inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is your favorite microgeneration?

Written By: yelimsexa on 07/22/19 at 8:33 am

While a lot of generations are defined by the culture perceived in their core periods (i.e. Baby Boomers= hippies/psychedelic/shag, Generation X= Hair metal/grunge/John Hughes/Friends, Millennials= Comic/video game geeks/Emo/Hipsters, and Gen Z= Fortnight/Trap music/yellow-shaded fashion), I'd like for you all to share your thoughts in terms of which of the intermediate microgenerations provided the most interesting pop culture, people, and life experiences. Note that the "Elvis" generation tends to basically be the WWII babies who were in high school when Elvis broke and had some appreciation for rock 'n roll that their core 1930s born Silent counterparts didn't appreciate, while seeing WWII as too young to really appreciate, yet still being young enough to be drafted for Vietnam like the first half of the proper Boomers ended up doing. 

Subject: Re: What is your favorite microgeneration?

Written By: exodus08 on 07/22/19 at 3:57 pm

I can't wait to see the Z/Alpha cusp.

Subject: Re: What is your favorite microgeneration?

Written By: Retrolover on 07/26/19 at 7:58 pm

The Heyday for Generation Jones (before their culture started to dissolve): 1978-1979

The Heyday for Xennials (before their culture started to wane): 1990-1991

The Heyday for Zennials (before their culture fell off): 2011-2012

The High Times for Zer/Alpha Cusps (before things go downhill): 2020-2021

Check for new replies or respond here...