inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What advice/sayings would you tell your teenaged self if you could

Written By: violet_shy on 05/21/19 at 2:12 pm

We should go back in time, and give our teenaged selves some good advice or whatever we want to say. What year would you go back to and what would you tell yourself?

So, in my scenario I go back to 1997. I sit down with myself and have a nice talk.

Jessica, you're only 17 and losing a pet is hard but when you get older you'll have many more pets. Please smile when you're around others, and don't allow your decisions discourage you. Do something special for yourself and work harder in school. I know that being a singer has been your dream. You should go to Barbizon so that you can be a singer! But don't worry, 24 years from now you will sing your own songs and you'll love it! I know you will never forget the day you almost died from asphyxiation last year. It was scary, and nightmarish. You must tell your counselor about it so that you won't have anymore flasbacks when you get older. Lastly, show your singing talent to the world and don't hold any grudges! Oh, and in the year 2010....don't fear.

Subject: Re: What advice/sayings would you tell your teenaged self if you could

Written By: bchris02 on 05/21/19 at 6:14 pm

Two main things.  Whatever you do, don't move back to Oklahoma when you are 26.  And if you meet a guy named Garrett Huntley around the same age, run far away as fast as you can.  One more thing...sometimes you have to make decisions in life that your parents won't agree with but it's your life, not theirs.

Written By: Mike on 05/21/19 at 6:36 pm

Listen to your grandparents.

Miss jessica_ann, are you sent from above? Your music is awesome and your voice is amazing.

Written By: Howard on 05/22/19 at 2:55 pm

"When you grow up as you get older you'll be working for Stop N Shop"

But then my younger self will want to know what a Stop n Shop is.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/22/19 at 3:11 pm

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

I was told this not knowing it is a Biblical quote.

Written By: 2001 on 05/23/19 at 6:14 pm

I would tell myself to get help for my social anxiety sooner, and maybe teach my teenage self how to code.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/24/19 at 8:26 am

Make sure you get your first job at age 16 and learn money management skills early. Make sure you work your ass off to get a 3.7 high honors GPA in high school so you can obtain a Zell Miller scholarship that pays 100% of in-state college tuition. Work your ass off on the ACT and SAT so you can go straight to a great technical university. Stay consistent in the gym from the start of 2012 and don't slack off.

Written By: 2001 on 05/24/19 at 3:56 pm

Make sure you get your first job at age 16 and learn money management skills early. Make sure you work your ass off to get a 3.7 high honors GPA in high school so you can obtain a Zell Miller scholarship that pays 100% of in-state college tuition. Work your ass off on the ACT and SAT so you can go straight to a great technical university. Stay consistent in the gym from the start of 2012 and don't slack off.

Oh yeah, I should tell my younger self to go the gym too. I could have been Hulk by now and high school bullies wouldn't have touched me ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 05/24/19 at 4:20 pm

This made me so emotional!  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 05/25/19 at 2:18 pm

I would say to my younger self "stop acting like a moron".

Written By: violet_shy on 05/25/19 at 2:25 pm

I would say to my younger self "stop acting like a moron".

Hahaha Howard!

I kinda imagine you as being very well behaved when you were younger.

Written By: Howard on 05/25/19 at 2:54 pm

Hahaha Howard!

I kinda imagine you as being very well behaved when you were younger.

Oh you never saw me growing up acting like a goofball. ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 05/25/19 at 3:57 pm

Oh you never saw me growing up acting like a goofball. ;D

I did too, when I was at home or with people I knew.

Written By: Howard on 05/26/19 at 2:44 pm

I did too, when I was at home or with people I knew.

Like what stuff did you do?

Written By: violet_shy on 05/26/19 at 3:55 pm

Like what stuff did you do?

Silly pranks and things ;D

When I would play video games with my sister I would turn into this goofy, silly, animated girl! It was the video games ;D ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...