» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Re: The "I'm Feeling Low" Thread.

Written By: adagio on 02/21/08 at 9:05 pm

Sorry, Tia, having secrets here is unfair to newcomers. >:( :)

Written By: Tia on 02/21/08 at 9:19 pm

this just arrived in response to a Freedom of Information Act request...

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/5/53/Aclu-v-ashcroft-redacted.jpg

hmm. the plot thickens.

Written By: adagio on 02/21/08 at 9:22 pm

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/5/53/Aclu-v-ashcroft-redacted.jpg

That's the way the board appears to me now.  :D

Written By: Red Ant on 02/22/08 at 2:37 am

I really can't go to the moderators, one said he was blocking me!! (I wasn't stalking him or anything) Doubt if he did, but that I thought was a no-no. He has a temper!

There are a dozen moderators here, so if one is blocking you there are 11 other people you can go to.

I know he blocked you, because that person was me. There's not anything "no no" about it. Anyone here can block anyone else if they do not want to receive any more PMs from someone. I also know that what is sent via PM should stay between those two people....

I suggest you reread the PM I sent you on January 22, 2008 at 10:08:56pm, because your claim that "(you)really can't go to the moderators" is in error and had already been addressed in that last PM.

Ant

Written By: Howard on 02/22/08 at 7:48 am

Maybe I need to go to a strip club to get rid of my lowness. ;D

Written By: Tia on 02/22/08 at 11:17 am

Maybe I need to go to a strip club to get rid of my lowness. ;D
i have never felt as low as i do after going to a strip club.  :( miserable dens of cynicism and loneliness, they are. i have totally put them on my secret blacklist.

Written By: Howard on 02/22/08 at 11:19 am

i have never felt as low as i do after going to a strip club.  :( miserable dens of cynicism and loneliness, they are. i have totally put them on my secret blacklist.

But the girls over there keep you company. ;)

Written By: Tia on 02/22/08 at 11:27 am

But the girls over there keep you company. ;)
i always got the sneaking suspicion they were only pretending to like me because they wanted my money. am i crazy? :D

Written By: Howard on 02/22/08 at 11:28 am

i always got the sneaking suspicion they were only pretending to like me because they wanted my money. am i crazy? :D

So then ask them out on dates? ???

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/22/08 at 1:44 pm

Why are you hurt,Adagio?
If you can't take a joke then maybe you should refrain from posting so much....if you want interaction and have a good time here then you really can't be picky about the responses you get. I'm sure no one here has anything against you but if you start acting like a victim then you won't find much sympathy,you get me?

And i'm sorry but anything that happened before you joined is none of your business.

When i first got here there was all sorts of drama going on and i made sure i stayed out of it and just enjoy the boards,you'll have all the time in the world to figure out who you dislike but don't let someone else decide for you.

Which brings me to you,Hawk…what you're doing is so lame! Stop acting like you're an authority on anything. A list of members to avoid? That's pathetic. Just because you have problems with someone doesn't mean a thing to anyone else but you  ::)
In fact you should pm me that list too cause i'm starting to think that someone you call an enemy would probably be someone i would like to have as a friend.

On a side note,do we have the best moderators in the www,or what?  :)

Written By: Tam on 02/22/08 at 2:10 pm

Why are you hurt,Adagio?
If you can't take a joke then maybe you should refrain from posting so much....if you want interaction and have a good time here then you really can't be picky about the responses you get. I'm sure no one here has anything against you but if you start acting like a victim then you won't find much sympathy,you get me?

And i'm sorry but anything that happened before you joined is none of your business.

When i first got here there was all sorts of drama going on and i made sure i stayed out of it and just enjoy the boards,you'll have all the time in the world to figure out who you dislike but don't let someone else decide for you.

Which brings me to you,Hawk…what you're doing is so lame! Stop acting like you're an authority on anything. A list of members to avoid? That's pathetic. Just because you have problems with someone doesn't mean a thing to anyone else but you  ::)
In fact you should pm me that list too cause i'm starting to think that someone you call an enemy would probably be someone i would like to have as a friend.

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours. 

Written By: Tia on 02/22/08 at 2:11 pm

An Error Has Occurred!

took care of it for ya, tam.  ;)

Written By: adagio on 02/22/08 at 2:20 pm

Why are you hurt,Adagio?

You beat all:)  Don't take YOURSELF so seriously.  In fact I have no beef with anybody here, except whoever hurts my feelings, then as Meat said...bring it up to them, they might not know, or else they're kidding.  The fact is, as soon as I know someone is kidding it doesn't bother me...so stop trying to make me out to be some kind of pathetic victim.  This is a thread about feeling low, everyone particpates, mostly Meat.  We cheer each other up and then go on our way...do not make it more than it is.

Written By: Tia on 02/22/08 at 2:27 pm

You beat all:)  Don't take YOURSELF so seriously.  In fact I have no beef with anybody here, except whoever hurts my feelings, then as Meat said...bring it up to them, they might not know, or else they're kidding.  The fact is, as soon as I know someone is kidding it doesn't bother me...so stop trying to make me out to be some kind of pathetic victim.  This is a thread about feeling low, everyone particpates, mostly Meat.  We cheer each other up and then go on our way...do not make it more than it is.
well, if it were just contained to this one thread that would be one thing but it seems to be breaking out all over, folks either threadwhoring or saying vague things about how there are certain members on the board who are bad people -- without being specific about who they are -- and, frankly, this thing about PMing secret lists of unacceptable people is, to me, the lowest of the low. if someone wants to PM secret lists of people they think are substandard that's one thing, no one else needs ever know, but then to post big public messages about it gets EVERYONE wondering whether they're on the list. (except me, i KNOW i am.  ;D ) i dont know for sure but i'd guess the mods probably dont appreciate it because it makes the board look frivolous and fraught with argumentative people and trolls. which it's totally not but just about every other board out there is. so i think it does a disservice to the board and helps deter potentially cool noobs from joining.

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/22/08 at 2:31 pm

You beat all:)  Don't take YOURSELF so seriously.  In fact I have no beef with anybody here, except whoever hurts my feelings, then as Meat said...bring it up to them, they might not know, or else they're kidding.  The fact is, as soon as I know someone is kidding it doesn't bother me...so stop trying to make me out to be some kind of pathetic victim.  This is a thread about feeling low, everyone particpates, mostly Meat.  We cheer each other up and then go on our way...do not make it more than it is.

You must be kidding me! You've been whining all over the board...you are not a victim but you're good at playing one.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/22/08 at 2:39 pm

I'm concerned that I may not be on anyone's list.  I think I've been way too nice here.  there's a jerk inside just needing to be let out, I just know it.  8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/22/08 at 2:40 pm

by the way Dom, I'm not feeling low, your services are not needed at this time. 
sorry to go off topic  :)

Written By: adagio on 02/22/08 at 2:45 pm

I'm concerned that I may not be on anyone's list.  I think I've been way too nice here.  there's a jerk inside just needing to be let out, I just know it.  8)

:)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/08 at 2:48 pm

Nice weather we are having, huh?

