inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What movies did you want to see as a kid but you were too young?

Written By: GeekyAlgorithm on 01/31/20 at 4:39 pm

For me, it was Blade 2. I was 6 and the trailers I saw during primetime TV made it look awesome, and Blade was some mysterious shades and trench coat wearing black guy who I quite had a crush on. However, the film was rated R, so I didn't get to see it. I compensated by writing about a character "inspired" by Blade, who I dubbed Slayer. The childish situations Slayer got into, looking back at it now, pale in comparison to Blade's adventures. Maybe I should bring back Slayer but give him the awesome treatment he deserves.

Subject: Re: What movies did you want to see as a kid but you were too young?

Written By: DisneysRetro on 02/01/20 at 1:45 am

I was about to say Blade 2. My dad took me to go see it in 2002 at the Kabuki theater in San Francisco... I was 5 years old, scared out of my mind. My mom ended up getting really mad at my dad for taking me. Till this day I still love that movie and my dad and I have a good laugh about it. He also took me to go see Kill Bill Vol. 1 in 2003...

Written By: fusefan on 02/01/20 at 2:12 pm

I remember in 2007, me and my friends wanted to see Grindhouse but we didn’t have our IDs to prove we were 17 so we just went to see Wild Hogs instead.

Subject: What movies did you want to see as a kid but you were too young?

Written By: Dude111 on 02/01/20 at 3:51 pm

XTRO - 1982 is 1 I remember my dad renting but when they showed this lady naked behind bars my mum didnt want me to see anymore ;D

I still havent seen it!!

Written By: 2001 on 02/01/20 at 4:11 pm

By the time I was 10 I knew how to download movies, so there was nothing I couldn't watch.  :D

Written By: violet_shy on 02/01/20 at 8:17 pm

XTRO - 1982 is 1 I remember my dad renting but when they showed this lady naked behind bars my mum didnt want me to see anymore ;D

I still havent seen it!!

My mom use to have the VHS tape of that movie. I never watched it though because I don't like horror films. Anyway, I don't know what we did with it...I think it was sent over to a pawn shop.

On topic: When I was growing up, my mom never allowed me to watch Zombie movies.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/12/20 at 4:11 am

When I was young, back in the early 1970s, my sister managed to see "A Clockwork Orange" underage for the certification, and it was not till after the sad demise of Stanley Kubrick in 1999 and the film was made available to view on DVD, I finally managed to see it.

Check for new replies or respond here...