inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is the most recent year you have comfort for?

Written By: Fink on 11/07/22 at 1:10 am

For me, it would probably be 2015, maybe early-mid 2016. I was in my early teens so I wasn't being treated like a young child anymore, but was still in middle school and didn't have to deal with the trial and errors of starting high school yet. Late 2016 - Early 2020 were my HS years, and they really sucked as it felt like a very depressing pubescent extension of my childhood, which was mostly spent in my bedroom. Even with the pandemic, I really wouldn't want to go back to the late 2010's at all.

Subject: Re: What is the most recent year you have comfort for?

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 11/07/22 at 1:22 am

It was the last year my culture seemed to have mass appeal before the fall of Emohood in general of 2013. Even though in the years 2012-16 I did not consider myself Emo, I definitely noticed the shift in 2013. I also had some really fun times in 2012 in general, particularly when I was able to log in to my Spore Galactic Adventures account.

It was one of the last years, if not the last year, I felt I could fully trust my parents.

Written By: Fink on 11/07/22 at 1:40 am

It was one of the last years, if not the last year, I felt I could fully trust my parents.

For me around 2017 when my older sister moved out, it felt like my father became much more pettier with me for some reason and it was like walking on eggshells, which is another reason I started feeling nostalgic for 2015-2016 and resented the late '10s. I have my own apartment now so I don't need to worry about that anymore.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 11/07/22 at 1:41 am

For me around 2017 when my older sister moved out, it felt like my father became much more pettier with me for some reason and it was like walking on eggshells, which is another reason I started feeling nostalgic for 2015-2016 and resented the late '10s. I have my own apartment now so I don't need to worry about that anymore.

Understandable

Written By: Ripley on 11/07/22 at 2:43 pm

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/07/22 at 4:28 pm

Sounds to me like you're doing great with an apartment and a new car. And 20 is a great age for it. High school is over (I couldn't run away from it fast enough, myself) and you are on the road to many adventures and many loves. I wouldn't worry so much about "old years of comfort" anymore. Nostalgia, in the way it's thrown around here by a certain demographic, can sometimes be a destructive thing. You can tell that by the misery that pours forth here from that certain "nostalgic" demographic on a regular basis. You have a chance to avoid all that.

Check for new replies or respond here...