inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you hear a loud windy or rumbling sound when closing your eyes very tight?

Written By: mqg96 on 10/27/19 at 8:37 pm

This is something I've been going through my whole life basically. I've always asked this question, and I finally have my answer after 23 1/2 years of living. You know when you're running outside in the wind and you hear that wind go through your ears. You drive a truck, and you hear the wind of your car while driving at a certain speed, or even on a plane, when you take off, you hear a much louder sound and you still hear somewhat of a windy, rumbling sound while you're in the plane. It sounds similar to this. It's the same exact sound you hear when you yawn. If you close your eyes too tight, it sounds like these winds or rumbles will go off in your ears. Sometimes it's creepy too especially when it happens between dreams. Throughout my life every time I'm entering a dream or exiting a dream (it's scarier when exiting a dream or nightmare), I hear this loud windy, rumbling sound in my ears along with a ringing sound at the same time.

bugvN7sHN6E

Subject: Re: Do you hear a loud windy or rumbling sound when closing your eyes very tight?

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 10/27/19 at 9:40 pm

O_O I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME!!! I asked a classmate in 6th grade if it meant anything, and she didn't know what I was talking about!

Subject: Re: Do you hear a loud windy or rumbling sound when closing your eyes very tight?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/28/19 at 5:42 am

This is something I've been going through my whole life basically. I've always asked this question, and I finally have my answer after 23 1/2 years of living. You know when you're running outside in the wind and you hear that wind go through your ears. You drive a truck, and you hear the wind of your car while driving at a certain speed, or even on a plane, when you take off, you hear a much louder sound and you still hear somewhat of a windy, rumbling sound while you're in the plane. It sounds similar to this. It's the same exact sound you hear when you yawn. If you close your eyes too tight, it sounds like these winds or rumbles will go off in your ears. Sometimes it's creepy too especially when it happens between dreams. Throughout my life every time I'm entering a dream or exiting a dream (it's scarier when exiting a dream or nightmare), I hear this loud windy, rumbling sound in my ears along with a ringing sound at the same time.

bugvN7sHN6E
The loud rumbling sound (sometimes like thunder) that's produced in the ear when you close your eyes too tightly is due to the contraction of a muscle called the tensor tympani muscle. It is a muscle located within the ear and it functions to dampen certain sounds.

Check for new replies or respond here...