» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The Feel Great, Good News Thread!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/21/04 at 10:15 am

In contrast to the "Whine" thread that I began some time ago....and to bring some more positive feelings to the boards....share anything in your life that you deem enjoyable!

For me...I was able to spend most of yesterday with my 17 year old son, Randall. We went out for lunch and played pool (He won 2-1)...then we hung out talking at a park.

Today I'm calling my 15 year old son Brian, who is in Michigan with friends....I LOVE my boys :)

Subject: Re: The Feel Great, Good News Thread!

Written By: karen on 07/21/04 at 10:41 am

It makes me feel good when my little boy (he's 2) gives me a good night kiss and says "night, night, sweet dreams" to me.  Also my daughter (aged 5) always calls out "Love you mummy" as I go downstairs after tucking her in for the night.  Bless 'em both.

I'm feeling pleased today because my Head of Department thanked me for coming up with a good idea!  :o

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/21/04 at 10:44 am

I feel good today because I got to talk to resinchaser this morning & he always makes my day seem brighter no matter what my mood is. :)  Thanks sweetie :-*

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/21/04 at 11:59 am

It makes me feel good when my little boy (he's 2) gives me a good night kiss and says "night, night, sweet dreams" to me.  Also my daughter (aged 5) always calls out "Love you mummy" as I go downstairs after tucking her in for the night.  Bless 'em both.

I'm feeling pleased today because my Head of Department thanked me for coming up with a good idea!  :o
I feel the same way about my boys, Karen....only difference is mine are distant memories...but I still feel great remembering them at that age :)

Written By: Jessica on 07/21/04 at 12:59 pm

I finally got my Medi-Cal approval. Now maybe I could see a doctor.

Written By: lorac614 on 07/21/04 at 1:15 pm

Let's see...

We got a puppy a couple of weeks ago, finally picked out a name (some of you might remember my post asking for help namimg him), he's called Baxter.

My son is growing "like a weed", he went for his 6 month check up and he's 17 pounds and 26 1/2 inches long.  He's sitting up by himself, rolling over and soon he'll be crawling.

My daughter who is three has gone from scribbling with crayons and markers to making actual pictures, she drew one of the family, it was precious (even though we all looked like mutants with giant heads and bulging eyes!!  LOL!!) 

I'm picking out Halloween costumes for the kids, my son is going to be either a cow or a pig, my daughter...I want her to be a princess, she wants to be Spiderman!  LOL!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/21/04 at 1:20 pm

I climb into bed at night (I usually sleep on my stomach). My husband reaches over and puts his hand on my back. Then my cat, climbs up and snuggles next to me. I just feel surrounded by love.  ;D (Of course if I have to move, well...that is a bit difficult. lol)

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/21/04 at 1:29 pm

I climb into bed at night (I usually sleep on my stomach). My husband reaches over and puts his hand on my back. Then my cat, climbs up and snuggles next to me. I just feel surrounded by love.  ;D (Of course if I have to move, well...that is a bit difficult. lol)

Cat
:)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/21/04 at 1:30 pm

I finally got my Medi-Cal approval. Now maybe I could see a doctor.
That's great, Jess! I have my appoinment tomorrow...to find out, hopefully once and for all, why I frequently feel dizzy :D

Written By: resinchaser on 07/21/04 at 3:31 pm

I feel good today because I got to talk to resinchaser this morning & he always makes my day seem brighter no matter what my mood is. :)  Thanks sweetie :-*

Talking to you every morning has been the best way I can think of to start off my day :-*

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/21/04 at 5:17 pm

My mom is FINALLY seeming to get better, which is a major relief.  She called me this morning to see what I was up to, which is what we used to do EVERY DAY! :)

Glad to hear it, cheer.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/21/04 at 5:20 pm

My mom is FINALLY seeming to get better, which is a major relief.  She called me this morning to see what I was up to, which is what we used to do EVERY DAY! :)
VERY happy to hear that...my prayers are with her, 80s_cheerleader :)

Written By: gemini61 on 07/21/04 at 7:43 pm

My daughter goes to take her temporary license test tomorrow!  Which means, soon I won't have to drive her here and there and everywhere!!!  :)

Written By: AL-B on 07/21/04 at 8:20 pm

I just found out today that I may have a chance at getting hired on at a company that is about as far up as I can go in my field and which could easily double or triple my annual income!!! :) :) :)

Written By: Howard on 07/21/04 at 9:18 pm

I might be starting my new Volunteer site at The American Cancer Society soon. :D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/21/04 at 9:59 pm

I might be starting my new Volunteer site at The American Cancer Society soon. :D

Howard
Cool...that is very admirable of you, Howard ;)

Written By: lebeiw15 on 07/21/04 at 10:32 pm

I just trimmed an entire cemtery by myself! :o  Even though you're sore, tired, grassy and hot, you feel GREAT to see hours and hours of your hard work when you look at each gravestone, nicely trimmed.  It makes the cemetery look beautiful. :)

I get to do another one tomorrow ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/22/04 at 7:23 am

Hmmm...
I'm glad this thread is here to remind me I need to think more positively myself!

Written By: onaree on 07/22/04 at 7:41 am

I have GREAT news!  I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.  :D

Seriously,  I'm going to a taping of Third Day's DVD tonight! 

I really like this thread.  I like reading about positive things happening in people's lives.  I'm glad it was started. 

Written By: lebeiw15 on 07/22/04 at 1:05 pm

I really like this thread.  I like reading about positive things happening in people's lives.   I'm glad it was started. 

Same here! :)

I am all finished with trimming and mowing for a couple of weeks.  :)  That makes me happy.

I also just earned a very unexpected 32 dollars! :o

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/04 at 4:35 pm

I just found out today that I may have a chance at getting hired on at a company that is about as far up as I can go in my field and which could easily double or triple my annual income!!! :) :) :)
Good Luck to you, AL-B! Let us know :)

Written By: Dagwood on 07/22/04 at 8:13 pm

Good luck, Al-B.

I have tomorrow off.  In Utah the 24th of July is a state holiday and since that is Saturday we also get Friday off...paid!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/04 at 8:16 pm

Good luck, Al-B.

I have tomorrow off.  In Utah the 24th of July is a state holiday and since that is Saturday we also get Friday off...paid!
That's great Dagny..enjoy it ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/04 at 8:17 pm

Hmmm...
I'm glad this thread is here to remind me I need to think more positively myself!
You sound just like me, MaxwellSmart....that's why I started this thread. Please enjoy it and be Happy :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/04 at 8:19 pm

I have GREAT news!  I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.   :D

Seriously,  I'm going to a taping of Third Day's DVD tonight! 

I really like this thread.  I like reading about positive things happening in people's lives.   I'm glad it was started. 
Thanks for making me  ;D....I'm also glad you like the thread :)

Written By: gemini61 on 07/22/04 at 8:30 pm

I love all the good vibes coming from this thread!! It's easy to get all wrapped up in some of the negative stuff, so I'm glad you started this thread RnR  :)  Oh yea, and my good news today is, I got a car repair guy to fix my turn signal light for $2.00!! Can you believe that?! I have no idea why he picked the amount of $2.00, but that's ok with me!! :D (I guess it was his good deed for the day!)

