inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone into Latin or World Music : songs in other languages?

Written By: violet_shy on 01/27/20 at 6:53 pm

I've been trying to make my Spanish and French perfect for years now. I'm multi- ethnic and it includes me being Spaniard. For some reason though, I can't pronounce any Spanish words correctly. I can't roll my R's and it makes me sound horrible. English has always been my primary language. Anyway, I've been listening to some latin music just so I can sing better in Spanish and French as well.

Do any of you listen to latin or world music? Which artists should I listen to?

Subject: Re: Anyone into Latin or World Music : songs in other languages?

Written By: nally on 02/02/20 at 6:39 pm

I like various songs by Shakira (a female latin-pop singer from Colombia who turns 43 today). In the early 2000s when she started having mainstream success in the English-language markets, I took a big liking to her song "Whenever Wherever" (as well as its Spanish version, "Suerte"). I even bought a copy of Laundry Service in 2002.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/02/20 at 7:19 pm

Hmm. I'll give it a listen.

It seems no matter what I do my Spanish will always sound horrible. ;D

Written By: nally on 02/02/20 at 10:04 pm

"Mi Destino Eres Tu" by Lucero (Mexican singer and telenovela actress) is another Spanish-language song I enjoy. I find it upbeat and energetic. :)

The song was the theme to a same-named telenovela in which Lucero starred.
ddXj6c03wmc

Written By: 2001 on 02/03/20 at 6:41 am

A lot of my favourite albums are not in English. According to Spotify, I listened to songs from 47 countries in 2019.

I don't know many Spanish/Latin songs unfortunately. This French song from 2018 is Latin/Spanish inspired though and it's one of my favourites!

6THHrPyZQuQ

Written By: violet_shy on 02/03/20 at 9:01 am

I've added both of these to my playlist. Should be fun. I've been listening to Thalia also. Hopefully someday I will be able to sing a track in Spanish.

Written By: nally on 02/03/20 at 6:09 pm

I've added both of these to my playlist. Should be fun. I've been listening to Thalia also. Hopefully someday I will be able to sing a track in Spanish.

Oh yes, she has some good stuff too.

However, one of her songs, "Arrasando", seems to be sung rather fast (particularly in the verses). It has an English version, "It's My Party", which also has speedy verses.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/03/20 at 6:14 pm

However, one of her songs, "Arrasando", seems to be sung rather fast (particularly in the verses). It has an English version, "It's My Party", which also has speedy verses.

Yeah, I listened to the Spanish version...what the heck!!? Lol. I can't sing that can't even get the first verse haha  ;D ;D

Written By: nally on 02/03/20 at 6:17 pm

Yeah, I listened to the Spanish version...what the heck!!? Lol. I can't sing that can't even get the first verse haha  ;D ;D

I know, huh? Probably harder to understand than the verses of "Life Is A Rock But The Radio Rolled Me" by Reunion. :D

Check for new replies or respond here...