inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: M C Hammer Pants
Written By: bonds999 on 06/08/04 at 7:17 pm

This may be a strange request, but I don't care.  I am looking for a place to purchase a pair, or more, of the classic 80's M C Hammer pants.  Does anyone know of a place?  Thank you for your help.
Subject: Re: M C Hammer Pants
Written By: Kasey on 06/08/04 at 10:09 pm

Try ebay
Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/08/04 at 10:22 pm

Hammer's selling all his pants on Ebay to raise funds for his next CD:

'80s MC Hammer pants:
Laundered: $75.00
Unlaundered: $325.00

Can't touch this!
:P
Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/08/04 at 10:44 pm

Please tell me it's for a costume party ;D  Good god, those things were nasty!  However, if you do wear them you MUST learn to do "the running man" dance. 
Written By: bonds999 on 06/09/04 at 7:58 pm

Thank you all for your responses.

It's not for a costume party, but it is for a joke.  We have been trying to talk my boss into jeans day of Fridays, but he won't budge.  We finally got him drunk and he said that the women could wear capri pants if the guys wore MC Hammer parachute pants.  So I was going to wear a pair to work to see his reaction.

I tried searching on eBay, but couldn't find the MC parachute pants.  I found Ambercrombe & Finch and a couple other name brand modern pants made out of parchute material, or some Sh#t like that.

Now if MC is selling his wears on Ebay, he better advertise better.  In any case, I refuse to pay $75 for joke.

Does anyone have anymore suggestions.

Thanks.
Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/09/04 at 10:24 pm

It's not for a costume party, but it is for a joke.  We have been trying to talk my boss into jeans day of Fridays, but he won't budge.  We finally got him drunk and he said that the women could wear capri pants if the guys wore MC Hammer parachute pants.  So I was going to wear a pair to work to see his reaction.

I tried searching on eBay, but couldn't find the MC parachute pants.  I found Ambercrombe & Finch and a couple other name brand modern pants made out of parchute material, or some Sh#t like that.

Now if MC is selling his wears on Ebay, he better advertise better.  In any case, I refuse to pay $75 for joke.

Thanks.

The only other thing I can think of is to make a pair :-X  Seriously, I don't think it would be too hard.  Just get some elastic for the waist & about 7000 yards of material. :P

Written By: Hairspray on 06/10/04 at 3:55 pm

Go to any of the "Salvation Army" stores and check out the "Goodwill Industries" stores as well. Both of these chains sell used donated clothes which are in decent condition for next to nothing. I have found a few original gems which qualify as "retro" today. 8)
Written By: Kings on 09/07/04 at 7:51 pm

I'm willing to pay almost anything for MC Hammer pants...  I can't find them on ebay...  can anyone help?>
Written By: Tim on 09/12/04 at 2:37 am

I found a bunch of pants that are supposed to be for belly dancers and they kind of work.
Written By: RS on 10/12/04 at 4:47 pm

This may be a strange request, but I don't care.  I am looking for a place to purchase a pair, or more, of the classic 80's M C Hammer pants.  Does anyone know of a place?  Thank you for your help.

I don't know if you are still look for MC Hammer Pants but i found a pair in my parents closet that have been there since the 80's.  If you want them I'm sure we could figure something out.
Written By: hansel on 10/14/04 at 9:37 am

yehaaa
i need them!! mc hammer at halloween!! hehe

does anyone know where to get these kind of jackets from he used to wear??
Written By: ben kirsch on 10/17/04 at 8:55 pm

ya im insane for the UFOS but i want a pair like hammers man and i looked on ebay and they have those tight ass ones but im not ganna wear those i was the ones he wearing in dont touch this... and ill pay up to like 200$ cuz they are beast if i have to pay more i sapose i will...
Written By: Anon on 10/20/04 at 8:47 pm

I found a site with a lot of vintage clothing including "breakdance pants" which come close to hammerpants.  Here's a link.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/vintagepimp1/pants.html
Written By: Mich on 10/21/04 at 2:41 pm

8) MC Hammer lives near me. I know a woman who makes his clothing. Maybe she can help.
Written By: allen on 10/30/04 at 2:48 pm

yeah mich you got anymore info about that lady that makes hammers clothes? i really want some of thiose pants from the can't touch this video
Written By: random guest on 11/03/04 at 12:45 pm

Came across this thread whilst searching for some parachute pants for a joke on a friend (Honest!)

http://store.yahoo.com/parachutepants

would you believe :P

Hope this helps
Written By: maki on 12/01/04 at 11:24 am

Honestly, for all the people that claimed to have worn MC Hammer pants, I wouldn't have thought they would be so hard to find.  My 15 year-old has requested a pair for Christmas cuz he thinks they're 'cool.'  I've been surfing for a couple of hours and can't find anything.  Maybe MC should start his own retro clothing company............