Written By: Dagwood on 07/22/04 at 8:31 pm

That's great Dagny..enjoy it ;)

Oh I will, Mark.  I am going to my moms.  We are going to spend the night and barbecue.  It should be fun.

Written By: Howard on 07/22/04 at 8:32 pm

Cool...that is very admirable of you, Howard ;)

Thanks Rock.I have an interview with ACS on Monday at 10am and I might be doing some clerical or some phone ettiquette. :)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 07/22/04 at 8:36 pm

Hmmm...

Yeah,I'm glad this thread was made.I get tired of seeing such negativity lately. :(

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/04 at 8:49 pm

Yeah,I'm glad this thread was made.I get tired of seeing such negativity lately. :(

Howard
I'm am guilty of both things you mentioned...sad to be guilty of being negative about a LOT of things....but happy to have started this to help be a better guy :)

Written By: Alicia on 07/22/04 at 8:54 pm

Well I'm feeling kinda lonely today, but over all what makes me happy is that I've been doing some really great art (the only thing I'm conceited about :)) thats been making me sorta happy, but I rad my horoscope and said I was suppose to have a great tomorrow, we'll see :P

Written By: Howard on 07/22/04 at 9:00 pm

I'm am guilty of both things you mentioned...sad to be guilty of being negative about a LOT of things....but happy to have started this to help be a better guy :)

http://www.prowrestling.com/discuss/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif
I'm Glad ;)

Howard

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/22/04 at 9:05 pm

I feel good because I got a wonderful email from a friend today & I can't thank him enough for being so good to me. :-*

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/04 at 10:27 pm

http://www.prowrestling.com/discuss/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif
I'm Glad ;)

Howard
Thanks Howard :)

Written By: Bobby on 07/23/04 at 4:55 pm

You've had a lot to be negative about, RockandRollFan. Don't be too hard on yourself. However, it is great that you can look at things more optimistically.  :)

Written By: Paul on 07/23/04 at 5:02 pm

Couldn't have put it better than what Bobby said, Mark...there's no doubt you've been put through life's mincer more severely than others...

...and still come out the other end in a positive frame of mind...no mean achievement...!!

Were it me, I'm not rightly sure how I'd cope...

Written By: Howard on 07/23/04 at 8:42 pm

I'm just glad I'm feeling good and have no medical,physical,mental or emotional problems. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/23/04 at 10:17 pm

You've had a lot to be negative about, RockandRollFan. Don't be too hard on yourself. However, it is great that you can look at things more optimistically.  :)
VERY true, Bobby...but everyone here makes things melt away :)

Written By: Howard on 07/24/04 at 12:07 pm

I'm glad My father feels a little better,My Mother is ok and I'm feeling healthy as a horse. 8)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 07/24/04 at 12:08 pm

like pounds and inches.... ;D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/24/04 at 6:43 pm

like pounds and inches.... ;D

Howard
Thanks for making me smile, Howard  ;)

Written By: Jessica on 07/24/04 at 7:15 pm

I'm happier now because my cousin called me and I've been talking to him for about two hours. :D

Written By: Bobby on 07/25/04 at 7:45 am

:D

Written By: Bobby on 07/25/04 at 7:50 am

I had my engagement party yesterday (Saturday) and it was wonderful. We had about 40 people around the house and garden, great sounds and loads to eat and drink. My dad and brother phoned me all the way from Wolverhampton to wish me a great time - it set me up for the night!  :D

While my fiance and I were dancing, I had a drink in my hand and her son banged into me and I ended up tipping Bacardi and Coke down her back. Needless to say, she saw the funny side.  :D

Written By: Howard on 07/25/04 at 10:48 am

Thanks for making me smile, Howard  ;)

My pleasure,man!  ;)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 07/25/04 at 10:49 am

It's been 5 years since I've officially been off my medication! :)

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/25/04 at 4:04 pm

I had my engagement party yesterday (Saturday) and it was wonderful. We had about 40 people around the house and garden, great sounds and loads to eat and drink. My dad and brother phoned me all the way from Wolverhampton to wish me a great time - it set me up for the night!  :D

While my fiance and I were dancing, I had a drink in my hand and her son banged into me and I ended up tipping Bacardi and Coke down her back. Needless to say, she saw the funny side.  :D

Glad to hear it Bobby. Did you dance to that Bryan Adams song like I suggested?  ;)

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 07/25/04 at 5:46 pm

Glad to hear it Bobby. Did you dance to that Bryan Adams song like I suggested?  ;)

Confession time, Catwoman - I didn't. I think we danced to 'Oh la la la (let's go dancing)' by Kool and the Gang. As it happened, the garden wasn't that big for the guests so not many danced that night. :-\\  ;D

What is the song again? I know we have an album of his somewhere so I may have a private dance with her soon while her young lad goes to summer school.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/25/04 at 6:28 pm

Confession time, Catwoman - I didn't. I think we danced to 'Oh la la la (let's go dancing)' by Kool and the Gang. As it happened, the garden wasn't that big for the guests so not many danced that night. :-\\  ;D

What is the song again? I know we have an album of his somewhere so I may have a private dance with her soon while her young lad goes to summer school.  :)

"Have you ever loved a woman."  Trust me, she will absolutely love it.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/25/04 at 8:22 pm

I talked with 3 of my sons today :)

Written By: Bobby on 07/26/04 at 5:00 pm

Sounds like you've got a keeper there, Bobby.  Although, don't be surprised if 10 years down the road, she's still "reminding" you of how you "poured your drink on her at your engagement party".  I knocked over a candle at our wedding (because none of the groomsmen thought it was important enough to tell me the stinkin candles didn't fit in the candlesticks ::)), which proceeded to roll across the altar, and almost 10 years later, hubby STILL "reminds" me (and everyone around us) about it on occasion ;D

Yeah. She's lovely. I blame her son though.  ;D  ;D

She is just relieved the drink washed out of her outfit. I am as well - I will have to stock up on headache tablets otherwise.  ;D

Written By: Heavymetal on 07/26/04 at 5:24 pm

My son. He's ten and a very good student. He actually told me he can't wait for school to start. Very smart and very funny. The light of my life. It's so much fun watching him grow and become more involved in things.

Written By: Bobby on 07/26/04 at 5:33 pm

My son. He's ten and a very good student. He actually told me he can't wait for school to start. Very smart and very funny. The light of my life. It's so much fun watching him grow and become more involved in things.

