inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Am I The Only One Who Likes/Dislikes...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/08/22 at 5:23 pm

There are some movies/shows/music that EVERYONE seems to like but you don't. Or everyone doesn't like something but yet you do.

For me:

Am I the only one who doesn't like:

-Home Alone (and all its sequels)
-Pulp Fiction
-The Godfather (and all its sequels)
-Rocky (and all its sequels)

I'm sure there are more.

Who's next?

Cat

Subject: Re: Am I The Only One Who Likes/Dislikes...

Written By: Ripley on 12/08/22 at 7:13 pm

Avengers/Marvel movies… While I don’t hate them, I haven’t seen many. Im just not into them. I thought the first Iron Man was good but that’s it. The only superhero movies I love and truly enjoy are Tim Burton/Michael Keaton’s Batman films.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/09/22 at 2:36 pm

Avengers/Marvel movies… While I don’t hate them, I haven’t seen many. Im just not into them. I thought the first Iron Man was good but that’s it. The only superhero movies I love and truly enjoy are Tim Burton/Michael Keaton’s Batman films.

I have never seen any of them-but I have seen the first few Batman movies-I especially love Batman Returns with Danny DeVito and Michelle Pfeiffer. To me it was a surprise movie because I didn't think I would like it but it surprised me and I really did like it. That was like the only Batman movie that I liked. (But, I haven't seen many after that-but I should. My senator is in a bunch of them.) 

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 12/09/22 at 5:45 pm

I have never seen any of them-but I have seen the first few Batman movies-I especially love Batman Returns with Danny DeVito and Michelle Pfeiffer. To me it was a surprise movie because I didn't think I would like it but it surprised me and I really did like it. That was like the only Batman movie that I liked. (But, I haven't seen many after that-but I should. My senator is in a bunch of them.) 

Cat

This one is my favorite! I absolutely love Michelle as Catwoman. 🖤

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/09/22 at 6:06 pm

This one is my favorite! I absolutely love Michelle as Catwoman. 🖤

Well, I'm sure you know how I feel about Catwoman.  ;)  Actually, I was Catwoman LONG before Michelle was. But not before Julie Newmarr.

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 12/09/22 at 6:27 pm

Am I the only one who absolutely hates:

All I Want for Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time - Paul McCartney
Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - John Lennon

On another note: Am I the only one who likes..

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band with the Bee Gees.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/09/22 at 6:47 pm

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time - Paul McCartney

LOVE this movie.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 12/12/22 at 7:10 am

Am I the only one who dislikes the song Kiss by Prince?  I like Prince's music, just not this song.  In the world of music genres that I love, this is my least favourite song of all time.  It's a well written song and the Art of Noise/Tom Jones is one of my favourites, but the Prince version I just cannot do

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/12/22 at 2:15 pm

Am I the only one who dislikes the song Kiss by Prince?  I like Prince's music, just not this song.  In the world of music genres that I love, this is my least favourite song of all time.  It's a well written song and the Art of Noise/Tom Jones is one of my favourites, but the Prince version I just cannot do

Nope. I don't care of it, either.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/12/22 at 2:19 pm

Did you see the video version?

Written By: Howard on 12/12/22 at 2:25 pm

I do like most Christmas music songs that are played on the radio but not all of them and a few of them are:
"Dominick The Donkey"
"Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer"

The others I like are:
"Last Christmas"
"This Christmas"
"Feliz Navidad"

Written By: whistledog on 12/19/22 at 7:34 pm

Did you see the video version?

I did, but the song is still terrible.  He screams part of the song and to me, it's just nails on a chalkboard

Written By: nally on 04/02/23 at 12:53 pm

Wonderful Christmas Time - Paul McCartney

I actually like “Wonderful Christmastime”, personally speaking.

Not so much the others. Also, I was unaware that the Bee Gees also performed a rendition of Sgt Pepper.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/04/23 at 2:34 pm

I actually like “Wonderful Christmastime”, personally speaking.

Not so much the others. Also, I was unaware that the Bee Gees also performed a rendition of Sgt Pepper.

Sgt Pepper was a movie with the Bee Gees. It had an all-star musical cast-of course the Bee Gees, Peter Frampton, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Earth, Wind & Fire, Billy Preston, Steve Martin and George Burns as Mr. Kite. The music was ALL Beatles. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ44a1LbwRw

Yeah, it is kind of a stupid movie but it is a feel-good movie full of the Beatles.

Cat

Written By: nally on 04/04/23 at 7:54 pm

Sgt Pepper was a movie with the Bee Gees. It had an all-star musical cast-of course the Bee Gees, Peter Frampton, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Earth, Wind & Fire, Billy Preston, Steve Martin and George Burns as Mr. Kite. The music was ALL Beatles. 

Yeah, it is kind of a stupid movie but it is a feel-good movie full of the Beatles.

Cat

Thank you for the info; I just learnt something new today!

Check for new replies or respond here...