inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: looking for info on "sugar babies" stuffed animals, pic or otherwise
Written By: Piggyback on 04/22/04 at 12:40 am

I'm trying to locate a stuffed animal from my childhood but can't remember anything more than it was a gray cat that had a stuffed body but solid rubber face, hands and feet (like a Monchhichi but not a monkey). It was small, probably no more than 8" high.

I looked at the 80's toy list & found "Sugar Babies" listed but there is no picture available for me to see if that is what I'm looking for. I can't find anything through search engines either. I do not know the manufacturer or anything. It was around the early 80's that I had it so it's possible it's from the late 70's too.

Can anyone help me out with some info?
Subject: Re: looking for info on "sugar babies" stuffed animals, pic or otherwise
Written By: isaiah on 03/24/05 at 3:30 pm

monchichi has a gray kitten with pink in the ears, maybe this is what you're looking for! Have you seen a monchichi-like raccoon with black stripes and ears? The raccoon also sucks it's toes and thumbs, probably early 80s. my girlfriend is about to pass out looking for it!
Subject: Re: looking for info on "sugar babies" stuffed animals, pic or otherwise
Written By: danootaandme on 03/24/05 at 6:16 pm

The only  Sugar Babies I know about were candies.  The were soft round caramel drops that came in a
bag.  They were a candy version of the Sugar Daddy lollipop.
Written By: Piggyback on 03/27/05 at 8:56 pm

monchichi has a gray kitten with pink in the ears, maybe this is what you're looking for! Have you seen a monchichi-like raccoon with black stripes and ears? The raccoon also sucks it's toes and thumbs, probably early 80s. my girlfriend is about to pass out looking for it!

=====================================

This could be it, but have you seen a picture of it somewhere so I can verify if this is it? Even better if you know where I could buy it. I thought it was monchichi but I haven't seen any but monkeys. I never even knew they made a raccoon but I bet it's adorable! Let me know if there is any more info you can provide and I will let you know if I come across the raccoon. Thanks much!