I'll have to hit the Goodwill!

Written By: Hammertime on 12/01/04 at 10:35 pm

Found this while looking for M.C. Hammer parachute pants. Anyone have them? I'm going to need them for my career.
Written By: Icemaidnrebix on 12/02/04 at 3:47 pm

I used to have this really weird all-in-one Pajama suit which buttoned up the front like an adult babygrow, about 13 years ago now.  I used have a laugh with my friend and put it on over my trousers (pants to you guys) and button it at the waist, so it looked just like MC Hammer's ballloon parachute pants,then I used to go in a Hammer-like voice "oh, yo, I'm Hammer!" and do the Hammer dance and we'd both just crack up laughing with tears streaming down our faces.  Those were the days
Written By: Hammertime on 12/13/04 at 10:57 pm

I used to have this really weird all-in-one Pajama suit which buttoned up the front like an adult babygrow, about 13 years ago now.  I used have a laugh with my friend and put it on over my trousers (pants to you guys) and button it at the waist, so it looked just like MC Hammer's ballloon parachute pants,then I used to go in a Hammer-like voice "oh, yo, I'm Hammer!" and do the Hammer dance and we'd both just crack up laughing with tears streaming down our faces.  Those were the days

Do you still have some? I really need them. I mean how can you be Hammer without the pants?
Written By: ethan m on 12/17/04 at 4:18 pm

>:(
I'm getting mad now. i cannot find any hammer pants, not even on ebay! surely there must be some somewhere! anyone who knows where to get a pair for a reasonable price please write in. ta
Written By: Despair on 01/20/05 at 10:38 pm

http://www.sunvalley.com.hk/Pants.htm

Try there, model number 332194, tell me what you think.

Written By: ethan m on 02/06/05 at 12:33 pm

thanks despair, but thats not quite the hammer style he wore in 'cant touch this' im sure they were velvet but im not quite sure
Written By: SwiftStorm on 02/22/05 at 9:13 pm

Please tell me it's for a costume party ;D  Good god, those things were nasty!  However, if you do wear them you MUST learn to do "the running man" dance. 

<h1>HOW DO U DO THAT "RUNNING MAN" DANCE...E-MAIL ME IF YOU KNOW...I REALLY WANT TO KNOW....BADLY</h1>
Subject: Re: M C Hammer Pants - RUNNING MAN EBAY AUCTION
Written By: Adam on 03/07/05 at 11:54 am

Take a look at my auction, bid, and you may have a chance to see me do the Running Man for 60 Seconds!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5961169344

Awesome forum btw!

-Adam
Written By: nadine on 03/14/05 at 7:10 pm

I hope this helps!  Check out pattern 4788.

http://www.simplicity.com/index.cfm?cat=4&type=19&sec=0&id=59&startrow=1
Written By: Philip Eno on 03/17/05 at 1:35 pm

MC Hammer pants, yes he was quite bad!
Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/09/05 at 11:14 pm

Has anyone ever noticed that this topic is being viewed EVERYDAy...mainly by a guest....I don't know....it just seems odd to me

~Beth
Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/29/05 at 5:07 pm

I hope you intend to dance around like MC Hammer when you're wearing them mind you!!
Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/08/05 at 5:14 pm

Has anyone ever noticed that this topic is being viewed EVERYDAy...mainly by a guest....I don't know....it just seems odd to me

~Beth

OMG this is sooo Twilight Zone - I'd seen that too  :o
Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/08/05 at 7:50 pm

OMG this is sooo Twilight Zone - I'd seen that too  :o

Are you serious?!?!  :o

I mean, it's not that great of a topic!!!

~Beth
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/11/05 at 11:25 am

ya...me too...

everyday I happen to look to see who is posting....this topic is always being viewed.....that is so strange...

it's usually viewed by a guest....but nobody really posts in it! LOL!

Erin :)
Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/19/05 at 5:01 pm

RIGHT.  Own up, who is it that keeps checking this post out constantly!!  ;D
Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/19/05 at 5:04 pm

RIGHT.  Own up, who is it that keeps checking this post out constantly!!   ;D

Those creepy guests....