Cat

Written By: adagio on 02/22/08 at 2:48 pm

A jerk who drinks Starbucks?  ;D  karma for you.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/22/08 at 2:51 pm

:)
there's a jerk deep inside just waiting to erupt and get on everyone's list. that'd be awesome  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 02/22/08 at 5:10 pm

Tee hee, you definitely seem like a decent enough bloke. :)

As for me, I've not been here long enough, lol.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/22/08 at 5:28 pm

So then ask them out on dates? ???

How would you feel knowing your girlfriend is a stripper than hundreds of guys look at every day?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/08 at 5:30 pm

How would you feel knowing your girlfriend is a stripper than hundreds of guys look at every day?

Ooh, touché.

Cat

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/22/08 at 5:33 pm

Oh, look! A fight about to break out in the feeling low thread!

Look:

Whether or not you're on the list doesn't matter, don't worry about it.
If you don't like anybody's posts, don't read them.
If you feel unhappy, stay away from what makes you feel that way.

Alright, now be happy!

Written By: Bobby on 02/22/08 at 5:36 pm

Look:

Alright, now be happy!

Ha ha, you tell 'em . . .

I always thought the idea was just to have a laugh and find out about everybody on the board. Life doesn't have to be so difficult and neither does being here on Inthe00s. :)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 02/22/08 at 5:52 pm

I always thought the idea was just to have a laugh and find out about everybody on the board. Life doesn't have to be so difficult and neither does being here on Inthe00s. :)

That's true.
But, as in any barrel, there's always those certain monkeys...... ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/08 at 6:11 pm

I'm checking the list, checking it twice. Gonna find out who's naughty or nice.

Oops. Wrong thread.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 02/22/08 at 6:12 pm

isn't monkeys in a barrel supposed to be a good thing? "more fun than a barrel of monkeys"? maybe the expression being sought after here is "a few bad apples spoil the barrel," in which case i couldnt agree more. passive aggressiveness, poor-me posturing and secret blacklisting runs the danger of making the entire board look bad.

on the other hand, i'm about to get a high score in the arcade, i'm hoping, so i'm in a good mood.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 02/22/08 at 6:14 pm

Nice weather we are having, huh?

Cat

Lots of rain, here.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/08 at 6:28 pm

Lots of rain, here.

That's good for the plants.

Cat

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/22/08 at 6:32 pm

That's good for the plants.

Cat

I think that every time it rains.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/08 at 6:36 pm

I think that every time it rains.

I believe for every drop of rain that falls A flower grows

Oops-AGAIN wrong thread.  :-[

Cat

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/22/08 at 6:42 pm

I believe for every drop of rain that falls A flower grows

Oops-AGAIN wrong thread.  :-[

Cat

Growing flowers = growing spirits.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/22/08 at 6:44 pm

Look:

Alright, now be happy!
bullsh*t!  you don't want people happy. You want us low, down in the dumps so we'll post in your thread  ;D 

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/22/08 at 6:45 pm

bullsh*t!  you don't want people happy. You want us low, down in the dumps so we'll post in your thread  ;D   

Your pessimistic attitude says to me that you've some deep, unresolved issues. I suggest you sit down and have a chat with me while we work out your problems. We can help you, we can!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/22/08 at 6:49 pm

Your pessimistic attitude says to me that you've some deep, unresolved issues. I suggest you sit down and have a chat with me while we work out your problems. We can help you, we can!
any unresolved issues are buried very very deep. many have tried before, to go into those chambers where demons lurk, but none have helped.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/22/08 at 6:51 pm

any unresolved issues are buried very very deep. many have tried before, to go into those chambers where demons lurk, but none have helped.

I am different. We're all different. We're all everybody else who has lived for six years, as well.

The air you breathe is made up of atoms that once belonged to everybody else.
Since it takes six years for them to travel around the globe, those people in China don't reach you until six years after birth.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/22/08 at 6:53 pm

I am different. We're all different. We're all everybody else who has lived for six years, as well.

The air you breathe is made up of atoms that once belonged to everybody else.
Since it takes six years for them to travel around the globe, those people in China don't reach you until six years after birth.
wow, that's deep Dom.  You are totally different. Are you the next Dali Llama or something?

Written By: Tia on 02/22/08 at 6:54 pm

i think you're supposed to say, "none have come out alive." ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/22/08 at 6:57 pm

He's supposed to say whatever he pleases. The beauty of being human is being allowed to express what you feel.

And I am not the next Dali Lama, although I am the next Dali Llama.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/08 at 7:00 pm

He's supposed to say whatever he pleases. The beauty of being human is being allowed to express what you feel.

And I am not the next Dali Lama, although I am the next Dali Llama.

Kidding aside, I really think you are an old soul-and I mean that as a complement.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 02/22/08 at 7:03 pm

Kidding aside, I really think you are an old soul-and I mean that as a complement.

Cat
i've been meaning to start an "old-soul new-soul" thread for a long time but i could never figure out how to start it. i've always loved that idea.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/22/08 at 7:06 pm

dammit!  I screwed that up, didn't I. now I feel low. thanks Tia 

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/22/08 at 7:07 pm

dammit!  I screwed that up, didn't I. now I feel low. thanks Tia   

You're a wonderful person...

Oh, and thanks CatwomanofV!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/22/08 at 7:09 pm

You're a wonderful person...

Oh, and thanks CatwomanofV!
no I'm not. I'm a whore  :\'(

Written By: Tia on 02/22/08 at 7:10 pm

no I'm not. I'm a whore  :\'(
dont forget that you also hate america. >:(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/08 at 7:10 pm

i've been meaning to start an "old-soul new-soul" thread for a long time but i could never figure out how to start it. i've always loved that idea.

Go ahead. Start it.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 02/22/08 at 7:13 pm

Go ahead. Start it.

Cat
but how? ask whether people think they're an old soul or a young one? does anyone wanna be a young soul? you see my dilemma.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/22/08 at 7:14 pm

dont forget that you also hate america. >:(
that's not correct.  I hate the world!  >:(

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/22/08 at 7:15 pm

that's not correct.  I hate the world!  >:(

What did the world do to you? ALL IT DOES IS ORBIT THE SUN! WHY DOES THAT BOTHER YOU!?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/22/08 at 7:17 pm

What did the world do to you? ALL IT DOES IS ORBIT THE SUN! WHY DOES THAT BOTHER YOU!?
I'm an alien

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/22/08 at 7:18 pm

I'm an alien

You mean we're the aliens to you?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/08 at 7:19 pm

but how? ask whether people think they're an old soul or a young one? does anyone wanna be a young soul? you see my dilemma.

Why not ask people? Or maybe you can ask "who do you think is an old soul?"

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/22/08 at 7:27 pm

You mean we're the aliens to you?
I'm just visiting. when you visit my world, then you'll be an alien.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/08 at 7:29 pm

I'm just visiting. when you visit my world, then you'll be an alien.