That is great, Heavymetal.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/26/04 at 6:33 pm

When I was in high school, my French teacher used to record our weekly lessons on tape. After the lesson he always recorded some French music. I ALWAYS loved that part. There was one that I fell in love with and bugged him (for a couple of years actually) to make me a copy of it. He FINALLY did. Well, I have played that tape over and over again and wore it out. I made a copy of it before the first tape was unuseable. The other night I thought that I would try to find it on CD. With not having much to go on (he did write down the artists names-two of them, but not the album, song, etc.) To my surprise, I actually found them on Amazon. So, guess what is going to be added to my CD library?  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: AL-B on 07/26/04 at 7:33 pm

Good Luck to you, AL-B! Let us know :)
Update: It sounds like they're very interested in hiring me but I would have to relocate to Kansas City. Which is all right because I like K.C. and it's only 3 hours from here. Now I just have to talk to the manager down there and find out what it's all about and make sure I think it's right for me before I go for it. (I'm about 85% sure I will. :))

Written By: Howard on 07/26/04 at 9:35 pm

My interview with American Cancer Society is Wednesday 10am for a volunteer opening. :)
doing clerical and some phone ettiquette.

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/26/04 at 10:25 pm

My interview with American Cancer Society is Wednesday 10am for a volunteer opening. :)

Howard
Good Luck to you, Howard. Very Cool!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/26/04 at 10:26 pm

Update: It sounds like they're very interested in hiring me but I would have to relocate to Kansas City. Which is all right because I like K.C. and it's only 3 hours from here. Now I just have to talk to the manager down there and find out what it's all about and make sure I think it's right for me before I go for it. (I'm about 85% sure I will. :))
First off...Congratulations! Lastly...if you do take it and move thier I can tease you about the Huskers AND the Chiefs ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 07/27/04 at 7:16 am

Good luck, Howard. :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/27/04 at 8:20 am

Howard

Sounds cool, Howard.  I hope you like it!

LB

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/27/04 at 3:21 pm

Here is MY good news, for what it is worth.

I drive a 13-year-old Saturn and the paint was starting to look bad.  I thought I was going to have to shell out for a new paint job.

But I watch the SpikeTV Power Block, and on "Trucks!", Stacey David showed how to clean up a weathered paint job by taking sandpaper and a buffer to the car.

You should have seen the car after I sanded it but before I polished it.  A nerve-wracking moment!  Logic would tell you that taking sand paper to your car's paint job should be a bad thing.

So last week I did it at my Mum's house and the paint job looks almost like new !

My car feels great!!!  ;D 8) :P

Written By: Howard on 07/27/04 at 6:17 pm

Sounds cool, Howard.  I hope you like it!

LB

Thank You LB.I know I will.Who knows what I'll be doing yet but I'm sure to find out tomorrow.

One question,Does the American Cancer Society require you to get a physical even if you're a volunteer? ???

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/27/04 at 7:28 pm

Thank You LB.I know I will.Who knows what I'll be doing yet but I'm sure to find out tomorrow.

One question,Does the American Cancer Society require you to get a physical even if you're a volunteer? ???

Howard

I don't know.  Probably depends on who carries their liability insurance.  I guess you'll find out when you do the interview.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/27/04 at 10:12 pm

Bad part....I had an appointment to see a doctor last Thursday and as I was leaving work I got a flat tire....BTW, when you buy a used car make SURE that ALL the equipment needed to change a tire is there! It wasn't and I had to call my insurance company for roadside assistance....THAT is the good news....i have full coverage and that's included. Unfortunately I had to reschedule my doctor's appointment..and the soonest I can go is August 22nd. Lately I've been more dizzy then ever and am getting a little worried....I sincerely apologize to anyone that I may have pissed off over the last few days and will try to be more posotive in the immediate future. Lastly...Good Luck to you, Howard :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/28/04 at 1:53 am

I'm grateful summer temperatures have been reasonably cool so far!
8)

Written By: Dagwood on 07/28/04 at 7:13 am

I'm grateful summer temperatures have been reasonably cool so far!
8)

Same here.  We have had a couple of humid uncomfortable days, but no triple digit temperatures.  It hasn't been so bad.

Written By: Bobby on 07/28/04 at 4:30 pm

Fluffy, that is really refreshing to hear. It is wonderful when kids play for enjoyment. Brilliant.  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/28/04 at 7:28 pm

The good news for me is after putting up with so much b.s. where I volunteer, I QUIT today!  ;D ;D ;D ;D  I am FREE! No more headaches, no more b.s. no more getting up at 6 a.m. on Wedensdays!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 07/28/04 at 7:48 pm

The good news for me is after putting up with so much b.s. where I volunteer, I QUIT today!  ;D ;D ;D ;D  I am FREE! No more headaches, no more b.s. no more getting up at 6 a.m. on Wedensdays!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I find it ironic that the more you volunteer, the more that is expected from you. Good for you. Go to somewhere where you are more appreciated or, as mentioned in another thread, try that degree you have been putting off.  ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/28/04 at 9:00 pm

Howard

How did it go?  ???

LB

Written By: Howard on 07/28/04 at 9:04 pm

How did it go?   ???

LB

Bad news is they don't need me yet cause it's the Summer and it's quiet & not much to do & everyone goes on vacation. but the good news is I will call her like she told me to about the end of August when things start flowing again in September.4 hours a day 2 days a week. :)

Howard

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/28/04 at 9:28 pm

Bad news is they don't need me yet cause it's the Summer and it's quiet & not much to do & everyone goes on vacation. but the good news is I will call her like she told me to about the end of August when things start flowing again in September.4 hours a day 2 days a week. :)

Howard

Howard

If business is slow at the American Cancer Society, meybe they can have you stand out front and hand out free cigarettes to drum up business.  Heh heh...

;D ;D

LB

LB

Written By: Howard on 07/28/04 at 9:31 pm

If business is slow at the American Cancer Society, meybe they can have you stand out front and hand out free cigarettes to drum up business.  Heh heh...

;D ;D

LB

LB

The stuff I will be doing is handing out flyers at Shea Stadium and Queens Borough Hall,that's if they need me for those 2 days a week.

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/29/04 at 7:26 am

The stuff I will be doing is handing out flyers at Shea Stadium and Queens Borough Hall,that's if they need me for those 2 days a week.

Howard

Howard,

Wow... Shea Stadium.  That sounds cool.  8)

LB

Written By: Jessica on 07/29/04 at 1:42 pm

When I went for my WIC appointment yesterday, they had to weigh me for their records. I'm right on schedule. I've only gained ten pounds this first trimester. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/29/04 at 2:50 pm

When I went for my WIC appointment yesterday, they had to weigh me for their records. I'm right on schedule. I've only gained ten pounds this first trimester. :)
Awesome,, Jess :)

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 07/29/04 at 5:04 pm

My wife's company just gave her a promotion!

Written By: Dagwood on 07/29/04 at 6:24 pm

Congrats to her, Bodacious.

Written By: Howard on 07/29/04 at 9:04 pm

Howard,

Wow... Shea Stadium.  That sounds cool.  8)

LB

giving out fliers and possibly taking Walks For Life.My Mother is a survivor of Breast Cancer herself. She went for a biopsy and nothing is there. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/29/04 at 9:34 pm

giving out fliers and possibly taking Walks For Life.My Mother is a survivor of Breast Cancer herself. She went for a biopsy and nothing is there. :)

Howard
Excellent, Howard ;)

Written By: Jessica on 07/29/04 at 10:47 pm

Awesome,, Jess :)

Thanks, Mark. I actually thought I had gained more, but everyone says it looks like I've LOST weight. :o Pregnancy is weird. ;D

Written By: karen on 07/30/04 at 3:26 am

:o Pregnancy is weird. ;D

Yep!  :)

Sounds like you're doing just fine Jessica.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/30/04 at 7:22 am

Thanks, Mark. I actually thought I had gained more, but everyone says it looks like I've LOST weight. :o Pregnancy is weird. ;D

It sure is.  I lost weight the first 5 months.  I was eating and not sick, my body just reverses it's metabolism.  I still had a healthy 8 lb baby and ended up 1 lb over pre-pregnancy weight. 

