inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Forenza Cargo Pants and Pocket Pants
Written By: Greg on 06/10/04 at 4:02 pm

Hi,

My wife is looking for Forenza cargo pants from the 1980s.  They have long cargo pockets at the hip that go
about halfway down the thigh and feature prominent vertical seam work.  The ankles have snap closures that
that can be cuffed closed or left open.  The pants are baggy and came in a variety of colors.  These pants do
not have back pockets.

She is also looking for jeans from the 1980's that have fold-up flap pockets at the knees and hips with no back
pockets.  The pockets on the jeans are closed with flaps of material that can be folded over and snapped shut
to close the pocket or left folded down.  The jeans are tapered and narrow at the ankle.The jeans are usually
two tone, with the pocket flap panels being a different color than the rest of the jeans.  They came in blue
with gray interior flaps, black with gray interior flaps, etc. 

Any help in finding these elusive jeans would be greatly appreciated!         
Subject: Re: Forenza Cargo Pants and Pocket Pants
Written By: Hairspray on 06/10/04 at 4:04 pm

Probably your best bet at this point -

Go to any of the "Salvation Army" stores and check out the "Goodwill Industries" stores as well. Both of these chains sell used donated clothes which are in decent condition for next to nothing. I have found a few original gems which qualify as "retro" today.
Written By: randyspants on 11/03/04 at 5:34 pm

Hi there... perhaps either she or both of you might like parachute pants with all the pockets, flaps and zippers from the 80s.  See my website http://randyspants.freeyellow.com

Randy

Probably your best bet at this point -

Go to any of the "Salvation Army" stores and check out the "Goodwill Industries" stores as well. Both of these chains sell used donated clothes which are in decent condition for next to nothing. I have found a few original gems which qualify as "retro" today.
Written By: Siobhan on 02/28/05 at 9:17 pm

I have been desperately seeking those forenzas for about 5 years now. Anyone know where I can get a pair in a 6 or 8?
Written By: co on 03/04/05 at 8:59 pm

I am looking too, at one time I owned several pairs, including purple.  I really wish I had them and I am not sure why it popped into my head all of a sudden.