inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Is Your Favorite Restaurant To Get Fried Chicken At?

Written By: Videl Satan on 06/17/20 at 4:26 pm

And why?

Mine is a much smaller chain called Mrs. Winners Chicken And Biscuits.  I use to eat there all the time with my family all time when I lived in Macon, Georgia as a kid, but once I moved to Florida, we stopped eating as they are practically non-existent in Florida and we have only been on very VERY RARE OCASIONS, so it's always a treat and a luxary when we go there.

I also love Church's Chicken, but we don't have any where I live anymore so anytime I get fried chicken, I mostly go to KFC or Popeyes.

Subject: Re: What Is Your Favorite Restaurant To Get Fried Chicken At?

Written By: whistledog on 06/17/20 at 4:45 pm

Other.  I get my chicken from Mary Brown's.  It's a cross Canada chain that offers Taters as well as Fries, and there are two locations within 5 minutes of my home.  Sometimes I will get KFC if I am in the area of one while I am out though

Written By: 2001 on 06/17/20 at 4:50 pm

KFC... Korean Fried Chicken!

If you guys are ever in Toronto head up to Drunken Chicken near Yonge/Steeles. It's a real treat whenever I get to go there.

There is a TFC (Taiwanese Fried Chicken) near my house too. It tastes a bit fishy though, as in, it tastes like fish (not in terms of texture though thank god).

From the standard bunch, I'm partial to Popeye's.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/17/20 at 10:47 pm

KFC. And why? The others don’t exist around here. Some I’ve never heard of.

But I like KFC. All of it but especially the original recipe. I even find their cole slaw edible which is really saying something because I normally can’t stand cole slaw.

Written By: Howard on 06/18/20 at 7:45 am

Lately I've been enjoying Popeye's Chicken a lot and their sauces are pretty tasty as well.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/18/20 at 8:07 am

Chick-Fil-A, Zaxby's, or Hop's Chicken!

Nothing will EVER beat those three!  :D

and I know 100%, all 3 of these absolutely blow away the options given in the poll

https://d1fd34dzzl09j.cloudfront.net/Images/CFACOM/Stories%20Images/2019/12/most%20ordered/nuggetsmealheader.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/levelup-order-ahead-menus-production/06033fe3112a47361eab3c67086a8f90d8999a27.jpg?1545060974

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/556f5e81e4b0e9b175a3756a/1519234185384-D0CFIRBICEVJT0VDLA6S/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kHKCNmVnZqJNWBmw-xlZqDZ7gQa3H78H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLfrh8O1z4YTzHvnKhyp6Da-NYroOW3ZGjoBKy3azqku80C789l0h8vX1l9k24HMAg-S2AFiekdueV9qUc6wgLh-zKfS_szalKNVhwSAxYBVRZOKap-Tg/121217+Hop%27s+New+Menu-17-chicken+dinner.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/21/20 at 9:51 am

I Don't Eat Fried Chicken

Written By: shadowcookie on 06/21/20 at 12:46 pm

Of those chains, we only have KFC here.

There are plenty of independent places that do much better fried chicken imo.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/21/20 at 12:57 pm

The last time I was in KFC, the inexperience staff there would not help with allergy warning in their products, saying the info to read was out-of-date, so I walked out, and have never been back. btw I did call for the manager but he was not available!

Written By: shadowcookie on 06/21/20 at 2:10 pm

The last time I was in KFC, the inexperience staff there would not help with allergy warning in their products, saying the info to read was out-of-date, so I walked out, and have never been back. btw I did call for the manager but he was not available!

I don’t mind KFC but it varies from branch to branch. KFC restaurants in the UK are all franchised so they’re all a bit different.

Written By: Howard on 06/21/20 at 2:18 pm

Have you eaten at Popeye's? ???

Written By: shadowcookie on 06/21/20 at 5:50 pm

Have you eaten at Popeye's? ???

No, they don’t operate in the UK.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/21/20 at 7:31 pm

I like to get my fried chicken at Shaw's. Over at the deli. They are fried perfectly, not dry and they taste amazingly good. I always eat it with pasta salad!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...