Glad to see that everthing is going well with you.

My baby comes home today!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/30/04 at 9:24 am

I woke up and am NOT dizzy....yet :)

Written By: Jessica on 07/30/04 at 1:26 pm

I woke up and am NOT dizzy....yet :)

Yay! :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/30/04 at 4:57 pm

Yay! :)
Thanks...but it didn't last long :( I'm posting again for now while I have a window of "normalcy" again :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 07/30/04 at 6:57 pm

I brought my baby home today.  It is nice to hear her chasing after the kitty again.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/30/04 at 8:31 pm

I brought my baby home today.  It is nice to hear her chasing after the kitty again.
That's nice to hear, Dagny ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/30/04 at 9:21 pm

I hope to be starting volunteering in September where eveybody comes back from vacation at the end of August.

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/31/04 at 12:37 pm

I told a friend that I quit as food shelf coordinator. She runs Meals on Wheels and offered me a position there. I did turn her down because I don't really want to get "involved" with things right now. Maybe at a later time. Don't know. I have other irons in the works. I have decided to clean up that children's book that I wrote many years ago and will start actively looking for a literary agent and try to it published.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/31/04 at 8:18 pm

I told a friend that I quit as food shelf coordinator. She runs Meals on Wheels and offered me a position there. I did turn her down because I don't really want to get "involved" with things right now. Maybe at a later time. Don't know. I have other irons in the works. I have decided to clean up that children's book that I wrote many years ago and will start actively looking for a literary agent and try to it published.

Cat
I think it's cool that you are writing childrens books, Cat :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/31/04 at 8:19 pm

It's the first time I've felt good almost all day....I'm having a great time posting and listening to my Beatles "Help!" CD ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/31/04 at 8:35 pm

I think it's cool that you are writing childrens books, Cat :)

I actually wrote it about 8 years ago or so. I just think that it is time to try to get it published instead of saying, "Maybe some day". I think it is NOW some day.  ;D

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/31/04 at 9:30 pm

I actually wrote it about 8 years ago or so. I just think that it is time to try to get it published instead of saying, "Maybe some day". I think it is NOW some day.  ;D

Cat
Well I sincerely wish you the best, Cat ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/01/04 at 11:30 am

Well I sincerely wish you the best, Cat ;)

Thanks, Mark.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/01/04 at 11:43 am

I'm just happy the Summer is halfway over.It was such a disgusting month. :P

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/01/04 at 11:46 am

I'm just happy the Summer is halfway over.It was such a disgusting month. :P

Howard
Sorry to hear you had a bad time of it Howard...but Spring/Summer is my FAVORITE time of year here in dry and not too hot Colorado Springs. Did I mention that I HATE Winter and Cold ::) :)

Written By: Howard on 08/01/04 at 11:47 am

Sorry to hear you had a bad time of it Howard...but Spring/Summer is my FAVORITE time of year here in dry and not too hot Colorado Springs. Did I mention that I HATE Winter and Cold ::) :)

It's just too hot and it's the extreme humidity that makes my shirt look like it just came from a rainstorm. :P

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/01/04 at 11:48 am

It's just too hot and it's the extreme humidity that makes my shirt look like it just came from a rainstorm. :P

Howard
I know what you mean...I have a brother who lives in Nebraska :P

Written By: Howard on 08/01/04 at 11:49 am

I know what you mean...I have a brother who lives in Nebraska :P

What's the temperature in Nebraska?

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/01/04 at 3:23 pm

What's the temperature in Nebraska?

Howard
Well Howard, normal highs for Colorado Springs in the Summer average around 83-88 degrees with lows in the 55-65 degree range...humidity averages around 5 to 15% most of the time....in Nebraska it's about 10 degrees hotter than here and the humidity averages in the 60-90% range :P....as far as the Northeast part of the state (where my brother lives) but AL-B may say different for his location out there ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/02/04 at 9:27 pm

My Father got his $1850 from his disability at his work where he tripped back in April. :)

Howard

Written By: conker on 08/04/04 at 11:32 am

Good news on our little island.
The Stanley Cup showed up on it's yearly migration through the home towns of the winning team members.
Yesterday 14,000 people (10% of the Island's population) showed up in the home town of one of the players, Brad Richards.
His home town is 356 people and he paraded around the habour in his parent's lobster boat and met all of the kids etc for the day.
Fine way to spend an August afternoon.

Written By: Howard on 08/04/04 at 9:04 pm

I'm just lucky this NYC heatwave will be coming to an end soon. :P ;D

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/05/04 at 2:37 pm

I did post this on another thread in the PPP but it belongs here too. We just got back from a 4 day sail. It was GREAT-very peaceful-just what I needed. I had the love of my life with me as well as our two furballs.

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 08/05/04 at 2:59 pm

I did post this on another thread in the PPP but it belongs here too. We just got back from a 4 day sail. It was GREAT-very peaceful-just what I needed. I had the love of my life with me as well as our two furballs.

Cat

I just got back from a 20 minute nap.  Read this post, and now I think I'll go for another 20 minute nap.
It ain't much, but I take what I can get.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 08/05/04 at 6:57 pm

My Father got his $1850 from his disability at his work where he tripped back in April. :)

Excellent news, Howard.  :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/05/04 at 7:46 pm

Howard

Cool.  8)

That only leaves $748,150 to go.  ;D :D ;)

LB

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/05/04 at 8:51 pm

It rained again today! We sure have had a nice wet Summer for a change :)

Written By: Howard on 08/05/04 at 9:29 pm

Excellent news, Howard.  :)

not sure what he's gonna do with it yet but hopefully he still getting his millions.He wants to sell the house badly. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/05/04 at 9:30 pm

Cool.   8)

That only leaves $748,150 to go.   ;D :D ;)

LB

what would you do with 1850.00 if you won it from your disability?

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/05/04 at 9:32 pm

what would you do with 1850.00 if you won it from your disability?

Howard

For starters, I'd peel off about $5.00 and ask my son to go buy his friend a bowl of pudding at the store.

;D

LB

Written By: Howard on 08/05/04 at 9:37 pm

For starters, I'd peel off about $5.00 and ask my son to go buy his friend a bowl of pudding at the store.

;D

LB

for 1,800 you'd buy him an 18K gold bowl to put in his pudding. ;D

Howard

Written By: Jessica on 08/10/04 at 12:52 pm

I might have been imagining it this morning, but I swear I felt little fluttery movements in my lower abdomen. It only happened for a second or two, but it was cool. :)

It could have been gas though. ;D

Written By: Apricot on 08/10/04 at 1:04 pm

share anything in your life that you deem enjoyable!