What do you think the "V" in CatwomanofV means?

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/22/08 at 7:36 pm

Cat
OMG, do you remember the series back in the 80's V  aliens arrive on earth and try to take over, and the aliens ate rodents/rats because underneath their human disguise they were reptilian  :o  you just made me remember that.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/22/08 at 7:37 pm

Cat

Venus or five!

Or Victoria. Is that your name?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/08 at 7:39 pm

OMG, do you remember the series back in the 80's V  aliens arrive on earth and try to take over, and the aliens ate rodents/rats because underneath their human disguise they were reptilian  :o  you just made me remember that.

I remember the series but never watched it.

Venus or five!

Or Victoria. Is that your name?

It does indeed mean Venus-my home planet.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Tia on 02/22/08 at 7:39 pm

for some reason that theme keeps coming up. anybody see the john carpenter movie "they live"? totally secret reptiles. (hey! there's your band name, meat! "totally secret reptiles." or "totally secret llamas," if you wanna keep it topical.)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/22/08 at 7:41 pm

for some reason that theme keeps coming up. anybody see the john carpenter movie "they live"? totally secret reptiles. (hey! there's your band name, meat! "totally secret reptiles." or "totally secret llamas," if you wanna keep it topical.)
They Live is great!  very cheesy, I want one of those transporter Rolex's  8) 

Written By: adagio on 02/22/08 at 7:47 pm

Funny!!  I thought so too! :)

Written By: Tia on 02/22/08 at 7:48 pm

They Live is great!  very cheesy, I want one of those transporter Rolex's  8) 
i've been wanting to see "the signal" because the reviews of it say that it does this combination of horror and slapstick. which i love, and john carpenter was the master. i remember more than once seeing a john carpenter flick, laughing my ass off the whole time at how ridiculous it was, and then lying awake all night staring wide-eyed at the ceiling, in mortal terror of what might be lurking under the bed. :D mr carpenter loves to yuck it up but don't be fooled: he knows how to scare the pants off ya. he uses the slapstick to sneak the scary stuff straight into your subconscious. he should be working in psyops. for real.

and then of course there's the most upsetting moment of mr. carpenter's directorial career...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9VqlvPT640

why she didn't get an oscar for best supporting actress i'll never know. ouch!

Written By: adagio on 02/22/08 at 7:50 pm

That's true.
But, as in any barrel, there's always those certain monkeys...... ;D

:D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/22/08 at 8:10 pm

i've been wanting to see "the signal" because the reviews of it say that it does this combination of horror and slapstick. which i love, and john carpenter was the master. i remember more than once seeing a john carpenter flick, laughing my ass off the whole time at how ridiculous it was, and then lying awake all night staring wide-eyed at the ceiling, in mortal terror of what might be lurking under the bed. :D mr carpenter loves to yuck it up but don't be fooled: he knows how to scare the pants off ya. he uses the slapstick to sneak the scary stuff straight into your subconscious. he should be working in psyops. for real.

and then of course there's the most upsetting moment of mr. carpenter's directorial career...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9VqlvPT640

why she didn't get an oscar for best supporting actress i'll never know. ouch!

now why have I not heard of "The Signal"  ???  John Carpenter has directed some of my favorite films mainly  Escape From New York and oftens uses one of my favorite actors Kurt Russell.  I guess I better do some research on the signal movie unless there's a review on your movie review zone. I'll check out the youtube when I'm at home.

Written By: Tia on 02/22/08 at 9:57 pm

Go ahead. Start it.

Cat
i did my best.

i really had to ponder on the wording!

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=31248.0

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/22/08 at 11:06 pm

i did my best.

i really had to ponder on the wording!

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=31248.0
hijacker  :P

Written By: Howard on 02/23/08 at 7:49 am

Then I'd say she's a hot piece of ass I'd love to tap. ;D ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/23/08 at 6:19 pm

Yes, well, you'd have to share her, wouldn't you?

Written By: Bobby on 02/23/08 at 6:35 pm

Lol

For a few minutes I was trying to work out why strippers (male and female) are considered taboo subjects for having a relationship. I don't think it's the morality in itself because stripping doesn't have to equal sex. I think it's because a stripper reveals the intimate parts only couples really should be seeing. When everybody is seeing what couples should only be seeing then it's not their morality we are questioning, it's their self-worth and what real intimacy means to them . . . ?

I don't know, I'm having a funny five minutes . . .  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/23/08 at 6:40 pm

Lol

For a few minutes I was trying to work out why strippers (male and female) are considered taboo subjects for having a relationship. I don't think it's the morality in itself because stripping doesn't have to equal sex. I think it's because a stripper reveals the intimate parts only couples really should be seeing. When everybody is seeing what couples should only be seeing then it's not their morality we are questioning, it's their self-worth and what real intimacy means to them . . . ?

I don't know, I'm having a funny five minutes . . .  ;D

It's not what they're seeing, but why they're seeing it.

Written By: Bobby on 02/23/08 at 6:49 pm

It's not what they're seeing, but why they're seeing it.

Of course but my 'argument' wasn't aimed at the voyeurs motives (though I have always found it bizarre why men would go somewhere to be aroused and unsatisfied at the same time). My 'argument' was aimed at the perspective of the stripper alone and how I would find it difficult to date one.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/23/08 at 7:47 pm

Of course but my 'argument' wasn't aimed at the voyeurs motives (though I have always found it bizarre why men would go somewhere to be aroused and unsatisfied at the same time). My 'argument' was aimed at the perspective of the stripper alone and how I would find it difficult to date one.

I don't know how I'd feel if I were one. XD

I'd obviously like it, I suppose, if I were willing to become one.

Written By: adagio on 02/23/08 at 8:34 pm

Deep conversation.  I suppose that I always thought that strippers don't have very much self-worthiness, in their own eyes.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/23/08 at 10:35 pm

Deep conversation.  I suppose that I always thought that strippers don't have very much self-worthiness, in their own eyes.

Maybe not, though they're probably confident in their bodies. =/

Written By: adagio on 02/24/08 at 12:11 am

Bodies...yes....but otherwise they probably don't think they're worth anything at all.  Most likely...they think that showing off their bodies is all they're good for.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/24/08 at 12:14 am

Bodies...yes....but otherwise they probably don't think they're worth anything at all.  Most likely...they think that showing off their bodies is all they're good for.

Either that, or they're desperate for money.

Hmm... I should write a story through the eyes of a stripper. I'm sure that'll sell.

But we should be quiet! We never know who on this board is a stripper!

Written By: adagio on 02/24/08 at 12:20 am

That's true, but maybe they want to enter into the conversation?  Tell us stuff we don't really know?

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/24/08 at 12:25 am

Well, I encourage everybody here who is a stripper to do so!

Written By: adagio on 02/24/08 at 12:37 am

Hmm, Dom.....I don't know how to take your last statement.  ::)

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/24/08 at 12:52 am

Hmm, Dom.....I don't know how to take your last statement.   ::)

Unless you're a stripper, you don't have to take it!

