inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: I Need Help Finding Out More About This PSA
Written By: rubixKubrick on 05/28/04 at 9:11 pm

As a child in the late 80s, I recall an anti-drugs PSA where a group of "hoodlums" I guess were walking down a shadowy street and as they enter the shadows you hear their voices suddenly change and upon coming back into the light (after doing the drugs I guess) their leader -the more verbal one- was a snake-like creature, sort of  a half-man half snake.  Does anyone else remember this?  I feel like I'm going crazy because my friend that I saw it with -who was petrified with me at the time that we saw it- has no recollection of it.  I just want information on it, or accounts from people who remember it, or maybe if someone can actually locate the piece via internet or archives or whatever -a reward is being offered.

thanks.

-m.g.
Subject: Re: I Need Help Finding Out More About This PSA
Written By: BlaznFattyz on 05/28/04 at 11:16 pm

were you stoned when you saw this?  :o
Written By: zcrito on 05/29/04 at 12:12 am

I remember it, but vaguely. ???

Is this it...?

**web link has been removed for now**

(it's down the page a ways)

;) ;D

Written By: berkley98 on 05/29/04 at 11:52 am

I remember it, but vaguely. ???

Is this it...?

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/664.html

(it's down the page a ways)

;) ;D

FYI...when I clicked on the link (which may not have been so bright in the first place) my virus scanner popped up and told me I had downloaded a Trojan downloader and to run a scan.  I did so and it found and removed Trojan horse downloader.small.5.D

Anyone else have this happen?

berk
Written By: zcrito on 05/29/04 at 12:24 pm

Thanks for the info Berkley98.

Yes it has an odd name "x_entertainment.com", but it just lists some old PSA commercials.

I'm not sure how a virus can be placed on a PC by selecting a Web page, they usually infect a PC by someone running a separate macro or executable. The web page may be putting something odd in its web page cookie.

Anyway, I'll edit the post and remove the link till I can check it out or find something better...

Thanks, again.

:) ;)
Written By: zcrito on 05/29/04 at 8:13 pm

Well I went to x-entertainment.com's Web page again to have it do whatever it may do, and then ran McAfee Security's Free Scan virus scan and followed that with a Lavasoft Ad-aware 6 scan. Nothing bad found by both.

The problem may be with the security settings on some Web browsers. I'm using IE version 6.0 and its Security Level is set to Medium. Level High is too high for most sites (like this one) and anything below Medium is way,way too low. Below Medium is bad.

:)