I fell madly in love this summer....

And she loves me back...

I'd be more blissful, but I live in the same house as my father, and my father is the Devil.

Yep, that's about it.

Written By: Bobby on 08/10/04 at 5:08 pm

And she loves me back...

I'd be more blissful, but I live in the same house as my father, and my father is the Devil.

Yep, that's about it.

That is great news, Apricot. Love is such a grand thing. Sorry to hear that your father is the Devil.  :)

Written By: Howard on 08/10/04 at 6:18 pm

-I'll be probably starting my volunteer site at The American Cancer Society by next month.
-hoping to meet this girl Robin Brody from The Friendship Network.
-The Summer's halfway through. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/10/04 at 6:22 pm

John Elway got inducted into th Hall Of Fame on Sunday....Monday I was dizzy all day and today I finally feel almost normal..enough to finally post again :D

Written By: Dagwood on 08/10/04 at 6:29 pm

Sounds like baby to me, Jess.  That is what it feels like at first.  Congrats! :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/10/04 at 8:10 pm

And she loves me back...

Let's hope that she is not an abuser of smilies!

:P

Written By: karen on 08/12/04 at 10:07 am

I might have been imagining it this morning, but I swear I felt little fluttery movements in my lower abdomen. It only happened for a second or two, but it was cool. :)

It could have been gas though. ;D

How many weeks are you Jess?  I think you can start to feel movements from about 16 weeks.  With me it started feeling like 'butterflies' at first and then a few weeks later more like gas!  Then the body parts become identifiable and you can see and elbow pushing out.  It looks quite freaky at first

Written By: cheerleadercantlogin on 08/12/04 at 10:36 am

My mommy gets to come home tomorrow after spending a total of 8 weeks in the hospital and nursing home.  YAY!!! :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/12/04 at 11:48 am

My mommy gets to come home tomorrow after spending a total of 8 weeks in the hospital and nursing home.  YAY!!! :)

Yippieeeeeee!!!!!!!

Congrats to your mom, cheer.  My Mum went thru 8 weeks of hospital/rehab last year.  No fun.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/12/04 at 11:04 pm

Thanks!!  It's been tough, but it looks like she's finally out of the woods and on her way to recovery.
That makes me very happy  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/12/04 at 11:06 pm

I'm watching the "Affair Of The Heart" video by Rick Springfield-1983 for the first time in quite a while :)

Written By: jaytee on 08/13/04 at 6:07 am

My husband went to his Plastic Surgeon today for his skin cancer check-up and got a good report!

Written By: mandamoo on 08/13/04 at 6:11 am

My husband went to his Plastic Surgeon today for his skin cancer check-up and got a good report!

I bet you're relieved ! That's great news jaytee. :)

Written By: Bobby on 08/13/04 at 6:24 am

Let's hope that she is not an abuser of smilies!

:P

LOL! Good one, Lyricboy.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: jaytee on 08/13/04 at 7:17 am

I bet you're relieved ! That's great news jaytee. :)

Thanks Moo.  Now we wait 'til the next 3 months (can't help it Moo I'm not the optomistic kind :()

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/13/04 at 7:52 am

Yep, that's great news jaytee.  Say hi to PT for me  :)

Written By: jaytee on 08/13/04 at 8:05 am

Yep, that's great news jaytee.  Say hi to PT for me  :)

Thanks Fuss - I've said "hi".  He'll take up the Camp Hill business next time he sees you!! ;D

Written By: mandamoo on 08/13/04 at 8:21 am

Thanks Moo. Now we wait 'til the next 3 months (can't help it Moo I'm not the optomistic kind :()

You're welcome jaytee. Understandable, under the circumstances. ;) :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/13/04 at 9:53 am

That's great news jaytee..I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers :)

Written By: Dagwood on 08/13/04 at 6:55 pm

Yay Jaytee and Cheer.

I bought glasses for the little one today.  I was able to buy two pair for $70.  They should be in next Friday in time for school.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/13/04 at 7:03 pm

registered Brian for high school today.... :)

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 08/14/04 at 4:45 am

My now two year old son's chicken pox have STARTED to scab over.  :P  Yeah, icky I know, but after a month and three kids doing the CP thing, I'm thrilled to have the last one almost done with them!    ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/14/04 at 10:20 am

I had a good time viewing The Fort Totten Museum looking at an old historical site from 135 years ago.

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/14/04 at 3:01 pm

I have just watched one of the funniest things. We have a telly programme over here called 'It'll be alright on the night' and this has involved outakes from children who appear on TV. This exchange just cracked me up:

Interviewer to small boy: What would you do if a girl tried to kiss you?
Small boy: I would kick her in the head.

LMAO!!!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/14/04 at 8:13 pm

I have just watched one of the funniest things. We have a telly programme over here called 'It'll be alright on the night' and this has involved outakes from children who appear on TV. This exchange just cracked me up:

Interviewer to small boy: What would you do if a girl tried to kiss you?
Small boy: I would kick her in the head.

LMAO!!!!
Sounds cool, Bobby :) ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/15/04 at 10:50 am

I'm glad TS Bonnie didn't hit The NYC area.It turned out to be a nice partly cloudy day. :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/15/04 at 7:45 pm

Sounds cool, Bobby :) ;D

The delivery was superb. I wish I recorded the programme off the telly just for that little bit.  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 08/15/04 at 8:49 pm

I have managed to get my hands on both Kill Bill movies at the video store. ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/15/04 at 10:08 pm

I have managed to get my hands on both Kill Bill movies at the video store. ;D
I hear they were BOTH good....but the 2nd is better ???

Written By: Apricot on 08/16/04 at 8:52 pm

LOL! Good one, Lyricboy.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

A good one indeed. I salute you.

You people are by far the greatest people on this site. If I were the queen, I would knight all of you. But, that would require gender change and a rise through the British monarchy, so I can't.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/16/04 at 9:06 pm

My son Brian gets officially registered tomorrow....today we bought school supplies for him and Randall :)

Written By: Howard on 08/16/04 at 9:39 pm

You people are by far the greatest people on this site. If I were the queen, I would knight all of you. But, that would require gender change and a rise through the British monarchy, so I can't.

And we thank you.That is good news. :)

Howard

Written By: Jessica on 08/16/04 at 11:21 pm

I hear they were BOTH good....but the 2nd is better ???

The second one IS better, IMO. But you gotta see both to get the full effect. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/16/04 at 11:32 pm

The second one IS better, IMO. But you gotta see both to get the full effect. :)
Thanks, I'll check out both ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/17/04 at 5:33 pm

In 14 days,It will be September and can't wait till Fall starts and my new Volunteer site At The American Cancer Society. :)

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/17/04 at 6:20 pm

Tomorrow the baby turns 1 year old and her mama called us today and said that she is walking.  ;D ;D ;D The birthday party is Saturday.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/17/04 at 6:26 pm

Tomorrow the baby turns 1 year old and her mama called us today and said that she is walking.  ;D ;D ;D The birthday party is Saturday.