My ear hurts, these headphones are murder.

Written By: adagio on 02/24/08 at 12:56 am

Are you listening to music?

Written By: adagio on 02/24/08 at 1:02 am

The kind I use are Logitech, from Best Buy, I believe.  The ones near the tv kill my ears.  I don't know what kind they are.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/24/08 at 1:16 am

I am listening to music!

They wouldn't hurt if I didn't wear glasses... they press the temples against my temples!

Written By: Howard on 02/24/08 at 7:03 am

Yes, well, you'd have to share her, wouldn't you?

Now I'm not feeling low anymore. ;D

Written By: adagio on 02/24/08 at 8:03 am

I am listening to music!

They wouldn't hurt if I didn't wear glasses... they press the temples against my temples!

The same with my headphones in the living room. These headphones that I use for the computer don't hurt, despite the glasses. :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/24/08 at 9:05 am

The same with my headphones in the living room. These headphones that I use for the computer don't hurt, despite the glasses. :)

I bought a new pair back in December, and those have broken already! Now I'm on another pair, and I miss my unharmful ones.

Written By: adagio on 02/24/08 at 9:30 am

Hmmm...too bad.

Written By: Howard on 02/24/08 at 5:12 pm

I'm feeling low maybe I think she might call back just a gut feeling in my stomach. :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 02/24/08 at 5:17 pm

I'm feeling low maybe I think she might call back just a gut feeling in my stomach. :-\\

How long has it been since Robin called you?

Written By: Howard on 02/24/08 at 5:39 pm

How long has it been since Robin called you?

February 12th a few days before Valentine's Day and I promised Robin that I'd make it up to her that weekend(Sunday)because her shift is 9-5 and I worked 12-6 and the time we would see each other would be during the weekend and after that my cell phone has been quiet. :(

Written By: Bobby on 02/24/08 at 5:54 pm

February 12th a few days before Valentine's Day and I promised Robin that I'd make it up to her that weekend(Sunday)because her shift is 9-5 and I worked 12-6 and the time we would see each other would be during the weekend and after that my ceel phone has been quiet. :(

If she hasn't called you back in 12 days, forget about her Howard. If she really wants you (which I am not convinced she does at all) she would have called you by now to make things better.

Written By: adagio on 02/24/08 at 6:00 pm

I bought a new pair back in December, and those have broken already! Now I'm on another pair, and I miss my unharmful ones.

I saw your picture......good looking.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/24/08 at 6:16 pm

I saw your picture......good looking.

Ha, thank you.

Written By: adagio on 02/24/08 at 6:22 pm

Welcome!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/08 at 3:13 am

I am feeling low today, but more will be explained later.

Written By: Howard on 02/25/08 at 7:31 am

If she hasn't called you back in 12 days, forget about her Howard. If she really wants you (which I am not convinced she does at all) she would have called you by now to make things better.

I'm still not quite over her,It's too hard and painful at the moment.If only I could turn back time to make things better than they were before. :(

Written By: adagio on 02/25/08 at 8:43 am

Oh dear  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/08 at 8:45 am

Oh dear  :(
I will (and I promised) explain more later this week, but I have perked up now.

Written By: adagio on 02/25/08 at 9:04 am

Good  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/25/08 at 9:42 am

sending you a karma and warm thoughts, Phillip. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/08 at 9:43 am

sending you a karma and warm thoughts, Phillip. :)
Thank you.

Written By: Bobby on 02/25/08 at 5:47 pm

I'm still not quite over her,It's too hard and painful at the moment.If only I could turn back time to make things better than they were before. :(

You won't be over her yet, Howard. It's only a short period of time since you last spoke. These things take a bit longer than that but, as long as you keep busy, you will feel better and stronger in the long run - honestly. :)

Written By: adagio on 02/25/08 at 7:21 pm

I hate to say anything on this thread. like I feel blue or anything....(ducks).

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/25/08 at 7:45 pm

I hate to say anything on this thread. like I feel blue or anything....(ducks).

... You're encouraged to say whatever you please!

Written By: adagio on 02/25/08 at 7:59 pm

... You're encouraged to say whatever you please!

Look what happened last time...people were cheering me up and I got lambasted by a few!  :(

Is no place safe?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/25/08 at 8:11 pm

It's all Dom's fault

Written By: adagio on 02/25/08 at 8:16 pm

It's all Dom's fault

It isn't Dom...;D.....I hate to say anything anywhere. I just have bad memories from the 3 who got on my case here!

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/25/08 at 8:37 pm

It isn't Dom...;D.....I hate to say anything anywhere. I just have bad memories from the 3 who got on my case here!

Ignore 'em.

Written By: adagio on 02/25/08 at 8:47 pm

Ignore 'em.

easier said than done...they all have more experience here

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/25/08 at 8:48 pm

easier said than done...they all have more experience here

I don't see why that matters! Experience means nothing.

Written By: adagio on 02/25/08 at 8:51 pm

Really?  They DID act like they were in the Mods hip pocket or something.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/25/08 at 8:51 pm

I know it's not his fault & I was teasing Dom, he knows i regard him highly, and even though he's only 16-17 years of age, he's well on his way to being the youngest certified shrink to all us cuckoos  :D

Written By: adagio on 02/25/08 at 8:54 pm

I know it's not his fault & I was teasing Dom, he knows i regard him highly, and even though he's only 16-17 years of age, he's well on his way to being the youngest certified shrink to all us cuckoos  :D

:D I knew...guess I'm in too serious a mood today. :)

Written By: adagio on 02/25/08 at 9:06 pm

I don't see why that matters! Experience means nothing.

Know what I've observed?  For some uneartlly reason, it seems as if I have to either have a problem or try to be hysterically funny for people to talk to me. except for a few of course.

Is Mike trying to get after me? Who wants to be enabled?

I've just got thin-skin today, so just ignore me if you want. :P

Written By: adagio on 02/25/08 at 10:14 pm

If I were you, Mike, I wouldnt hang around here or the feeling blue thread, because people that are feeling low come here and know that Dom will cheer them up. :P

Written By: adagio on 02/25/08 at 10:17 pm

adagio, it's probably just me being insensitive as I can be at times. I'm not getting after you, maybe I'm seeing things wrong, but sometimes it seems as if some people here appear very needy. You may have seen my post a few days ago "What annoys you" and I posted complaining & murmuring people.  I understand if people are alone, lonely and have little social life, but if we've got friends, family, kids, husbands, wives, why are people seeming so lonely and in need. Maybe I'm reading into it too deeply, I don't know, but fact is I'm a guy, probably not very sensitive, unless we know each other well, than I can be very sensitive and interested. It just seems as if there are (what I think are) needy guys and girls around here that need to be picked up emotionally. maybe because I'm not very emotional, I react irritated at people who seem overly emotional. I'm not sure, but I am sorry if I offended you. and feel free to pm me if you wanna chew me out or do it here on this thread, and then when I feel low, I'll look to Dom for help

And did you look at my reply?  Among others I listed insensitive people

Written By: adagio on 02/25/08 at 10:19 pm

Darn..Meat is gone.  He'll be back. ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/25/08 at 10:26 pm

If I were you, Mike, I wouldnt hang around here or the feeling blue thread, because people that are feeling low come here and know that Dom will cheer them up. :P
yeah, I probably shouldn't except that I like to tease and taunt Dom and his clients. J/K  ::) don't you hate it when nice guys like me sometimes reveal their not so nice side  ::)
sorry if i got a little judgemental Pat 

Written By: haleym8826 on 02/25/08 at 11:02 pm

Feeling Low isn't exactly the right phrase for me right now.