~Beth :o
Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/19/05 at 5:09 pm

Those creepy guests....

~Beth :o

..they're doing it right now - weirdos 
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/19/05 at 5:17 pm

I know....what is the fascination with MC Hammer pants.....gosh....all they were to me is a lot of extra material...totally NOT necessary.

Erin  ;D
Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/19/05 at 5:52 pm

..they're doing it right now - weirdos 

And NOW

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US!!!, YOU FIENDS!!!!

~Beth
Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/19/05 at 5:55 pm

I'm willing to pay almost anything for MC Hammer pants...  I can't find them on ebay...  can anyone help?>

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! I'LL FLIPPING MAKE YOU A PAIR!!!!

AHHHHHH!!!

~bETH
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/19/05 at 6:20 pm

Ok...I just checked and 3...yes I said 3 guests were viewing this topic....

it even said that one of them was POSTING in this thread...but when I looked....NOTHING

I don't understand this one bit!!!!!!!!!!!

Erin:)
Written By: Climber on 05/19/05 at 9:33 pm

Maybe now they're doing it on purpose!  :D
Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/19/05 at 9:39 pm

Maybe now they're doing it on purpose!   :D

I think you're on to something....

Stop it GUESTS just STOP!!

We are ON to YOU!! The Jigg is UP, sucka's

~Beth
Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/22/05 at 10:56 pm

AGAIN!!!!
Written By: Philip Eno on 05/23/05 at 1:43 am

Are the pants on sell again?
Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/25/05 at 7:40 am

AGAIN!!!!

S-P-O-O-K-Y

2 guests are checking it out now!!
Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/25/05 at 1:40 pm

S-P-O-O-K-Y

2 guests are checking it out now!!

Dear God. I think we have a scandal of some sort on our hands.

Dear "Guests",

STOP. IT.

Thank you for your time,
~Beth
Written By: Climber on 05/25/05 at 4:03 pm

Dear God. I think we have a scandal of some sort on our hands.

Dear "Guests",

STOP. IT.

Thank you for your time,
~Beth

Hey Beth!  I think they're on now to read what you guys are posting!  It's probably the same few people...
;D :D
Written By: Philip Eno on 05/25/05 at 4:09 pm

Alternatively, how many pants did MC Hammer have?
Written By: Climber on 05/26/05 at 12:50 am

Alternatively, how many pants did MC Hammer have?

He always had on a different pair, didn't he?
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/26/05 at 9:58 am

those were some crazy pants weren't they???

Written By: Climber on 05/26/05 at 10:34 pm

those were some crazy pants weren't they???

In that picture, that pair looks like a skirt.  ;D
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/26/05 at 10:43 pm

I know...the pantlegs were freakin' HUGE!!

LOL

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/01/05 at 1:35 pm

Creeeepy bastards!!!!!!
Written By: annamommynous on 06/09/05 at 8:03 pm

Ok, I was a guest. But I just recently became obsessed with MC Hammer pants. I want them. In high school I had a pattern for them. In the 90's I tossed it. Now, I want it back. Seriously.
Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/09/05 at 8:08 pm

Ok, I was a guest. But I just recently became obsessed with MC Hammer pants. I want them. In high school I had a pattern for them. In the 90's I tossed it. Now, I want it back. Seriously.

Did you check Ebay? ::shrugs::

~Beth
Written By: annamommynous on 06/09/05 at 8:56 pm

I checked ebay. I don't know the pattern co. or the number. I remember sewing them and it was very easy - I could figure out the pattern.

Claim to fame: when MC Hammer played the "Oil Palace" (the hot and only venue in my East Texas hometown - rodeos, concerts and high school grad ceremonies), the costume designer purchased fabric at the local fabric store to make a pair for McHammer himself! Too legit!

Did you check Ebay? ::shrugs::

~Beth
Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/09/05 at 8:58 pm

Where would you wear them to??

~Beth
Written By: no name on 06/09/05 at 9:16 pm

Where would you wear them to??

~Beth

Any and every where!
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/09/05 at 10:52 pm

Any and every where!

wow..that's different...I haven't seen anyone wear MC Hammer pants in YEARS!

