inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your favorite memorable school year?

Written By: violet_shy on 08/09/20 at 8:42 pm

What school year do you fondly remember and why?

For me it was 8th grade (1993 to 1994). During previous years I was really shy and anti social. But during 8th grade I became much more talkative, and that year I made so many friends who actually liked me. It was a good age to be!

I remember having the longest hair in my class. Our school work was fairly easy since we knew most of everything already.

Subject: Re: Your favorite memorable school year?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/09/20 at 10:06 pm

High School Junior year (Fall '75-Spring '76) was my hands down favorite - along with the two book-ending summers.  The summer beforehand I took driver's ed - pretty fun, a "growing" experience.  School was fun - I had a good collection of classes (some tough) and I got some clarification on what I wanted to pursue vocationally.  I started going to "upper classmen" social events.  I also started attending H. S. football games, as one of our best friends and carpooler was on the team; his Dad took us.  I also enjoyed spectating H. S. wrestling, as my brother was on the team.  For myself, I first started running track that year.  During the summer afterward I participated in a program for prospective engineering students to try their wares, a fantastic experience.  All in all it made for my favorite school year.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/20 at 2:41 pm

It was a toss up between my sophomore or junior years. I was dating my high school sweetheart in my sophomore year. My parents threw me a big Sweet 16 birthday party. I remember having a lot of fun in school-especially when I was skipping classes   ;) :D ;D  The class trip was so much fun-we went to Great Adventure in NJ.

In my junior year, I was on the soccer team. It was the first year of the team and we played at the JV level and was co-ed (I was first girl to play soccer for my high school). Then I became a cheerleader for the JV basketball team. We had the UGLIEST uniforms. (Of course the next year when I didn't even go to that school anymore, they got new uniforms.) I was in chorus, the drama club, & the French club.

The summer between my junior & senior years was one of the BEST summers of my life. I worked summer stock. I recently reconnected with a bunch of people who worked at the theatre that summer and we ALL think the same time-it was such a wonderful place, and it was such a magical time. So many of us wishes we could go back.  (Unfortunately, they tore down the theatre.  :\'( :\'( )

Honorable mention: 2nd grade.

Cat 

Written By: wagonman76 on 08/10/20 at 9:48 pm

Probably my senior year 93-94. I went to a very small school with very limited opportunities. Of 7 periods, 3 of them were study halls where I would just draw or talk or whatever. You couldn’t leave for work like you can now in some schools, besides there was nowhere to go anyway. I would have had 4 study halls but they made me a class called independent shop so I could still do it, because I already reached their 4 year limit of shop class. I just didn’t have to do all the training and bookwork that I’d already done 4 times. I was the best graphing calculator programmer in town, and the math teacher would pull me out of my boring government class to write programs for his other classes. I took the highest math class offered which was a little bit of statistics, pre-calc, and trig. Only 6 of us in the class, just like my first year of algebra in 8th grade where pretty much the same 6 of us were the only ones qualified for it. I was in great shape, as I had my 2nd bowel surgery 2 years earlier and ate well. I was also into playing music. Sometimes it felt rough because my dating life was practically nonexistent, but other than that it was a good time. Also because it was my last year and I couldn’t wait to get out of that town.

Check for new replies or respond here...