inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If you could re-live one year from your life, what would it be?

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 03/30/20 at 10:17 pm

I'm not sure. I'm obsessed with 1993 - for a lot of reasons - but especially due to me being into pro wrestling religiously by that point. It's very nostalgic.

Subject: Re: If you could re-live one year from your life, what would it be?

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/30/20 at 10:25 pm

1989 or 1990.

With 1989 you have Nintendo GameBoy in stores for the first time, Batman in theaters, and Doogie Howser MD on television.

As for 1990, The Simpsons premiered, Home Alone was in theaters, and Super Mario Brothers 3 was released in North America for the Nintendo Entertainment System.

Both great years for XYers.

https://theconsultingwriter-files-wordpress-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/theconsultingwriter.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/filthyanimal2.png

Written By: 2001 on 03/30/20 at 11:29 pm

2012 for sure. It was my first and second year of university. Never a dull moment for me there. :)

Written By: wixness on 03/31/20 at 1:18 am

I can't remember if it was 2016, 2017 or 2018 but I was starting to be highly engaged with an online fandom community in one of those years, well, in the spring and summer of it anyway.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/20 at 3:20 am

2012 for sure. It was my first and second year of university. Never a dull moment for me there. :)
In one sense it is 2012 for me too, and I would make a greater attempt to get more tickets for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.

Written By: Wink-182 on 04/01/20 at 1:32 pm

2009, spending time on websites like Addicting Games or Shockwave all day when I didn't have school. Watching Boomerang and Cartoon Network and some Disney on the side when I got home from school and going to grandma's house for the entire weekend every weekend and playing on the pinball machine they had in the game room and eating pancakes for breakfast every morning while watching Danny Phantom. That summer was even better, going to the mall and trying orange Fanta for the first time at age 6 and getting lost in the local Kmart and running around at the park with some kids I didn't even know. I'd say I had a amazing childhood  :).

Written By: violet_shy on 04/08/20 at 9:01 am

Good memories from that year from beginning to end. The music was good in 93. And in the Summer, I spent time with the neighborhood kids. We would buy candies and chips/ drinks at the store. We would listen to music on my then friend's cassette player. I would go to Summer parties at a friends house. Then in the Fall of 93, I started 8th grade. Best school year of my life! Definitely would want to relive it.

Check for new replies or respond here...