inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: 80's Candies
Written By: frank on 06/09/04 at 4:12 pm

This may sound dumb but has anyone else heard of the Willy Wonka candies from the 80's called Punky's? ...
They were my favourite candy growing up and yet i can't find them anywhere?!
Subject: Re: 80's Candies
Written By: cheryl on 06/13/04 at 1:31 am

check out www.hometownfavorites.com.

they have lots of retro & decade candy & foods.
Written By: matt on 12/30/04 at 8:56 pm

i to indeed love punky's and can't find them
Written By: Jaclyn on 02/18/05 at 3:04 am

What about slushpuppy bubble gum??  anyone know where i could find some of that?? 
thanks 
Written By: bunnypeep on 03/26/05 at 10:18 am

Also try www.oldtimecandy.com
Written By: guidesunlimited on 03/29/05 at 11:07 am

This may sound dumb but has anyone else heard of the Willy Wonka candies from the 80's called Punky's? ...

Try looking at Target Stores.....they have started a section of the candy isle that includes many of the old classics!  You will find many of them there.
Written By: Brittany on 03/31/05 at 9:23 pm

What about slushpuppy bubble gum??   anyone know where i could find some of that?? 
thanks 

If you find where to get some please let me know I've looked everywhere?  Thanks alot!!!!
Written By: Spike on 07/28/05 at 11:28 pm

I have looked all over to find these things, anyone see them
Written By: Renee Hooker on 08/20/05 at 9:41 pm

I was just looking to see if I could find anything about Punky's I loved them as well and would love to get some. let me know if you have any luck!Please!!
Written By: adriana on 09/01/05 at 2:48 am

they were my favorite, too! i found some in canada about 10 years ago, but haven't seen them since. they were made by willy wonka, the same company that makes nerds
Written By: mamabop on 11/29/05 at 10:45 pm

I can't find the Big Mouth Gum Suckers anywhere....anyone remember those? I've tried a bunch of online candy sites with no luck. I'd love to suprise my sister for Christmas with a box.
Written By: Yankee on 11/30/05 at 10:05 am

The Food Channel did a show on retro candies, go to their site and search it...you'll be surprised.I found Marathon Bars through them!
Written By: Richelle on 03/21/06 at 7:18 pm

I am also looking for Punky's in Vancouver, I can't find them anywhere!!! Has anyone heard of "pow Wow" bubble gum? It has sour crystals in the centre...it was good yummy!
Written By: Dominic L. on 03/22/06 at 3:37 pm

Wouldn't candy from the '80s be expired?  :D