inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Defining Historical Moments, The Vibe of the Year, or Both?

Written By: oldmusicfan on 02/29/20 at 1:26 pm

Should every year be remembered for the defining moments or the vibe of the year?

It always pains me when I see a period piece with references to the culture that came out in a certain year. To a certain extent, the defining historical moments do make up the years we see. At the same time, you need the atmosphere of the time to explain completely what it was like to live in any year.

How do you all feel about this?

Subject: Re: Defining Historical Moments, The Vibe of the Year, or Both?

Written By: violet_shy on 02/29/20 at 1:48 pm

It's important to remember defining moments. I just think remembering the atmosphere of a year/decade is just as meaninful. So I'm going to say both.

Subject: Re: Defining Historical Moments, The Vibe of the Year, or Both?

Written By: oldmusicfan on 02/29/20 at 3:45 pm

It's important to remember defining moments. I just think remembering the atmosphere of a year/decade is just as meaninful. So I'm going to say both.

That’s what I went with, also. You don’t the full story on what it was like to live in a particular year without the atmospheric pop culture present in that year.

Check for new replies or respond here...