Cat
That's great, Cat ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 08/17/04 at 7:57 pm

Tomorrow I go register Sarah for first grade.  She is very excited.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/17/04 at 10:41 pm

Tomorrow I go register Sarah for first grade.  She is very excited.
Whether they are in 1st grade or 12th...it IS wonderful isn't it Dagny ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 08/18/04 at 7:15 am

Yes it is, although I don't want her to grow up.

Written By: Bobby on 08/18/04 at 8:50 am

You're a good sport, Apricot.  ;)

Don't bother rising through the monarchy. They're all weird that lot.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/18/04 at 9:08 am

In 14 days,It will be September and can't wait till Fall starts and my new Volunteer site At The American Cancer Society. :)

Howard

That sounds like it's going to be cool.  8)

LB

Written By: Howard on 08/18/04 at 9:57 pm

That sounds like it's going to be cool.  8)

LB

It sure will.Thanks LB. ;)

Howard

Written By: Jessica on 08/19/04 at 4:58 pm

I heard the baby's heartbeat today. It was awesome. :)

Written By: SuperFreak on 08/19/04 at 5:27 pm

That is very wonderful, Jessica ;)

Written By: Bobby on 08/19/04 at 5:40 pm

That is excellent. Do you know if it's a boy or girl?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/04 at 6:00 pm

That's wonderful.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 08/19/04 at 7:04 pm

Yay, Jess.  That is so great.  You will hear it at every appt, and it will never get old.

Written By: Jessica on 08/19/04 at 11:07 pm

That is excellent. Do you know if it's a boy or girl?

Not yet. The doc won't do an ultrasound until my 24th week. I'm kinda antsy about that. ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/20/04 at 6:28 pm

Not yet. The doc won't do an ultrasound until my 24th week. I'm kinda antsy about that. ;D
Don't me antsy...everything will be great...you are in my prayers. BTW, That's greta that you heard the heartbeat :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/20/04 at 8:06 pm

Don't me antsy...everything will be great...you are in my prayers. BTW, That's greta that you heard the heartbeat :)

Greta Susteren?  Gee,kids are watching TV at a REALLY young age nowadays.  :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/20/04 at 8:09 pm

Greta Susteren?  Gee,kids are watching TV at a REALLY young age nowadays.   :D
"In Stewy's voice from Family Guy".....Blast you for pointing out my spelling error, LyricBoy!  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/20/04 at 8:10 pm

Okay Jessica...what I meant to say was....that's GREAT :)

Written By: Howard on 08/20/04 at 8:10 pm

I'm just happy I got the house to myself since My parents are away on a California Cruise for a week. :)

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 08/20/04 at 8:11 pm

All right, party at Howard's! ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/20/04 at 8:13 pm

I'm just happy I got the house to myself since My parents are away on a California Cruise for a week. :)

Howard
ENJOY it Howard....I used to rock out to MTV when my parents went away....of course that was way back in 1983...when MTV Didn't SUCK!

Written By: Howard on 08/20/04 at 8:16 pm

ENJOY it Howard....I used to rock out to MTV when my parents went away....of course that was way back in 1983...when MTV Didn't SUCK!

I remember it was 20 years ago, that I always gave my Mother guilt trips about going on vacation and wanting to spend time with them.But now,they are older and I'm 30 Years old,I'm more understanding and that they need time to themselves.I can take care of me. & I am my own police. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/20/04 at 8:16 pm

All right, party at Howard's! ;)

I don't think so.I'll be busy all week. :D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/20/04 at 9:15 pm

I remember it was 20 years ago, that I always gave my Mother guilt trips about going on vacation and wanting to spend time with them.But now,they are older and I'm 30 Years old,I'm more understanding and that they need time to themselves.I can take care of me. & I am my own police. ;D

Howard
Have a great time, Howard ;)

Written By: Apricot on 08/20/04 at 9:21 pm

I don't think so.I'll be busy all week. :D

Howard

Oh, come on, Howard! Live a little! Party!!!!

Written By: Howard on 08/20/04 at 9:41 pm

Oh, come on, Howard! Live a little! Party!!!!

I wish there was time to party.just so busy during the week and I'm tired when I come home.

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/20/04 at 9:42 pm

Have a great time, Howard ;)

Don't worry,I'll be fine by myself. ;D

Howard

Written By: Apricot on 08/20/04 at 9:44 pm

I wish there was time to party.just so busy during the week and I'm tired when I come home.

Howard

You're NEVER too tired too party! COME ON!!!

Seriously now, what am I supposed to do with all these tasty snacks and beverages and ice?

Written By: Howard on 08/20/04 at 9:45 pm

You're NEVER too tired too party! COME ON!!!

Seriously now, what am I supposed to do with all these tasty snacks and beverages and ice?

Have girls come over? ;D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/20/04 at 9:58 pm

Don't worry,I'll be fine by myself. ;D

Howard
So am I....usually, though sometimes being alone sucks :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/21/04 at 7:13 am

I can't believe I'm up this early....couldn't sleep so I'm off to Wal-Mart for some groceries. Maybe by the time I get back I'll be ready for a little more sleep!

Written By: Howard on 08/21/04 at 10:34 am

So am I....usually, though sometimes being alone sucks :-\\

I think being alone makes you feel independent.I do my own wash,buy my own food,clothe myself,shower and shave. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/21/04 at 1:10 pm

I think being alone makes you feel independent.I do my own wash,buy my own food,clothe myself,shower and shave. :)

Howard
I must admit...I kinda would like to have my own place sometimes..

Written By: Apricot on 08/21/04 at 3:08 pm

Have girls come over? ;D

Howard

Girls hate me. I haven't the slightest idea why.....

I guess I'll drink alone.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/21/04 at 3:18 pm

I used to rock out to MTV when my parents went away....of course that was way back in 1983...when MTV Didn't SUCK!

MTV has always sucked...in my opinion

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/21/04 at 5:05 pm

Girls hate me. I haven't the slightest idea why.....

I guess I'll drink alone.

When I drink alone.... I prefer to be by myself...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/21/04 at 5:10 pm

MTV has always sucked...in my opinion
Aw, I used to really like it up until around 1985 it was great with the Original 5 VJ's....after that it was spotty until 1990 or so....that's just my opinion though ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/21/04 at 11:24 pm

My Rockies AND Cardinals won tonight...AND I talked to Zella on the phone today :)

Written By: SuperFreak on 08/22/04 at 3:26 pm

i have been so busy this Summer but now i finally am getting a break  :D

Written By: Howard on 08/22/04 at 5:10 pm

I must admit...I kinda would like to have my own place sometimes..

Why? Do You live with your parents?

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/22/04 at 5:13 pm

I was shopping for a couple of hours and it kept me out of the house for a while.

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/22/04 at 7:49 pm

I'm checking out a John Denver Concert from New York City...from 1995....what a talent he was :) :\'(

Written By: AL-B on 08/26/04 at 8:38 pm

First off...Congratulations! Lastly...if you do take it and move thier I can tease you about the Huskers AND the Chiefs ;)
I got the job! I start September 6th.  ;D ;D ;D I probably won't be in here much for quite a while, since I have to get all of my junk either packed up or thrown away. (I hate moving!) But once I get settled in, I'll let you all know how it's going.