Written By: Kuoven the Kool-Oven on 06/17/05 at 12:51 am

Im 16 years old and im just begging my mom for the ones they have on www.parachute-pants.com. The only thing is I asked the sales representative there, and he said that the "Style" that MC Hammer wore were "bright, cotton" colors, whereas the ones on that website are Panno D'Ors and are Custom Made for same guy. This explains why they dont look exactly like MC Hammers. BUT take this into consideration....The UFO style actually qualifies for Wide-Legged Pants, not Parachute. www.wikipedia.com then type Parachute Pants, youll see that the style that is baggy at the thighs, but skinny at the ankles, is the correct style of Parachute Pants. And if any of you played Tekken 5, youll see that Lee Chaolan's 3rd Costume resembles Parachute Pants, even though the first thing that came through my mind was Nazi Germany Officer Uniforms. Go Tekken 5  ::)
Written By: travis on 06/22/05 at 11:01 pm

ya im looking to i cant find the ones i want i tried ebay but its not like mc hammers pants im not a big fan of him but i really want the pants
Written By: travis on 06/22/05 at 11:04 pm

I don't know if you are still look for MC Hammer Pants but i found a pair in my parents closet that have been there since the 80's.  If you want them I'm sure we could figure something out.

ya idk if he wants them but if they look likem mc hammers then i would like them if they r in good condition
Written By: travis on 06/22/05 at 11:12 pm

<h1>HOW DO U DO THAT "RUNNING MAN" DANCE...E-MAIL ME IF YOU KNOW...I REALLY WANT TO KNOW....BADLY</h1>
    explain it cuz it sounds familiar to somthing i can do
Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/05 at 2:05 am

ya im looking to i cant find the ones i want i tried ebay but its not like mc hammers pants im not a big fan of him but i really want the pants
May be the pair of trousers you wish to purchase are just not available for sale!
Written By: Mr. C on 06/29/05 at 11:20 am

I'd like to get my hands on a pair.
Written By: Grant on 07/08/05 at 1:12 am

I found a box of them in the gym i work at. They are white and black (like all crazy lines mixed black and white color AKA: LOUD looking). Anyways they dared me to wear them at work (i did and it was a great convo starter lol). We got 2 boxes of them brand new with the golds gym name and logo on the waist band. Email me if u want to buy some deluxe185@aol.com
Written By: Hammer Fan on 07/22/05 at 6:40 pm

anyone who says that Mc hammer is coming out with a new album is BS
take a look at this link
http://www.weht.net/WEHT/M.C._Hammer.html
now he only does gospel and stuff he's gone all religous

Written By: dedredhed on 08/02/05 at 1:34 pm

If anyone wants Hammer pants, I can make them custome. www.idesofmarchcostume.com
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/02/05 at 7:27 pm

just a real quick question......who would seriously wear these things?  I mean, wear them out in public....sporting them with pride...who i ask? WHO?

Written By: mr.creepyguest on 08/17/05 at 3:36 am

:oI am NOT creepy, you hear me!!! I am NOT!! /cry /goesinthecornerandsniffs
Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/17/05 at 3:23 pm

:oI am NOT creepy, you hear me!!! I am NOT!! /cry /goesinthecornerandsniffs

Awwwww, it's Otay, Mr. Cweepy guest. There There *pats your head*

Beth
Written By: Mr.Not Creepy Guest on 08/18/05 at 6:40 am

:-[ alrighty then =P, and I was just wondering, does anyone have any parachute pants that AREN'T modified versions? The person with some in his parent's closet, they are sort of modified, anyone have any the expand at the thigh like MC Hammer's did in 'U Can't Touch This'?
Thanks.. Btw, my name won't be Mr.creepy or not creepy guest anymore, Ima make it tremorx21, that's my email. well, the first part of it. alrighty.
Written By: (I'mregistering,woooo) on 08/18/05 at 6:45 am

Btw. If you didn't bother to check what my email was or you need it to contact me, please to do, it's tremorx21@gmail.com. thanks guys =D (this is Tremorx21..... LOL)
Written By: Tremorx21 on 08/18/05 at 6:51 am

;D ;D ;D Hey all, just registered, so now I'm not a creepy guest! WooooO! =D E-mail if you have MC Hammer style Parachute Pants, thank you  :D
Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/18/05 at 6:54 am

;D ;D ;D Hey all, just registered, so now I'm not a creepy guest! WooooO! =D E-mail if you have MC Hammer style Parachute Pants, thank you  :D
Now you're a creepy member.  :D :D :D
Written By: Tremorx21 on 08/18/05 at 7:03 am

:D Yeh, hehe.. What's goin' on man, no one else is on ><
Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/18/05 at 7:05 am

:D Yeh, hehe.. What's goin' on man, no one else is on ><
It's called 5-8am in America.  :-\\

Always dead at this hour.
Written By: Tremorx21 on 08/18/05 at 7:10 am

;D I'm in America too! Lol.. I thought eveyone got up this early??? Lol.. :o
Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/18/05 at 11:00 am

Whoooo!!!!