Irritated is more like it.

ChuckyG created these boards to entertain us and give us something to do. He didn't say we had to like each other and he didn't say we had to make each other feel better. What goes on in your personal lives goes on and that is none of our business. Some of you come here, wallowing in self pity, and wait for someone to cheer you up. Why don't we just start a thread called Pity Party-All are welcome? If Dom wants to be a nice enough person to do this then that is Dom's choice. Other people, however, don't have to cheer anyone up if they don't want to and just because they don't do so doesn't mean you can call them insensitive and it doesn't mean you can call them out. If anyone is to decide their insensitive then it should be that person, as mike did

adagio, it's probably just me being insensitive as I can be at times....

If you have a problem then you need to go and deal with it yourself because I am pretty sure not many people want to live through the bad times of your life for you. So please if you are going to come to this thread then come, say that your feeling low and wait until someone who is willing to cheer you up cheers you up. If they don't and they offend you in anyway then just ignore them. How much experience they have or how long they have been on these boards have nothing to do with your ability to ignore. If what they said was really that bad then go to a mod. If they tell you that they are 'in the mods hip pocket' or act that way so what. Chance is they are only saying it to scare out of reporting them. As a family member too one of the mods I am pretty sure they won't ignore you just because they are friends with the person you are reporting. If they do then they shouldn't be a mod in the first place.

I think that concludes My speech of the day. Have a goodnight guys.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/25/08 at 11:23 pm

^ Wow!  :o  The student has become the teacher...

Written By: Tia on 02/25/08 at 11:32 pm

^ Wow!  :o  The student has become the teacher...
yeah daz some kickass there 8)

Written By: adagio on 02/25/08 at 11:40 pm

yeah, I probably shouldn't except that I like to tease and taunt Dom and his clients. J/K  ::) don't you hate it when nice guys like me sometimes reveal their not so nice side  ::)
sorry if i got a little judgemental Pat 

That's not a very nice thing to do, Mike.  When a person is feeling bad, the very last thing that they need is taunting from you.

Once you delete that thread, you can be my friend and we can talk over chocolate cake and coffee.  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/26/08 at 1:29 am

That's not a very nice thing to do, Mike.  When a person is feeling bad, the very last thing that they need is taunting from you.

Once you delete that thread, you can be my friend and we can talk over chocolate cake and coffee.  ;D
I tried to tell people here I'm not as nice as they think I am but nobody believed me.  and another thing you'll discover about me is that in trying to be humorous, my timing can be just a little off.  get's me into more trouble here at home than any of you know. and here at the boards too.
cake and coffee works for me, my treat adagio.  8)

ChuckyG created these boards to entertain us and give us something to do. He didn't say we had to like each other and he didn't say we had to make each other feel better. What goes on in your personal lives goes on and that is none of our business. Some of you come here, wallowing in self pity, and wait for someone to cheer you up. Why don't we just start a thread called Pity Party-All are welcome? If Dom wants to be a nice enough person to do this then that is Dom's choice. Other people, however, don't have to cheer anyone up if they don't want to and just because they don't do so doesn't mean you can call them insensitive and it doesn't mean you can call them out. If anyone is to decide their insensitive then it should be that person, as mike did

If you have a problem then you need to go and deal with it yourself because I am pretty sure not many people want to live through the bad times of your life for you. So please if you are going to come to this thread then come, say that your feeling low and wait until someone who is willing to cheer you up cheers you up. If they don't and they offend you in anyway then just ignore them. How much experience they have or how long they have been on these boards have nothing to do with your ability to ignore. If what they said was really that bad then go to a mod. If they tell you that they are 'in the mods hip pocket' or act that way so what. Chance is they are only saying it to scare out of reporting them. As a family member too one of the mods I am pretty sure they won't ignore you just because they are friends with the person you are reporting. If they do then they shouldn't be a mod in the first place.

omg  :o  Son of Tam. that was one heck of a speech, and doggone it, these young kids today are just too friggin smart and should be lawyers because they debate and state their case and argue so well. well spoken Tam's son  8)

Written By: Bobby on 02/26/08 at 5:05 am

Finally, a bit of rationality returns. Well said, SonofTam. :)

k.

Written By: Howard on 02/26/08 at 7:13 am

You won't be over her yet, Howard. It's only a short period of time since you last spoke. These things take a bit longer than that but, as long as you keep busy, you will feel better and stronger in the long run - honestly. :)

I feel a little weak but right now Pathmark,my computer and my Playstation all keep me busy for the moment until I get over her.

Written By: Tia on 02/26/08 at 7:21 am

I feel a little weak but right now Pathmark,my computer and my Playstation all keep me busy for the moment until I get over her.
poor howard lost his girl.  :( now there's someone with some real problems i can sympathize with.

hang in there bro. in any case, playstation rules. :)

Written By: Howard on 02/26/08 at 7:24 am

poor howard lost his girl.  :( now there's someone with some real problems i can sympathize with.

hang in there bro. in any case, playstation rules. :)

My Raw vs.Smackdown 2007 keeps me busy.

Written By: Tia on 02/26/08 at 10:32 am

3? looks like it's more like 7 or 8 now. ;D

Written By: Jessica on 02/26/08 at 10:52 am

3? looks like it's more like 7 or 8 now. ;D

I counted six, but I might be missing some. :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/26/08 at 1:14 pm

...once again, not feeling low. sorry I'm feeling upbeat Dom, I know you're ready and willing to help but I'm not low, I'm up.

Written By: Tia on 02/26/08 at 1:17 pm

i started a new job and i'm in a very good mood. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/26/08 at 1:21 pm

i started a new job and i'm in a very good mood. :)
is it a good job and can you post while at work?

Written By: Tia on 02/26/08 at 1:27 pm

is it a good job and can you post while at work?
so far, and occasionally. :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/26/08 at 1:29 pm

I never had that chance when I was at work.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/26/08 at 1:38 pm

when we first met here, you were posting maniacally from work. you were funny

Written By: Howard on 02/26/08 at 3:37 pm

My Birthday and my first year at Pathmark will be coming up soon so I don't feel that "low". :)

Written By: haleym8826 on 02/26/08 at 6:38 pm

Thank you Tia, Badfinger, Rice, and Bobby. ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/26/08 at 7:22 pm

Alright, everybody -

I am not one to push censorship, but hear me out:

IF YOU'RE FEELING LOW BECAUSE OF SOMETHING SOMEBODY ON THE BOARD SAID, TALK IT OUT WITH THEM VIA PMs RATHER THAN DISCUSS IT ON THIS THREAD.

