inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favourite Music Videos of All Time!

Written By: whistledog on 05/09/23 at 6:28 pm

I will begin with the smash hit from 2010 called Hello by French DJ Martin Solveig and Canadian pop band Dragonette

The video depicts a fictional tennis match between Solveig and fellow French DJ Bob Sinclar and also features cameo appearances from French DJ Gregory Darsa and tennis stars Novak Djokovic, Gael Monfils and Mathilde Johansson.  This video is quite spectacular as they were able to film at Roland Garros Stadium in Paris right before the 2010 French Open, which is a big production for a simple dance song.  Love this!

LnET4RKXx5k

Subject: Re: Favourite Music Videos of All Time!

Written By: whistledog on 05/09/23 at 6:40 pm

Here is the 1984 hit Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood.  The video, directed by ex-10cc members Kevin Godley and Lol Creme features a wrestling match between Ronald Reagan and Konstantin Chernenko.  This song was Frankie's biggest hit in the UK and Canada and I still chuckle every time I see this clip!

pO1HC8pHZw0

Check for new replies or respond here...