(R N' R: Not only can you tease me about the Huskers and the Chiefs, you can now also tease me about being a Teamster. ;))

Written By: Howard on 08/26/04 at 8:48 pm

I'll be meeting this girl Caryn Deutsch in a couple of weeks from my Friendship Network,a place where you meet people and call up from a list. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/26/04 at 8:54 pm

I got the job! I start September 6th.  ;D ;D ;D I probably won't be in here much for quite a while, since I have to get all of my junk either packed up or thrown away. (I hate moving!) But once I get settled in, I'll let you all know how it's going.

(R N' R: Not only can you tease me about the Huskers and the Chiefs, you can now also tease me about being a Teamster. ;))
CONGRATULATIONS, AL-B!!!!!

As for the Huskers and Chiefs...my hatred for them stems from other reasons and has nothing to do with YOu at all :)

Written By: Howard on 08/26/04 at 8:56 pm

I hope to be seeing my old friend Robert next week in Albany.

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/26/04 at 8:58 pm

Howard

Cool.  8)

Is this the friend you got to visit as part of your birthday present? ???

LB

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/26/04 at 9:09 pm

Howard
I hope you have a great time, Howard :)

Written By: Howard on 08/26/04 at 9:14 pm

Cool.   8)

Is this the friend you got to visit as part of your birthday present? ???

LB

I haven't visited him yet.We were trying to figure out what day to come up and see him but it conflicted. :(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/26/04 at 9:15 pm

I hope you have a great time, Howard :)

Thanks.that means I may have to take a few days off from this messageboard. :( ;)

Howard

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/27/04 at 8:45 am

I'm meeting with a personal trainer at school today to get an evaluation and a "workout plan" after my class.  Since my littlest one is in the preschool program and I have to be on campus until 12:15 every day, I now have no excuse to NOT workout as I'll have from 9:50-12:15 by myself:P

wait, maybe that's not so great ;D ;D ;D

Short term pain for long term gain is always worth it Cheer  :)

(Says Fuss, who avoids exercise like the plague that it is  ;D)

Written By: Bobby on 08/27/04 at 4:58 pm

Have a great time Howard and congratulations are in order for Al-B - Well done!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/27/04 at 6:03 pm

I spoke on the phone with a board member that lives VERY far away from where I do last night :)

Written By: Howard on 08/27/04 at 8:00 pm

Have a great time Howard and congratulations are in order for Al-B - Well done!

I have to remind my Mother that I'm still going to Albany to see him.She will help me pay for the trip,Cause,I told her & him(Robert)that I will be coming up Labor Day holiday but thing is it will be chaos cause of the RNC and I don't want to upset him and the next 4 day weekend will be Columbus Day and him and I were having trouble past couple months ago figuring out what days to see him cause it was conflicting with stuff from home. :(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/27/04 at 8:02 pm

I hope to be starting my volunteer site at The American Cancer Society soon in September. :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/27/04 at 8:16 pm

I spoke on the phone with a board member that lives VERY far away from where I do last night :)

Very nice. Anyone in particular?  :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/27/04 at 10:27 pm

I have to remind my Mother that I'm still going to Albany to see him.She will help me pay for the trip,Cause,I told her & him(Robert)that I will be coming up Labor Day holiday but thing is it will be chaos cause of the RNC and I don't want to upset him and the next 4 day weekend will be Columbus Day and him and I were having trouble past couple months ago figuring out what days to see him cause it was conflicting with stuff from home. :(

Howard

HS,

Will you be able to check in on the Decades Messageboards while you are up there?  ???

LB

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/27/04 at 10:56 pm

Very nice. Anyone in particular?  :)
Yep...an "Aussie" member!

Written By: Apricot on 08/27/04 at 11:19 pm

I got an e-mail from my love.... I feel great!

You know, very rarely do people accept my feelings as valid, or even care. But people are actually HAPPY for me! I felt like suicide the other day, and I came as close as I ever have to just doing it, but now I feel like I'll never be sad again!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/27/04 at 11:26 pm

I got an e-mail from my love.... I feel great!

You know, very rarely do people accept my feelings as valid, or even care. But people are actually HAPPY for me! I felt like suicide the other day, and I came as close as I ever have to just doing it, but now I feel like I'll never be sad again!
You can talk to ME ANYTIME....please KNOW that you are never alone. I hope that you are never sad again...but be strong if life ever throws you sadness

Written By: Apricot on 08/27/04 at 11:30 pm

You can talk to ME ANYTIME....please KNOW that you are never alone. I hope that you are never sad again...but be strong if life ever throws you sadness

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/27/04 at 11:41 pm

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind!
Please DO! BTW, I'm happy for you that things are going your way lately ;)

Written By: Bobby on 08/28/04 at 5:17 am

Yep...an "Aussie" member!

Wow! I wouldn't like your phone bill this month.  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/28/04 at 10:19 am

Wow! I wouldn't like your phone bill this month.  ;D
Well, I used a calling card with pretty decent rates....100 minutes at 14 cents per.....it's not great rates but we ARE talking about calling Australia!

Written By: Howard on 08/28/04 at 10:48 am

HS,

Will you be able to check in on the Decades Messageboards while you are up there?  ???

LB

Sure,I hope so.That's if my friend Robert will be nice enough to let me use it.I will be coming back to New York possibly Sunday,maybe Monday.not too sure yet. :-\\

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/28/04 at 10:53 am

It's confirmed.I can't wait to see my friend Robert who lives In Niskayuna,NY A small town in Albany this Friday & coming back possibly Sunday,maybe Monday.not too sure yet.haven't seen him in almost 2 years since we departed and said our last goodbyes to each other. :\'( He is my mentor and guidance counselor so to speak. :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/28/04 at 11:44 am

Well, I used a calling card with pretty decent rates....100 minutes at 14 cents per.....it's not great rates but we ARE talking about calling Australia!

I'm trying to make the calculations . . . 14 cents = approx. 9p? 9p per minute for a phone call to Australia? That's not bad, RockandRollFan.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/28/04 at 12:24 pm

I'm trying to make the calculations . . . 14 cents = approx. 9p? 9p per minute for a phone call to Australia? That's not bad, RockandRollFan.  :)
Well, Thanks to a very good friend of mine... :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/28/04 at 3:55 pm

It's confirmed.I can't wait to see my friend Robert who lives In Niskayuna,NY A small town in Albany this Friday & coming back possibly Sunday,maybe Monday.not too sure yet.haven't seen him in almost 2 years since we departed and said our last goodbyes to each other. :\'( He is my mentor and guidance counselor so to speak. :)

Howard

Cool.  8)

Have alot of fun, Howard!  :)

LB

Written By: Apricot on 08/28/04 at 8:51 pm

How's this for good news? I'm e-mailing my love right now. I am telling her, for the first time, that I love her. I am anxiously hoping for a good response.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/28/04 at 9:38 pm

How's this for good news? I'm e-mailing my love right now. I am telling her, for the first time, that I love her. I am anxiously hoping for a good response.
WELL....take it from an old goat....do NOT put your life on the line for anyone.....although I do wish you the best of luck.....just try and stay even keel, alright?