I have been told that people have been unhappy because of certain recounts of things that have happened. I think it's best to let these things go; and if people seem to have a problem with you, it will go away with respect and the act of forgetting the past. If not, then it's okay - not everybody in life will like you, and that's alright. Just so long as you like yourself!

If there are more complaints, I will have to lock this thread.

... And start up a new one!

Written By: Tia on 02/26/08 at 7:25 pm

^ i think that would probably miss the central point of the exercise, unfortunately, which is not to express emotional sadness but to get attention.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/26/08 at 7:44 pm

^ i think that would probably miss the central point of the exercise, unfortunately, which is not to express emotional sadness but to get attention.

That is true, but it's what I've been told. Anyway, enough speaking about this annnnnnnnd more speaking of cheering up. Yes.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/26/08 at 11:47 pm

when messageboards become more ridiculous than real life. ::)  Don't people realize that if something/someone pisses them off...all they have to do is....turn their computer off. End of story. ;)

Written By: adagio on 02/27/08 at 12:31 am

That is true, but it's what I've been told. Anyway, enough speaking about this annnnnnnnd more speaking of cheering up. Yes.

Let's cheer up in here, huh? ;D

Written By: Tam on 02/27/08 at 12:35 am

Most Definitely!!! 8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/08 at 3:00 am

Feeling better today and there is a good reason why.

Written By: gibbo on 02/27/08 at 5:57 am

Feeling better today and there is a good reason why.

Youo can be sooo cryptic... Okay, I'll bight.... why do you feel better today?? :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/08 at 5:59 am

Youo can be sooo cryptic... Okay, I'll bight.... why do you feel better today?? :)
I, with the family are off to see a musical tonight.

Written By: gibbo on 02/27/08 at 6:16 am

I, with the family are off to see a musical tonight.

Okay...you got me again. What musical? My wife and daughter will be seeing Phantom of the Opera in a couple of weeks. I get to look after the other 3 kids at home because I've already seen it twice (I'd love to go again). :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/08 at 6:17 am

Okay...you got me again. What musical? My wife and daughter will be seeing Phantom of the Opera in a couple of weeks. I get to look after the other 3 kids at home because I've already seen it twice (I'd love to go again). :\'(
It is a mystery for me, my son is organising everything. There will be a meal out too.

Written By: gibbo on 02/27/08 at 6:22 am

It is a mystery for me, my son is organising everything. There will be a meal out too.

Sounds like your whole family is mysterious! Hope you have a really great night out (and don't forget to tell us all the details).

Cheers

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/08 at 6:45 am

Sounds like your whole family is mysterious! Hope you have a really great night out (and don't forget to tell us all the details).

Cheers
The same happened (wife's birthday) last year, then it was an Italian meal and Guys and Dolls.

Written By: Howard on 02/27/08 at 7:55 am

I don't feel low,I'm working and making money.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/08 at 7:56 am

I don't feel low,I'm working and making money.
..so you know how I am feeling now.

Written By: Howard on 02/27/08 at 8:28 am

..so you know how I am feeling now.

Yes I do. ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/08 at 8:32 am

Yes I do. ;)
So a night out for me will do me a world of good.

Written By: Bobby on 02/27/08 at 8:33 am

I feel a bit deflated and trying to work out the best possible way to deal with it.

Written By: Howard on 02/27/08 at 8:33 am

So a night out for me will do me a world of good.

Can I join you?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/08 at 8:34 am

Can I join you?
Virtualy you can.

Written By: Howard on 02/27/08 at 8:34 am

Virtualy youcan.

Where are we going?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/08 at 8:36 am

Where are we going?
In to Central London, for a meal and then a show.

Written By: Howard on 02/27/08 at 8:38 am

In to Central London, for a meal and then a show.

and to meet women?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/08 at 8:41 am

and to meet women?
...yes.

Written By: Howard on 02/27/08 at 8:44 am

...yes.

Great,I'm game.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/08 at 8:45 am

Great,I'm game.
...it is my wife and family.

Written By: Bobby on 02/27/08 at 8:46 am

Lol. I get the impression that wasn't what Howard had in mind . . .

Written By: Howard on 02/27/08 at 8:47 am

Which restaurant?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/08 at 8:57 am

Which restaurant?
My son is organising everything.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/27/08 at 11:55 am

I would LOVE to see Phantom. If I ever get down to Conn. to visit my sister, we are going to take the train to Manhattan to see it while my husband and hers will stay behind. (They don't want to see it-their loss if you ask me.)

Cat

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/27/08 at 3:04 pm

I'm sad today because it's my mom's birthday and i have to work :\'(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/27/08 at 3:34 pm

I feel a bit deflated and trying to work out the best possible way to deal with it.
have you dealt with "it" and are you inflated yet?  ???

Written By: adagio on 02/27/08 at 4:01 pm

Deflated, Mike?  You have family and friends parties and presents!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/27/08 at 4:15 pm

Deflated, Mike?  You have family and friends parties and presents!
that's true, and it's nice to be reminded. no, our friend Bobby said he was deflated so I was checking on him and his day. I'm fortunate to have enjoyed and am still enjoying those things you mentioned.  I'm inflated, really fat, nearly bursting because I am so inflated. 

Written By: Dagwood on 02/27/08 at 4:40 pm

I would LOVE to see Phantom. If I ever get down to Conn. to visit my sister, we are going to take the train to Manhattan to see it while my husband and hers will stay behind. (They don't want to see it-their loss if you ask me.)

Cat

I saw Phantom a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it.  I would love to see it on Broadway.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/27/08 at 4:43 pm

I saw Phantom a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it.  I would love to see it on Broadway.

I just saw the movie-it was ok but I'm sure the play is so much better.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 02/27/08 at 5:17 pm

whoa! CatWomanofV just transformed into her mild-mannered alter-ego! :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/27/08 at 5:21 pm

whoa! CatWomanofV just transformed into her mild-mannered alter-ego! :o

Who you calling mild-mannered?  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: adagio on 02/27/08 at 7:33 pm

that's true, and it's nice to be reminded. no, our friend Bobby said he was deflated so I was checking on him and his day. I'm fortunate to have enjoyed and am still enjoying those things you mentioned.  I'm inflated, really fat, nearly bursting because I am so inflated. 

I see...I'm sorry Bobby, that you feel that way...anything I can do, tell me.

I WAS wondering, Mike, but figured that maybe because the celebration has to end.  You've given me an idea, though.  I was born on T-Day and every 4 years it falls on that day.....I will extend it too...:D

Written By: Bobby on 02/27/08 at 8:05 pm

Awww thanks. :)

No, it's connected to a post I wrote a while back (not connected with any members here). It's a bit of a weird 'got to sort this out by myself thing' but I'll be okay.

