inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Looking for name of 80's (girl) toy
Written By: Cheryl on 06/13/04 at 1:18 am

Hello all, I am trying to remember the name of a toy I used to have. It could have been the late 70's but I think more likely it was made in the 80's. If you remember the fashion plates sets & dolly pops, it is a cross between the 2. It was this flat plastic thing with a doll on it, maybe barbie, & she had snap on clothes & accessories. It had a little plastic box with a lid that you could store her stuff in when you werent playing with it. It had a lip on the back of the box that you could sit the doll on to make it stand up.  She reminds me of the dolls that you put the fabric on & put the cover back over the form & it makes her clothes. She might have even come with some fabric, I just cant remember. It is driving me crazy that I cant figure out what it was called or even how to describe it properly to look it up on ebay. If anyone remembers this also or has one, please let me know. Thanks to all, Cheryl
Subject: Re: Looking for name of 80's (girl) toy
Written By: j on 08/21/04 at 7:16 pm

They're called Dolly Pops - from around 1979