool Math Games, etc. Those things still feel modern and not that old to me, yet they were 10 years ago, lol.

Also I remember people back in 2012 saying "If we have people unironically being nostalgic for Minecraft and Justin Bieber years from now, that's when you'll know humanity has lost all hope, and I'll have killed myself by then hopefully." I wonder if they killed themselves by now, since their predictions came true. Lol

Lol true. Crazy how times flies :o.

Written By: cowboy on 03/08/19 at 7:16 pm

What would they make of me? A 1988 born that is more nostalgic for 2008-2013 music and 2005-2013 TV and movies (including HM and The Suite Life even!) than for anything from 1995-2002 except for my personal life and having more people (and pets) still around.

I don't miss 90's music, it was mostly bad, especially the second half. 90's TV was better before 1995. I miss the optimism of childhood though, especially 1992-1995. This whole "You were X age so you must remember it fondly/hate it" never made much sense.

Written By: GuapitoChico on 03/08/19 at 11:35 pm

Amen. To me, anything 10s feels so recent, but it'll eventually feel dated in a few years. I think that many of us from the 95-00 group will experience a "two-part nostalgia." One part for the early/mid 00s and the other for the late 00s/early 10s.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/09/19 at 6:34 am

Amen. To me, anything 10s feels so recent, but it'll eventually feel dated in a few years. I think that many of us from the 95-00 group will experience a "two-part nostalgia." One part for the early/mid 00s and the other for the late 00s/early 10s.

Funny enough, I knew this myself LONG time ago. Although, I'm way more nostalgic for the early 10's than late 00's. The early 00's and mid 00's are about even in different ways.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 03/09/19 at 11:59 am

True us 96 borns can definitely relate to late Y and Early Z pretty well since our childhoods were in a transition between analog and digital.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/09/19 at 5:05 pm

That's probably true for everyone. You're nostalgic for your childhood and then you're nostalgic for your teen years.

Written By: GuapitoChico on 03/09/19 at 9:34 pm

On a side note, research has already begun to recognize our cohort. Some HR source calls 1993-1998 the “MinionZ” group - sharing the social liberal views of Millennials and cautious realism of Gen Z.

Written By: MichaelBurton69 on 03/12/19 at 11:11 pm

Anyone born after August of 1996 would be 100% Gen Z and it should 't even be debatable considering that they would not be in K-12 Schooling until after 9/11.That alone would be enough to say those born after August of 1996 would be 100% Gen Z, considering that 9/11 is one of the bigger things that separates millennials from Gen Zers. Not only that,but would also no memories of the early 2000s(2000-2003),don't remember a time before everything/almost everything became digital(iphones,Social Media,online Gaming,HD TV's surpassing CRT TV's in sales,etc),which are other big things that separates millennials from gen Zers. People born in 1997-2010(Specifically late 1996-mid 2010) would be 100% Gen Z,PERIOD.

Written By: Dundee on 03/13/19 at 4:08 am

The notorious reddit troll is back

Written By: cowboy on 03/13/19 at 5:44 am

Some HR source calls 1993-1998 the “MinionZ” group - sharing the social liberal views of Millennials and cautious realism of Gen Z.

Wow than I'm almost culturally a Z-er? I share more things with people 10 years younger than me such as late 00s and early 10s nostalgia.

Check for new replies or respond here...