inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Late 80s and Early 90s borns I have a question for you guys

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 02/18/20 at 6:52 am

I just wanted to ask those born from 1989-1991 what birth years were some of your closest friends born? This doesn't have to be a super long list of course, but atleast 5 or 6 people who you know and are close to(not counting family members).

Subject: Re: Late 80s and Early 90s borns I have a question for you guys

Written By: Mat1991 on 02/18/20 at 10:43 am

Well, I could count on one hand the people I'm close to, and even then I go through periods when I don't see or hear from them much.

Two people I'm close to were born in 1986 and 1988.

I have one friend who was born in 1971 (though I haven't seen or heard from her in months), and a friend/mentor ("friendtor") who was born in 1978.

I guess the trend with me is that all of the people I feel close to are older than me. I was born in '91, by the way.

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 02/19/20 at 5:59 pm

Well, I could count on one hand the people I'm close to, and even then I go through periods when I don't see or hear from them much.

Two people I'm close to were born in 1986 and 1988.

I have one friend who was born in 1971 (though I haven't seen or heard from her in months), and a friend/mentor ("friendtor") who was born in 1978.

I guess the trend with me is that all of the people I feel close to are older than me. I was born in '91, by the way.
Pretty Interesting. I know that as you get older, the birth years of the friends that you have become more further apart from yours, as for growing up as a child and a teen, most of my friends were born from 1989-1992ish, but as I got into my 20s I started befriending older people some of them 8 or more years older than me. I'm guessing when you were growing up most of your friends were born around the same time as my friends were at that time. Am I correct?

Written By: Mat1991 on 02/20/20 at 2:54 pm

Pretty Interesting. I know that as you get older, the birth years of the friends that you have become more further apart from yours, as for growing up as a child and a teen, most of my friends were born from 1989-1992ish, but as I got into my 20s I started befriending older people some of them 8 or more years older than me. I'm guessing when you were growing up most of your friends were born around the same time as my friends were at that time. Am I correct?

Yeah, growing up all my friends were around my age. Once I started college I began friendships with people much older than me as I drifted apart from my childhood friends. Some of my friends are old enough to be my parents.  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...