inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Songs you thought were older/newer than they are

Written By: Zelek3 on 02/14/20 at 10:44 pm

Others brought this up, but High Hopes by Panic! at the Disco sounds like it should've come out in like 2011, not 2018. The chintzy horns, motivational lyrics, Autotune, skyscraper and lensfare imagery, etc. seems like a throwback to the early 2010s.

IPXIgEAGe4U

UGK (Underground Kingz) - Int'l Players Anthem feels like a 2003 song stuck in 2007, mostly due to the presence of Outkast.

awMIbA34MT8

I was surprised when I learned Fly Like an Eagle was a 70s song. For some reason I used to think it was a 90s song when I was younger, perhaps due to Seal's cover.

6zT4Y-QNdto

#Infinity mentioned before that while Sugar Sugar by The Archies came out in 1969, it sounds like it could've just as easily come out in 1959.

h9nE2spOw_o

Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World came out in 1968, but some people assumed it was a 30s-40s song.

A3yCcXgbKrE

Cars by Gary Numan is a 1979 song, but most people associate it with the 80s (this is the case with many new wave songs from 1978-79).

Ldyx3KHOFXw

Subject: Re: Songs you thought were older/newer than they are

Written By: nally on 02/14/20 at 11:23 pm

^ It's nice that you want to share all these songs, but our admins/lead mods highly recommend limiting posts to two clips at most, as a courtesy to other members. Too many of them can cause page-loading problems on other people's browsers.

Please read: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=60739.0

Thanks.

Check for new replies or respond here...