inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Care Bears and other 80's toys
Written By: Travolta on 05/09/04 at 9:07 am

If anyone has any Care Bears or anything resembling a Care Bear I might be interested in purchasing them. Even if you think…“humm is this a Care Bear or not?” please let me know. There are a number of knock offs of special editions so they may not all look like you remember. Please provide photos if possible. Thanks! :)

I’m also interested in other 80’s toys like Rainbow Brite, Rose Petal Place, Wuzzles, Jem and the Holograms, My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake to name a few. ;)
Subject: Re: Care Bears and other 80's toys
Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/09/04 at 10:32 am

If anyone has any Care Bears or anything resembling a Care Bear I might be interested in purchasing them. Even if you think…“humm is this a Care Bear or not?” please let me know. There are a number of knock offs of special editions so they may not all look like you remember. Please provide photos if possible. Thanks! :)

I’m also interested in other 80’s toys like Rainbow Brite, Rose Petal Place, Wuzzles, Jem and the Holograms, My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake to name a few. ;)

Sorry Travolta but most of my kids' toys are long gone.  Good Luck though ;)
Written By: moonbaby345 on 05/09/04 at 12:55 pm

Hi,I have The Rainbow Brite puppy and a orange RB sprite.I also have other 80's toys including a baby turtle keyper with brush,Snugglebum's pet pink dinosaur,pretty pets cat,Cabbage Patch dolls,kosa,Cabbage Patch show pony,a bank popple and more!email me at angeleyes24_44107@yahoo.com
Written By: pseudodragon on 05/11/04 at 3:56 pm

Hi,

I have some RBB dolls and sprites, Troll dolls (25), a plush care bear and some other care bears stuff, a hugga bunch doll, an interactive Grubby (from Teddy Ruxpin), and lots more stuff.  I have lots of books (cabbage patch, Teddy Ruxpin, muppet babies, fraggle rock, transformers, go bots, etc), a few games (My Little Pony, Care Bears, Holly Hobbie, etc), and even a few videos. 

Here's a picture of the RBB stuff.  The yellow mini-sprite has been sold, but everything else is still available.  Yes, I know that Rainbow and Red are cross-dressing.  I'll get those switched out.

Please make an offer on one or all of the above and I can try to get you a more thorough list (and maybe some more pictures) later.  If you have a specific want list, please send that along, too.  My email is pseudodragon_2 (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Thanks!
Gary

p.s.
Anyone else reading this post can email me their requests at the above email address.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/04 at 12:19 pm

Try here  http://www.dollsntoys.com/index.htm

Cat
Written By: carville3 on 12/13/04 at 3:19 am

Hi,

I have some RBB dolls and sprites, Troll dolls (25), a plush care bear and some other care bears stuff, a hugga bunch doll, an interactive Grubby (from Teddy Ruxpin), and lots more stuff.  I have lots of books (cabbage patch, Teddy Ruxpin, muppet babies, fraggle rock, transformers, go bots, etc), a few games (My Little Pony, Care Bears, Holly Hobbie, etc), and even a few videos. 

Here's a picture of the RBB stuff.  The yellow mini-sprite has been sold, but everything else is still available.  Yes, I know that Rainbow and Red are cross-dressing.  I'll get those switched out.

Please make an offer on one or all of the above and I can try to get you a more thorough list (and maybe some more pictures) later.  If you have a specific want list, please send that along, too.  My email is pseudodragon_2 (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Thanks!
Gary

p.s.
Anyone else reading this post can email me their requests at the above email address.

Hello, i am wondering, how much does the teddy ruxpin cost? its the one that talks correct? please get back to me, thanks!
Written By: pseudodragon on 12/15/04 at 1:14 am

Hi,

I would like $20 + postage for the Grubby interactive doll.  Please email me if you're interested.

Thanks!
Gary
Written By: michele on 11/03/05 at 5:56 pm

I have  a 1985 wedding fantasy barbie with stand a baby heather doll a cricket doll teddy ruxpin grubby Alf two cabbage patch dolls baby alive
Written By: karen on 11/04/05 at 8:24 am

Someone at work was just saying they had a Care BEar they might be interested in selling.  They can't remember the name of it but it's peachy/orangey in colour and has a picture of an ice cream on its tummy.
Written By: Hiccup7up1 on 11/06/05 at 9:59 am

I have a whole store full of lots of 1980s toys.  www.TWICEissoNICE.com