You're inflated? Literally or metaphorically? Lol.

Written By: Bobby on 02/27/08 at 8:14 pm

Not really, adagio, but thank you. :)

Written By: adagio on 02/27/08 at 8:41 pm

No, it's connected to a post I wrote a while back (not connected with any members here). It's a bit of a weird 'got to sort this out by myself thing' but I'll be okay.

Mike is.  I'm just silly  :D  Good that your going to be ok. :)

Written By: Bobby on 02/27/08 at 8:43 pm

Mike is.  I'm just silly  :D  Good that your going to be ok. :)

Ha ha, silly is cool. If there was a job going out there asking for a silly person they would turn me down because I'm over qualified, lol.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/27/08 at 8:52 pm

I WAS wondering, Mike, but figured that maybe because the celebration has to end.  You've given me an idea, though.  I was born on T-Day and every 4 years it falls on that day.....I will extend it too...:D
you should extend and draw it out if there is celebrating. Mine is still going, but should end by Sunday after the Saturday night birthday party for my friend and myself. 2weeks long this year, I'm very pleased  :)

literally, just being filled by good things

Written By: adagio on 02/27/08 at 8:54 pm

Ha ha, silly is cool. If there was a job going out there asking for a silly person they would turn me down because I'm over qualified, lol.

LOL...that's funny!

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/27/08 at 9:00 pm

=(

On my birthday, all of my family is doing other things and I'm going to somebody else's party. XD

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/27/08 at 9:02 pm

things could be worse, 7 years ago, on my birthday, we attended Diane's grandmother's funeral. Did I mention  it was on my birthday?

=(

On my birthday, all of my family is doing other things and I'm going to somebody else's party. XD
like in the movie "Sixteen Candles"  :\'( 

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/27/08 at 9:07 pm

things could be worse, 7 years ago, on my birthday, we attended Diane's grandmother's funeral. Did I mention  it was on my birthday?
like in the movie "Sixteen Candles"  :\'( 

:P At least my family remembered.

A funeral would be pretty bad for a birthday celebration - especially if it were your own!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/27/08 at 9:10 pm

:P At least my family remembered.

A funeral would be pretty bad for a birthday celebration - especially if it were your own!
glad they rememeberd and the funeral wasn't so much bad, as it was surreal, like a dream sequence or something, because when it was done, and we went back to the house, they had a cake with candles for me and sang Happy Birthday, I'm talking right after the funeral. that was one of the weirder events in my life  :-\\

Written By: adagio on 02/27/08 at 9:18 pm

=(

When is your birthday?

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/27/08 at 9:27 pm

glad they rememeberd and the funeral wasn't so much bad, as it was surreal, like a dream sequence or something, because when it was done, and we went back to the house, they had a cake with candles for me and sang Happy Birthday, I'm talking right after the funeral. that was one of the weirder events in my life   :-\\

Odd juxtapositions can be hectic on the brain!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/08 at 6:09 am

Which restaurant?
Nando's

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/08 at 6:10 am

Cheers
The musical was Chicago we saw last night.

Written By: Howard on 02/28/08 at 7:45 am

I'm not feeling that low cause my Birthday's coming up next week but I have no girlfriend to celebrate it with. :\'(

Written By: Howard on 02/28/08 at 7:46 am

Lol. I get the impression that wasn't what Howard had in mind . . .

I thought it was a bar.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/08 at 7:48 am

I thought it was a bar.
...it was set as a meal and show. No mention of a bar.

Written By: Howard on 02/28/08 at 7:49 am

...it was set as a meal and show. No mention of a bar.

Ok,Sorry about that.  ;)

Written By: Tia on 02/28/08 at 8:21 am

wouldn't it be a "pub," anyway? :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/08 at 8:22 am

wouldn't it be a "pub," anyway? :D
We had no time to visit a pub last night, we just wanted to just get home afterwards.

Written By: Howard on 02/28/08 at 8:31 am

We had no time to visit a pub last night, we just wanted to just get home afterwards.

Was it time to "hit the hay"?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/08 at 8:32 am

Was it time to "hit the hay"?
The show finish around 10:30pm and we still have to walk to the Underground Station to get us home.

Written By: Howard on 02/28/08 at 8:39 am

The show finish around 10:30pm and we still have to walk to the Underground Station to get us home.

By train?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/08 at 6:47 pm

By train?
The Tube

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/28/08 at 10:59 pm

Ok ... I've got a lot of catching up to do in this thread .... but let me just state for the record ..... having read a certain post .... that I have NEVER blocked anybody on this site .

The PM trunk line is ALWAYS open to anybody who wants to talk to me / discuss things ...

I certainly DO understand that feeling of being so annoyed with somebody .... that hostile silence. For christ sake's or something like that ... (an atheist using the term ?) ... you know ... I'm embarrassed to admit that a few years back .... I was so upset at my own beautiful mother ... that we both passed each other for more than a day in the same house ... without talking to each other !

I'm sure it was something quite petty  ....

Keep the trunk lines open .... I think I read that in a Dale Carnegie book, many many years ago .....

Written By: Howard on 02/29/08 at 8:15 am

I'm not feeling low cause it's my birthday next week. :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/29/08 at 8:57 am

Not feeling low cos it's your birthday next week ?  ???

Hmm....

Now, if I didn't have a birthday this year .... or next year, or the year after (etc;) ...... HEY ! I'd never be older ..... or (presumably die ! / get decrepit etc; etc;)  8) 8)

On the other hand .......  :-\\  ...... no birthday .... How can that be ?  ???  .... I must be dead already !

Yes ..... that old 'catch 22' ....  >:(

Who wants to get old .....  ???

But the alternative ............  :\'(

< Still trying to make up mind. Is he stupid .... or a genius ?    ???  :-\\  :P  ;D  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/29/08 at 9:07 am

Make sure you have candles on your cake.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/29/08 at 11:26 am

Still working my way slowly through this thread / catching up .....

Probably best I bite my lip .... even though I've been known to spit the dummy and let it all out ...

No, I don't feel like stirring up a hornets nest all over again .......

But will agree with you Bobby ......

I always thought the idea was just to have a laugh

Yes ... that's what I 've LARGELY been about / tried to deliver .............  :-X

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/29/08 at 11:45 am

Alright, everybody -

I am not one to push censorship, but hear me out:

IF YOU'RE FEELING LOW BECAUSE OF SOMETHING SOMEBODY ON THE BOARD SAID, TALK IT OUT WITH THEM VIA PMs RATHER THAN DISCUSS IT ON THIS THREAD.

I have been told that people have been unhappy because of certain recounts of things that have happened. I think it's best to let these things go; and if people seem to have a problem with you, it will go away with respect and the act of forgetting the past. If not, then it's okay - not everybody in life will like you, and that's alright. Just so long as you like yourself!

If there are more complaints, I will have to lock this thread.

... And start up a new one!

