inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Movie genres that you DON'T like? And why not?

Written By: violet_shy on 10/10/20 at 5:46 pm

I can not watch anything horror. I need my mental hygiene and peace Thank you!  ::)

Also, I don't like modern Comedies. They're just not funny.  ::)

Subject: Re: Movie genres that you DON'T like? And why not?

Written By: loki 13 on 10/10/20 at 6:27 pm

I can not watch anything horror. I need my mental hygiene and peace Thank you!  ::)

I am with you there, I don't like horror. I don't mind suspense but horror is not my thing.

Written By: nally on 10/11/20 at 12:21 am

I am with you there, I don't like horror. I don't mind suspense but horror is not my thing.

I agree with you both on horror.

And I don't like disaster flicks, they're too violent. Too much destructions and stuff is an eyesore for me; I just cannot bear to watch it.

Written By: wagonman76 on 10/11/20 at 1:25 am

I don’t like action / sci fi / superhero movies. They bore me to misery, or in a theater they put me to sleep.  Unfortunately that seems to be all anyone watches in the last 15 years.

Give me an old school feel good comedy, love story, or psychological thriller like Blair Witch. Documentary is good too.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/11/20 at 8:42 am

I don’t like action / sci fi / superhero movies. They bore me to misery, or in a theater they put me to sleep.  Unfortunately that seems to be all anyone watches in the last 15 years.

Agreed. The whole Marvel Superheroes movie mentality has brought an end to movies as an art form. With the demise of movie theaters from the new 2020s culture it remains to be seen what turn movies take.

Written By: Howard on 10/11/20 at 2:47 pm

I'm not crazy about horror films, I do like stupid funny comedies is my thing.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/12/20 at 3:29 am

I have a strong dislike for the modern day comedies, especially from a few years back "Along Came Polly", "Bad Neighbours", and "Sex Tape". Generally I avoid the such like now.

Classic horror I do enjoy.

It is not really genre for me, it is the film itself.

I don’t like  superhero movies.
I am the same, the films appear to be all the same to me.

I find the Star Wars films at the same, I do not know which scene came from which. The same applies to LotR and Harry Potter.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/12/20 at 3:57 am

I have a strong dislike for the modern day comedies, especially from a few years back "Along Came Polly", "Bad Neighbours", and "Sex Tape". Generally I avoid the such like now.

I find the Star Wars films at the same, I do not know which scene came from which. The same applies to LotR and Harry Potter.
At least there is no swearing in Star Wars.

Written By: violet_shy on 10/17/20 at 3:28 pm

At least there is no swearing in Star Wars.

The humor in Star Wars is actually funny.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/20/20 at 3:31 pm

Chewbacca tells the best jokes?

Written By: violet_shy on 10/20/20 at 7:06 pm

Chewbacca tells the best jokes?

If you can call them jokes!

Yesterday, Lee and I watched a really good thriller/suspense movie called "The Gift"(2015). I have to say, I've always liked suspense movies they aren't too violent and anyone can watch them along with dramas. Good movie.

Written By: wagonman76 on 10/20/20 at 8:31 pm

If you can call them jokes!

Yesterday, Lee and I watched a really good thriller/suspense movie called "The Gift"(2015). I have to say, I've always liked suspense movies they aren't too violent and anyone can watch them along with dramas. Good movie.

I like those kind too. Don’t like the empty gory ones, just the ones that leave you thinking. My 2nd wife and I were like connoisseurs of them and my daughter started liking them around 13. I’ve got a shelf full of them.

It’s getting about time for my favorite Halloween movie. A little made for TV movie I watched with my grandma when I was little. Dark Night Of The Scarecrow.

This thread being about what I don’t like, the slasher type movie. I don’t get grossed out, I just get bored.

Written By: 2001 on 10/20/20 at 8:44 pm

Romance. There are way too many movies that get ruined by romance. I came to see exploding buildings and fast cars not some B-side romance story.

Horror is actually my favourite. The best part is seeing a loving couple lose their other half.  :D

Written By: violet_shy on 10/21/20 at 10:00 am

Romance. There are way too many movies that get ruined by romance. I came to see exploding buildings and fast cars not some B-side romance story.

Horror is actually my favourite. The best part is seeing a loving couple lose their other half.  :D

I like a good Romance film. Dramas too.

Written By: nally on 10/21/20 at 1:25 pm

I have only seen the first three of them that were made. I don't remember much humor in them, but they did have interesting story lines.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/21/20 at 1:58 pm

Don't like slasher films. To me there really isn't a plot-just someone going around killing people. What makes that even the remotely entertaining?

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 10/21/20 at 2:44 pm

Don't like slasher films. To me there really isn't a plot-just someone going around killing people. What makes that even the remotely entertaining?

Cat

I agree with you 200 percent! And someone with a sensitive mentality can not watch them.

Written By: nally on 10/21/20 at 10:37 pm

Cat

I agree with you 200 percent! And someone with a sensitive mentality can not watch them.

Agreed on both counts.

Written By: Howard on 10/22/20 at 8:44 am

Cat

I can tolerate slasher films but after that I'll watch something else instead.

Written By: Howard on 10/22/20 at 8:45 am

I like a good Romance film. Dramas too.

I like comedies.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/06/20 at 9:06 am

I like comedies.
Steve Carell?

Written By: Howard on 11/06/20 at 2:19 pm

Steve Carell?

Oh Yes he's funny just as Jim Carrey too.

Check for new replies or respond here...