inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone who likes lots of different music styles?

Written By: cowboy on 03/13/19 at 3:28 pm

I like artists like Ne-Yo, Usher, 50 Cent, Eminem, Mario, Drake, some Akon, but also Gaga, Miley, Justin Timberlake, Blue, and even 1D. I even used to like Kylie Minogue lol but now I only dig her 2003-2011 stuff.
Some Alexandra Stan, Carly Rae Jepsen, Bastille, One Republic, Fun, Rihanna etc.

I also like some 70s-80s music like Dire Straits, Bryan Adams, Nena, Duran Duran, Human League, but also MJ, David Lee Roth, and even some SAW. I like some rock like The White Stripes but also indie like Lorde and Gotye. Even some 40s jazz, 50s rock, 60s pop, 70s disco or 80s italo guilty pleasures. :D

You can see why sometimes I feel I'm the only one in the world with so many different tastes. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Subject: Re: Anyone who likes lots of different music styles?

Written By: violet_shy on 03/19/19 at 7:24 pm

I listen to anything. I love what's current and if I'm feeling nostalgic I will listen to music from the 1980s or 1990s. Sometimes I'll listen to 70s music. I don't like music from before the 1970s. The only 60s band I enjoy listening to is The Monkees.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/19 at 7:08 am

If the music is pleasant to the ear, I listen to it.

Written By: 2001 on 03/20/19 at 8:55 am

Nah, you're not alone. I have like 50 Spotify playlists because I have no idea how to organize all that different music lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/19 at 9:02 am

Nah, you're not alone. I have like 50 Spotify playlists because I have no idea how to organize all that different music lol
You are not supplied  with folders to put the music in?

Written By: 2001 on 03/20/19 at 9:02 am

You are not supplied  with folders to put the music in?

Yeah, you can put the playlists into folders.

Written By: cowboy on 03/20/19 at 11:16 am

Funny thing is I actually don't like listening to pop music while working, driving or on headphones as it distracts me too much and triggers my ADHD. ;D

I like listening it in restaurants, discos, pubs, bars, concerts. Anywhere where I can truly enjoy it with others. On my headphones I prefer New Age meditation music and binaural beats.

Written By: 2001 on 03/20/19 at 11:42 am

Funny thing is I actually don't like listening to pop music while working, driving or on headphones as it distracts me too much and triggers my ADHD. ;D

I like listening it in restaurants, discos, pubs, bars, concerts. Anywhere where I can truly enjoy it with others. On my headphones I prefer New Age meditation music and binaural beats.

When working I play nature sounds.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/19 at 11:44 am

No distractions when at work!

Written By: 2001 on 03/20/19 at 11:45 am

Except inthe00s ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/19 at 11:47 am

Except inthe00s ;D
O0

Getting your priorities right?

Written By: cowboy on 03/20/19 at 12:28 pm

I also do that. ;) Do they also calm you down/make boredom or stress more manageable?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/19 at 12:35 pm

I also do that. ;) Do they also calm you down/make boredom or stress more manageable?
I love the sound of birdcall in the morning

Written By: 2001 on 03/20/19 at 12:39 pm

I have noise cancelling headphones but conversations/small noises still pierce through, so the additional sound is to mask that. I don't work well with noise, and music is too distracting especially if it's really good. The nature sounds are also very calming, especially ^ birds singing, raining and ocean waves.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/19 at 12:47 pm

I have noise cancelling headphones but conversations/small noises still pierce through, so the additional sound is to mask that. I don't work well with noise, and music is too distracting especially if it's really good. The nature sounds are also very calming, especially ^ birds singing, raining and ocean waves.
I totally agree, these sounds, even imagining these sounds, helps to relieve stress.

Written By: shadowcookie on 03/20/19 at 1:38 pm

Yup. I like trance, pop, rock, hip hop, rap, even the occasional country track.. I can find songs I like from almost any genre.

Written By: Howard on 03/20/19 at 3:15 pm

same here, it's too distracting.

Written By: Howard on 03/20/19 at 3:16 pm

Disco, Funk, late 50's, 60's, 70's and a lot of 80's.

Written By: nally on 04/05/19 at 11:19 pm

I totally agree, these sounds, even imagining these sounds, helps to relieve stress.

They sure do. But I don't have any such headphones (wish I did) :-\\

Written By: nally on 04/05/19 at 11:21 pm

As for the question posed in the title of this thread, I happen to enjoy several different musical styles, in all different eras. Whatever I'm in the mood for. I like having a wide variety. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...