inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thomas Kinkade Art

Written By: violet_shy on 06/29/21 at 2:09 pm

Anyone collect Thomas Kinkade art? I have a special place in my heart for his paintings and prints, and collecting them got me through some very rough times. I adore his classic prints most of all. I don't have any of the studio made paintings. It seems to me they have lost their way without Thom. Now they only make Disney themed prints, which isn't really that bad. But the Disney prints look more like magazine pictures than actual paintings. I don't like that at all. They also have Star Wars themes now. I like Star Wars, but combining them with Kinkade style art is just awful. They have truly lost their way. With that said, I have only collected Thom's classic prints/paintings. Something about them brightens up my day! They just look so pretty. :)

Subject: Re: Thomas Kinkade Art

Written By: nally on 06/29/21 at 11:56 pm

Oh yes. :) My parents are big fans of his work.

In fact, every year for the last 20+ years I have been getting my mom a wall calendar featuring 13 of his paintings (1 for each month of the featured year, plus an extra one for the final four months of the preceding year).

Written By: violet_shy on 06/30/21 at 12:03 am

Do they collect any of the current artwork. Mainly Disney and Star Wars theme. ::) And they don't even look like paintings anymore. I miss the real paintings from Thom himself.

Written By: nally on 06/30/21 at 12:07 am

Do they collect any of the current artwork. Mainly Disney and Star Wars theme. ::)

No. Just the classic ones. The plain artworks, which don't have any of those themes put in.

And they don't even look like paintings anymore. ​I miss the real paintings from Thom himself.

I totally agree.

Written By: nally on 06/30/21 at 12:09 am

One work of his that we really love is the Garden Of Prayer, which we have framed in our dining room.

https://www.baterbys.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/83805-1-1024x850.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/21 at 2:53 am

The name Kinkade is familiar to me,
So I looked online to see what to see.
One painting of his, I am not mistaken,
Is similar to a photo I had taken.

In London, Westminster Bridge, the House of Parliament, the Tower of Big Ben and the River Thames.

https://thomaskinkade.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/london1-700x526.jpg

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/208602831_1786439201538695_8470350103234387964_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=NYRnWg4eomkAX9yjWoJ&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=a626e3441169f71304dfdce66d689ef7&oe=60E185AC

BTW. my image made disappear soon, please contact me to refresh it.

Check for new replies or respond here...