Now you're a creepy member. :D :D :D

Yeah, Totally!! Now you're one of us!  :D

Beth
Written By: Tremorx21 on 08/18/05 at 11:01 am

:D  :D  :D  :o wooooooooooooooooooo =D
Written By: MiniDonut on 09/08/05 at 12:11 am

I want Mc hammer pants......
Written By: whistledog on 09/08/05 at 1:38 am

I want Mc hammer pants......

Just as long as MC's Hammer isn't in them  ;D
Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/19/06 at 6:09 am

Been over 120 days since it's last post, yet it's still popular with the guests.  ::)
Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/06 at 6:16 am

Been over 120 days since it's last post, yet it's still popular with the guests.  ::)
Seems to view this thread only not to reply.
Written By: Rupert on 05/16/06 at 4:22 pm

You haven't got what mc hammer had so don't sit there slagging him off  like you are better,  He was robbed by his producer, if tupac was alive today he would be skint too.  Mc hammer was worth sixty odd million at one stage.  How much was you worth at any stage "mr i am better than anyone else!?"

Shut your skoint mouth little man!!

Thanks.
Written By: MrPoopyGuest on 06/13/06 at 1:27 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Danananana Can't touch this :D. Oh My I Seem To  Have Touched MC Hammer WHATS HE GONNA DO??

exactly
Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/13/06 at 5:18 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Danananana Can't touch this :D. Oh My I Seem To  Have Touched MC Hammer WHATS HE GONNA DO??

exactly

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, what?
Written By: nally on 06/13/06 at 6:24 pm

So this is the thread that's gotten a lot of viewing traffic, huh?? :o :o
Written By: Philip Eno on 06/14/06 at 12:20 am

Yes
Written By: bobby on 08/15/06 at 8:33 pm

there was some on ebay i sall them today
Written By: Philip Eno on 08/16/06 at 12:45 am

there was some on ebay i sall them today
Bobby is that you?
Subject: Re: I like to move it--oops, wrong thread!
Written By: nally on 08/19/06 at 1:03 am

Bobby is that you?

No I think that's a lurker. Different person.
Written By: Philip Eno on 08/19/06 at 1:07 am

No I think that's a lurker. Different person.
Tis a pity.
Written By: Mikey J. on 11/17/06 at 3:54 pm

Look at the website www.bolinat.com.  Click on Thai Fisherman's pants and then on Aladdin pants.  They have some fabulous Turkish style baggy pants for sale in all colors.  I have several pair I purchased while stationed in Turkey and I still wear them.  Best of luck!  Mikey J.
Written By: nally on 11/18/06 at 12:14 am

Tis a pity.

Yes, the real Bobby is never comin' back. :-[ :\'(
Written By: whistledog on 03/19/07 at 12:44 pm

Can we still move it in M C Hammer's Pants?
Written By: nally on 03/19/07 at 12:46 pm

Can we still move it in M C Hammer's Pants?

Did you see a Guest viewing this thread? ;D
Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/07 at 12:47 pm

Missed it!
Written By: nally on 03/19/07 at 12:54 pm

Missed it!

I just happened to notice this thread was bumped up, that's all.
Written By: whistledog on 03/19/07 at 2:34 pm

No, I was actually googling MC Hammer, and this was one of the results :D
Written By: nally on 03/19/07 at 2:35 pm

No, I was actually googling MC Hammer, and this was one of the results :D

Wow! I'll be ding donged! :o
Written By: invincimom on 05/09/07 at 2:04 pm

Thanks.

you could go to his blog and ask him yourself.  I'm sure if anyone would know how to get them, he would.
Subject: We're still looking for his darn pants.
Written By: spaceace on 05/09/07 at 2:19 pm

you could go to his blog and ask him yourself.  I'm sure if anyone would know how to get them, he would.

I'm sure they're a bad memory to him. :P
Subject: Re: We're still looking for his darn pants.
Written By: nally on 05/09/07 at 11:01 pm

Really? Why would you think that?? ???
Subject: Re: We're still looking for his darn pants.
Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/07 at 1:44 am

His pants may hold wonderful memories for him.