Written By: Apricot on 08/28/04 at 9:41 pm

WELL....take it from an old goat....do NOT put your life on the line for anyone.....although I do wish you the best of luck.....just try and stay even keel, alright?

Will do.

Funny, it actually feels like a weight has been lifted off of me.... literally, I feel lighter.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/28/04 at 10:06 pm

Will do.

Funny, it actually feels like a weight has been lifted off of me.... literally, I feel lighter.
That's VERY good to hear, Apricot :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/28/04 at 11:37 pm

Right now, I'm feeling "pretty good".  I'm sure the fact that I actually got out of the house without kids and had a good dinner and a few cocktails is helping, but overall, I feel great ;D
Nice to hear, 80s_cheerleader :)

Written By: Howard on 08/29/04 at 11:22 am

Cool.   8)

Have alot of fun, Howard!  :)

LB

I will be leaving for Niskayuna Friday morning or afternoon and returning Monday hopefully.Thanks LB. ;)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/29/04 at 12:25 pm

Right now, I'm feeling "pretty good".  I'm sure the fact that I actually got out of the house without kids and had a good dinner and a few cocktails is helping, but overall, I feel great ;D

A cocktail or two works wonders 80s cheerleader.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/29/04 at 12:52 pm

Glad to hear that.

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 08/29/04 at 8:20 pm

She loves me! She wants to have a relationship! She feels the same way! I could never be better!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/29/04 at 8:26 pm

She loves me! She wants to have a relationship! She feels the same way! I could never be better!
EXCELLENT!
http://www.cod.edu/dept/athletic/teams/soccer/alumni/_notes/burns.jpg

Written By: Bobby on 08/30/04 at 7:31 am

That is wonderful news, Apricot. All the best.  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/30/04 at 9:39 am

That's great Apricot. Some words of advice. If things get a little rocky in the relationship, just remember to say three words-"You're right, Dear."  ;)

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 08/30/04 at 10:44 am

That's great Apricot. Some words of advice. If things get a little rocky in the relationship, just remember to say three words-"You're right, Dear."  ;)

The three words I say all the time . . . It gets me a bit of peace, doesn't it?

Even if it's only for a few minutes.  ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/30/04 at 5:44 pm

Cat

Don;t forget those other 5 magic words too, Apricot.

"Get me a beer, babe."   ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 08/30/04 at 7:58 pm

Good luck in your new relationship, Apricot.

Written By: Howard on 08/30/04 at 8:07 pm

This will be my last few days of posting till I go to see my friend Robert who lives in Niskayuna,New York up in Albany on Friday and coming back on Monday Morning Labor Day holiday.This is good news.I haven't seen him in almost 2 years. :)

Howard

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/30/04 at 8:20 pm

Hey Apricot, just a bit of friendly adivce.  Love her!  When you get angry, frustrated, upset, love her more.  Not enough?  Love her MORE, and let her know it.  And remember those 2 most important wods in a man's vocabulary "yes dear" ;).  Good luck and may you have a long and happy relationship.  All the best to both of you.

And whilr I'm at it, thanks for those words at the bottom of your posts.  I'm honored and humbled, and frankly, speachless.  Thank you!

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/30/04 at 8:24 pm

This will be my last few days of posting till I go to see my friend Robert who lives in Niskayuna,New York up in Albany on Friday and coming back on Monday Morning Labor Day holiday.This is good news.I haven't seen him in almost 2 years. :)

Howard

HS,

Have fun on the trip!  8)

LB

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/30/04 at 8:27 pm

Hey Cheer,
Sounds like a good time.  You and hubby need more of them.  good luck to you both, and just remember to love on each other.  Martinis are nice, but hugs beat drugs every time.  Although I do like it when Cat gets a bit, shall we say, tight?  I'll leave the rest to your imagination. ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/30/04 at 8:32 pm

HS,

Have fun on the trip!  8)

LB

Thanks.for me,that is good news.want me to send you back anything? ;)

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/30/04 at 8:39 pm

Thanks.for me,that is good news.want me to send you back anything? ;)

Howard

How about a picture of you bungee-jumping?

;D

Written By: Howard on 08/30/04 at 8:42 pm

How about a picture of you bungee-jumping?

;D

No,they don't bunjee jump in Niskayuna.It's a small town anyway.  ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/30/04 at 8:44 pm

Fall is coming to a close so Summer will be old news. ;D :P

Howard

Written By: Apricot on 08/30/04 at 9:05 pm

Hey Apricot, just a bit of friendly adivce.  Love her!  When you get angry, frustrated, upset, love her more.  Not enough?  Love her MORE, and let her know it.  And remember those 2 most important wods in a man's vocabulary "yes dear" ;).  Good luck and may you have a long and happy relationship.  All the best to both of you.

And whilr I'm at it, thanks for those words at the bottom of your posts.  I'm honored and humbled, and frankly, speachless.  Thank you!

Thanks for the advice. I will use it any time things get rough.

By the way, thanks for noticing the respect list. The calm and polite way you conduct yourself on the board is very admirable, and one of the reasons I put you on the list.

If anyone else wants to know why they're on the respect list, just lemme know.

Written By: Bobby on 08/31/04 at 5:07 am

I have noticed I am on your list as well, thank you very much, Apricot. I do try to refrain from those things because they can cause divisions - I respect everyone equally.  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/31/04 at 2:55 pm

Thanks for the advice. I will use it any time things get rough.

By the way, thanks for noticing the respect list. The calm and polite way you conduct yourself on the board is very admirable, and one of the reasons I put you on the list.

I also would like to thank you for including me on your list too. Like Carlos, I am honored.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/31/04 at 4:43 pm

I start my new Volunteer site at The American Cancer Society September 9th at 9:30am

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aktion/action-smiley-033.gif

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/31/04 at 4:46 pm

Thank You Apricot.You are definitely well respected here.

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/grinser/grinning-smiley-004.gif

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/31/04 at 4:49 pm

I have noticed I am on your list as well, thank you very much, Apricot. I do try to refrain from those things because they can cause divisions - I respect everyone equally.  ;)

And that goes the same for me too. http://www.prowrestling.com/discuss/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/31/04 at 5:04 pm

And that goes the same for me too. http://www.prowrestling.com/discuss/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

You're on my 'respect list' Howard - but you knew that anyway!  :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/31/04 at 5:06 pm

Thanks for the mention on your Respect List, Apricot.

I accept this award on behalf of all of the other posters that I have abused over the years..."

Heh heh...

LB

Written By: Howard on 08/31/04 at 5:08 pm

You're on my 'respect list' Howard - but you knew that anyway!  :D

Thanks Bob.

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/grinser/grinning-smiley-002.gif

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/31/04 at 6:40 pm

Thanks for the mention on your Respect List, Apricot.

I accept this award on behalf of all of the other posters that I have abused over the years..."

Heh heh...

LB

LOL  ;D

NEXT PAGE: The Feel Great, Good News Thread!

Check for new replies or respond here...