Well, I agree with THAT one ^

8)

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/29/08 at 11:50 am

Now up to date in this thread !  8)

Yes indeed .... it IS nice weather we're having !  ;D

Written By: adagio on 02/29/08 at 12:40 pm

awwwwk, awwwk awwwk !

Are you a chicken or something?  ;D ;D

No?  ok, by me... 8)

:P

Written By: Bobby on 02/29/08 at 5:37 pm

Still working my way slowly through this thread / catching up .....

Probably best I bite my lip .... even though I've been known to spit the dummy and let it all out ...

No, I don't feel like stirring up a hornets nest all over again .......

But will agree with you Bobby ......

Yes ... that's what I 've LARGELY been about / tried to deliver .............  :-X

I'm not understanding. What 'hornet's nest'?

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/29/08 at 6:39 pm

http://www.impawards.com/1970/posters/hornets_nest.jpg
THAT ^ one !  :-X :\'(

http://images.pictopia.com.edgesuite.net/perl/get_image?provider_id=92&md=2007-11-14%2011:20:57&ptp_photo_id=2775587&size=320x320_mb

Or was it that one ^  ::) (Read all about it ?).  :P  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/01/08 at 8:18 am

Make sure you have candles on your cake.

34 of them.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/08 at 9:04 am

34 of them.
So the cake will not be that large then?

Written By: Howard on 03/01/08 at 7:25 pm

So the cake will not be that large then?

No,A chocolate Ice Cream cake,probably.

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/01/08 at 8:05 pm

Probably means just doesn't want to start a riot!!

Written By: snozberries on 03/01/08 at 9:35 pm

No,A chocolate Ice Cream cake,probably.

but the ice cream will melt from all the candles  ;)

Written By: gibbo on 03/01/08 at 11:18 pm

When I was 12 I ate a candle and washed it down with paint water in art class. Not necessarily recommended for feeling good though.........

Written By: Green Lantern on 03/02/08 at 12:32 am

When I was 12 I ate a candle and washed it down with paint water in art class. Not necessarily recommended for feeling good though.........

Don't you feel uncomfortable everytime you sight 'adagio's avatar ?

Written By: gibbo on 03/02/08 at 12:37 am

Luckily the combo relies on paint water...and alas, I have none.. ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 03/02/08 at 12:46 am

Luckily the combo relies on paint water...and alas, I have none.. ;D

Hey Peter ... congrats on your 100th ..... well .. almost. I'd love to be the one ... but ...

An Error Has Occurred!

:(

Anyhow, I'm sure it'll happen quite shortly !  8)

Written By: adagio on 03/02/08 at 1:10 am

I saw that!!  >:(

Written By: gibbo on 03/02/08 at 1:18 am

I saw that!!  >:(

Don't worry Adagio....Al's comment was aimed at my sad past rather than your illuminating avatar. ;)

Written By: Green Lantern on 03/02/08 at 1:21 am

Don't worry Adagio....Al's comment was aimed at my sad past rather than your illuminating avatar. ;)

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1769/thcandle012di4.gif

.... and a VERY nice avatar it is !  :-* :-* (butters her up !)  ;D

Written By: adagio on 03/02/08 at 1:32 am

You do not understand, gibbo...we joke!

Written By: gibbo on 03/02/08 at 1:35 am

You do not understand, gibbo...we joke!

Heavy sigh...There are soooo many things I don't understand...... :-[ :(

Written By: adagio on 03/02/08 at 1:41 am

How does it feel, Gibbo?  At least I explain. :)

Join the back of the line.

Written By: gibbo on 03/02/08 at 1:43 am

How does it feel, Gibbo?  At least I explain. :)

Join the back of the line.

It's lonely back here  ...at the end of the line. :\'(

Written By: adagio on 03/02/08 at 1:53 am

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/adagio_photos/maxines/Maxine.jpg?t=1204440739

LOL  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 03/02/08 at 1:56 am

Heavy sigh...There are soooo many things I don't understand...... :-[ :(

'gibbo' understands a LOT more than he lets on !  8)

Anything for a quiet life, right Pete ?  (yeah, for 'Pete's sake !'  :P  ;D)

Written By: gibbo on 03/02/08 at 2:02 am

Anything for a quiet life, right Pete ?  (yeah, for 'Pete's sake !'   :P  ;D)

I think I'm literally going MAD!!!! :D

Written By: adagio on 03/02/08 at 2:20 am

Anything for a quiet life, right Pete ?  (yeah, for 'Pete's sake !'   :P  ;D)

I got that the first time he strted to explain thread-whore, then left part of it out,Clyde  ;D :D

Written By: Green Lantern on 03/02/08 at 2:21 am

I think I'm literally going MAD!!!! :D

::)

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3479/madalnews2894bg6.gif
.... and now, the latest 'MAD'  headlines ......

Your current newsreader ......

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2862/madgibbo2894om1.gif

has just been replaced !  :P  :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/02/08 at 2:21 am

has just been replaced !   :P   :D
;D

Written By: gibbo on 03/02/08 at 2:22 am

has just been replaced !   :P   :D

You just made me LOL ;D ;D

Written By: adagio on 03/02/08 at 2:30 am

You just made me LOL ;D ;D

oo...gibbo ...a male...you can understand him!!  ;D

Written By: gibbo on 03/02/08 at 4:03 am

Look out you...I'm back and I'm no longer confused (I think). :-\\ :D ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/02/08 at 6:56 am

So then I won't have candles.

Written By: adagio on 03/02/08 at 9:28 am

Look out you...I'm back and I'm no longer confused (I think). :-\\ :D ;D

What!!??  You mean I have no long-term lasting effect? 

I must be slipping.  :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/02/08 at 3:36 pm

You chauvanist pig!

Written By: adagio on 03/02/08 at 3:39 pm

You chauvanist pig!

:)...who...me?

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/02/08 at 3:40 pm

:)...who...me?

Are you chauvanist?

Are you a pig?

Ask yourself these questions, and then decide.

Written By: adagio on 03/02/08 at 3:47 pm

Are you chauvanist?

Are you a pig?

no and no, so it must be gibbo.  :)

Written By: Howard on 03/02/08 at 5:55 pm

Are you chauvanist?

Are you a pig?

Then what would be the name for a female chauvanist pig? ???

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/02/08 at 6:00 pm

Chauvanist pig.

Written By: Tia on 03/02/08 at 6:31 pm

what's the name for a spelling chauvinist pig? :P

Written By: Howard on 03/02/08 at 6:37 pm

I don't know.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/08 at 6:37 pm

Chauvanist pig.

piglet?

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/02/08 at 8:03 pm

Chauvinist Pig.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/08 at 5:28 am

Chauvinist Sow

Written By: Howard on 03/03/08 at 7:55 am

Chauvinist Sow

or a Chauvinist Piglet?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/08 at 7:56 am

or a Chauvinist Piglet?
A piglet can still be any gender.

NEXT PAGE: The "I'm Feeling Low" Thread.

Check for new replies or respond here...