inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Astrology Popularity from 2010s to now

Written By: CarCar on 09/09/21 at 8:30 pm

88mIXSdF7nw

Why did astrology get so popular in the 2010s to now amongst Millennials and now Gen Z

Subject: Re: Astrology Popularity from 2010s to now

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/09/21 at 8:39 pm

I come from the 60s and 70s. Need I say more about astrology? Boomers are the kings and queens of astrology, full stop. "What's your sign" was so prevalent (as a pick up line and more) back then that it became a cliché. "This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius" and all that.  Astrology  will never again be as big or as mainstream as it was then. If anything, like many things 1960s, it has simply seeped into the public consciousness as something that is "just there" for one to take or leave.

Incidentally, nobody has ever quite agreed as to when the age of Pisces ends (or has ended) and when the Age of Aquarius begins (or has begun).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/10/21 at 6:57 pm

I come from the 60s and 70s. Need I say more about astrology? Boomers are the kings and queens of astrology, full stop. "What's your sign" was so prevalent (as a pick up line and more) back then that it became a cliché. "This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius" and all that.  Astrology  will never again be as big or as mainstream as it was then. If anything, like many things 1960s, it has simply seeped into the public consciousness as something that is "just there" for one to take or leave.

Incidentally, nobody has ever quite agreed as to when the age of Pisces ends (or has ended) and when the Age of Aquarius begins (or has begun).

According to the Mayans, it ended/began Dec. 21st, 2021.

I felt that we had been at a crossroads since that time. But we are now moving a bit toward something new.

I have told this story many times and I'm gonna tell it again. Way back in the dark ages when I was in the service, I was in telecommunications. I just happen to be working the night they switched over from the old phone system to a new automated system. The back room that housed the entire system for the base was SOOOO LOUD!!! I was told that the old system was fighting with the new system. As the new system started to take over, it got quieter and quieter until the new system was in place and the old system was dead. They then took down the old cord board (that I used when I was an operator). I still have the dialer as a souvenir of the old board.

Right now, we are in a transitional period. Just like when the two phone systems fought it out all those years ago, we have the old system & the new system fighting it out and it is VERY LOUD! Who knows how long we will be in this. My prediction is that we are going to start coming out of the transitional period in about 10 years or so. By then, the new system should be in place and things will be quieter. In the meantime, fasten your seatbelts. It is gonna be a VERY bumpy ride.

Oh, and I didn't consult astrology for that. I only consulted my E.S.P. which does get things right a lot of time.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/10/21 at 8:31 pm

According to the Mayans, it ended/began Dec. 21st, 2021.

I felt that we had been at a crossroads since that time. But we are now moving a bit toward something new.

I have told this story many times and I'm gonna tell it again. Way back in the dark ages when I was in the service, I was in telecommunications. I just happen to be working the night they switched over from the old phone system to a new automated system. The back room that housed the entire system for the base was SOOOO LOUD!!! I was told that the old system was fighting with the new system. As the new system started to take over, it got quieter and quieter until the new system was in place and the old system was dead. They then took down the old cord board (that I used when I was an operator). I still have the dialer as a souvenir of the old board.

Right now, we are in a transitional period. Just like when the two phone systems fought it out all those years ago, we have the old system & the new system fighting it out and it is VERY LOUD! Who knows how long we will be in this. My prediction is that we are going to start coming out of the transitional period in about 10 years or so. By then, the new system should be in place and things will be quieter. In the meantime, fasten your seatbelts. It is gonna be a VERY bumpy ride.

Oh, and I didn't consult astrology for that. I only consulted my E.S.P. which does get things right a lot of time.

Cat

I think we've been in the transition period between Pisces and Aquarius for quite some time. Since the early part of the 20th Century, maybe the 1930s or so, but probably a lot before. These astrological transitions take a LONG time. After all, it's really only a blink of the cosmic eye.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/11/21 at 1:28 pm

I think we've been in the transition period between Pisces and Aquarius for quite some time. Since the early part of the 20th Century, maybe the 1930s or so, but probably a lot before. These astrological transitions take a LONG time. After all, it's really only a blink of the cosmic eye.

I've never thought about the transitional period starting in the '30s or earlier. I guess I always thought of it starting in the '60s (thanks to Hair). You could be right.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/11/21 at 1:50 pm

I've never thought about the transitional period starting in the '30s or earlier. I guess I always thought of it starting in the '60s (thanks to Hair). You could be right.

Cat

Oh yes, the transition started way before the 60s. I have some old astrology books from the late 1800s/early 1900s and they were talking about it even then. The 60s just made it insanely popular.  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/11/21 at 2:17 pm

Oh yes, the transition started way before the 60s. I have some old astrology books from the late 1800s/early 1900s and they were talking about it even then. The 60s just made it insanely popular.  :D

Astrology was never my fortè. I am more of a Tarot type person.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...