inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Eras had Pop Culture that was Last Relevant to Us in Those Eras

Written By: Retrolover on 07/19/19 at 7:27 pm

Which eras had the most TV shows, movies, books, video games, and toys that were last very relevant to us while we were in those eras?

Off of the top of my head, these are the ones I cam up with:

- Late 80s

- Early 90s

- Late 90s

- Early 2000s (before GWB was in office)???

- Mid 2000s ????

Subject: Re: What Eras had Pop Culture that was Last Relevant to Us in Those Eras

Written By: Retrolover on 07/20/19 at 10:25 am

Bump

Subject: Re: What Eras had Pop Culture that was Last Relevant to Us in Those Eras

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/20/19 at 11:38 am

I would say the mid-00s to me for everything. From there on out, it was only TV shows, games, and films.

Written By: Retrolover on 07/20/19 at 11:58 am

I would say the mid-00s to me for everything. From there on out, it was only TV shows, games, and films.

Will the mid 2000s be fused with the late 2000s when nostalgists in the late 2020s into the 2030s create TV shows set in the 2000s? That is the question. We’ve seen it done for the early and mid 90s recently on The Disney Channel show “Sydney to the Max” and the early 80s have even been combined to the late 80s on “The Goldbergs”—what will 2000s kids and teens do with the Noughties in the future? What do you see happening?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/21/19 at 8:52 pm

Will the mid-2000s be fused with the late 2000s when nostalgists in the late 2020s into the 2030s create TV shows set in the 2000s? That is the question. We’ve seen it done for the early and mid-90s recently on The Disney Channel show “Sydney to the Max” and the early 80s combined to the late 80s on “The Goldbergs”—what will 2000s kids and teens do with the Noughties in the future? What do you see happening?
I believe they will. I don't think people generally care about portions of a decade as we like to think. If anything, both pieces weren't all that different from one another. Shoot, even the early 00s, wasn't as stark from its next segment. The fashion, video games, TV shows, music, etc. continued throughout the era.

Written By: Retrolover on 07/21/19 at 8:58 pm

I believe they will. I don't think people generally care about portions of a decade as we like to think. If anything, both pieces weren't all that different from one another. Shoot, even the early 00s, wasn't as stark from its next segment. The fashion, video games, TV shows, music, etc. continued throughout the era.

I doubt we will ever get an accurate portrayal of any era in this world. Then again, nothing is perfect for any of us.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/21/19 at 9:43 pm

I doubt we will ever get an accurate portrayal of any era in this world. Then again, nothing is perfect for any of us.
I think that's because eras tend to be blend in with each other. They're not usually supposed to contrast unless something major suddenly happens.

Written By: Retrolover on 07/21/19 at 10:29 pm

I think that's because eras tend to be blend in with each other. They're not usually supposed to contrast unless something major suddenly happens.

Why do some people break up decades into parts then?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/21/19 at 11:45 pm

Why do some people break up decades into parts then?
I think it's possible some people have an affection of a piece of an era they experienced thoroughly. Then, they would love to revisit the period or explain to others how noteworthy that particular time was. 

Check for new replies or respond here...