inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" - Who's That Up On The Roof
Written By: Jake on 07/25/04 at 5:47 am

"Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" children's Christmas record for sale.  Includes songs like  - Who's That Up On The Roof - I Want An Elephant For Christmas, 10,000 Santa Clauses, The Christmas Tree That Ran Away -  and more ... $30
Subject: Re: "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" - Who's That Up On The Roof
Written By: Katie on 08/21/04 at 3:34 pm

"Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" children's Christmas record for sale.  Includes songs like  - Who's That Up On The Roof - I Want An Elephant For Christmas, 10,000 Santa Clauses, The Christmas Tree That Ran Away -  and more ... $30

Jake - I am new to this site and not quite sure how this works, but I am very interested in this record. It sounds like one I use to have as a child. Could you please tell me what other songs are on the record and what condition it is in.
Written By: Jake on 11/06/04 at 7:18 am

Other songs include The Christmas Tree That Ran Away - Who's That Up On The Roof - The Day Before The Night Before Christmas - Gonna Hang UpMy Stocking - Where Is Christmas - I Want An Elephant For Christmas - Icicles, Holly, Red Berries and Snow - The Weatherman's Prayer - 364 Days In The Year - The North Pole Express - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

I got that copy through The Music Locator Their website is http://www.themusiclocator.com and their e-mail address is themusiclocator@yahoo.com
Written By: Peg Bonneville on 12/06/04 at 1:14 pm

Jake,
Are you selling this album? I'm interested, if it is still available.
Thanks,
Peg
Written By: Susan Evans on 12/06/04 at 1:48 pm

I am very interested in this record.  Is it in good condition.  I would like to make various copies on CD.  I need before Christmas.  It's a family favorite.

Thanks
Susan
Written By: that one guy on 12/06/04 at 6:54 pm

is this an older record, sixties or seventies?  does it have some sort of march type song on it?  im looking for a record my mom listened to when she was a kid.  email me
Written By: Jeanene on 12/08/04 at 11:08 pm

Hello!  I am looking specifically for the song The Christmas Tree That Ran Away - it is also a family favorite for us - I grew up listening to that song every year.  Anyone even know the complete lyrics to the song???  I can't believe how hard it is to find this song anywhere - I'm getting frustrated!  Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!  :)
Written By: miriam on 12/12/04 at 2:16 am

is this still for sale?  please email me if it is or if you know of anywhere else i could get this.  i've been looking for awhile now and pining away for it for years!
Written By: C Smith on 12/13/04 at 8:33 pm

I've been looking for this recording forever.  I, like many of you listened to it as a child and want my children to have it.  Please let me know where I can find it.

C. Smith
Written By: Renee Taylor on 12/14/04 at 4:20 pm

I would like to buy a copy of this album if anyone has it.  Please let me know.  Thanks!
Written By: nsimpson2 on 12/19/04 at 10:43 am

I would really like to purchase this, please let me know how I can do this.
Thanks,
Nancy
Written By: MARY on 01/07/05 at 5:01 pm

How can I get a hold of a copy of this album.  My sisters and I would love to have it. 
Written By: Michele Kernechel on 01/12/05 at 3:43 pm

Really want to purchase this album -- will you take $35?
Written By: georgiamusicmom on 03/10/05 at 3:39 pm

Hello,

I saw your posting on "inthe00's".  If you are still looking for Santa Claus is Coming to Town, try The Music Locator.

themusiclocator@yahoo.com
Written By: June Allen on 03/22/05 at 9:58 pm

i can't believe this is the same "I want an Elephant for Christmas" that we listen to forever.  My sister and I love this song we sing it every year to everyone (they all think we are crazy).  My sister is in the Military and due go overseas. If there is anyway to get a copy of this record please let me know so I get her a copy before she goes. Please and if you have the song "The Day Before The Night Before Christmas" I am interested in that too. If i have a choice i would love to have it on CD. Thank You,
please Reply,

June Allen
Written By: Jake on 08/17/05 at 8:25 am

;D  Re: "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" - Who's That Up On The Roof - 10,000 Santa Clauses.  This is available at www.themusiclocator.com   ... on record, tape or CD.  the e-mail address is   themusiclocator@lycos.com
Written By: Jake on 08/17/05 at 8:27 am

Re: "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" - Who's That Up On The Roof - 10,000 Santa Clauses.  This is available at www.themusiclocator.com  ... on record, tape or CD.  the e-mail address is   themusiclocator@lycos.com
Written By: Adrian on 09/30/05 at 8:10 am

I am very interested in this record.  Is it in good condition.  I would like to make various copies on CD.  I need before Christmas.  It's a family favorite.

Thanks
Susan

Oh, my god this is the closest I have came to finding someone who remembers this album!  It was my childhood favorite christmas album too!  I had it and I played to death!!!!  Someone please help me find this album again...I will pay almost anything for this one!  I would love to have the actual album again as well as a cd copy of it!  Can you help me wtih this too!  Pleassssse!
Written By: David Kenner on 10/20/05 at 3:00 pm

Oh, my god this is the closest I have came to finding someone who remembers this album!  It was my childhood favorite christmas album too!  I had it and I played to death!!!!  Someone please help me find this album again...I will pay almost anything for this one!  I would love to have the actual album again as well as a cd copy of it!  Can you help me wtih this too!  Pleassssse!

Although I no longer own this LP, I did record it to a CD. It's not exactly digital sound quality but I would be happy to record a copy for you if you will give me your mailing address.
Written By: Angela on 11/25/05 at 4:08 pm

I would love to have a copy of this album.  If you could burn me a cd I would be more than happy to pay your for it and your time.  Please send me an email and let me know.

Thanks so much!

Angela
budzette@msn.com
Written By: str on 11/30/05 at 11:50 pm

I am looking for the cd Santa Claus is coming to town-who's that up on the roof.
Is is available?
Written By: Sandi on 12/07/05 at 10:02 am

Although I no longer own this LP, I did record it to a CD. It's not exactly digital sound quality but I would be happy to record a copy for you if you will give me your mailing address.

Are you still willing to download a copy of this item. I would pay you for it and for your time.
I listened to it as a child and would love to share it with my children
Thanks, Sandi
Written By: David Kenner on 12/09/05 at 2:59 pm

Are you still willing to download a copy of this item. I would pay you for it and for your time.
I listened to it as a child and would love to share it with my children
Thanks, Sandi

Yes. Please provide a mailing address and I will send you a copy.
Written By: David Kenner on 12/09/05 at 3:02 pm

I am looking for the cd Santa Claus is coming to town-who's that up on the roof.
Is is available?

Please provide a mailing address and I will send you a copy of my CD.
Written By: Marian on 12/10/05 at 3:27 pm

i used to have that record,have no idea what happened to it
Written By: Beth Stafford on 12/15/05 at 10:24 am

I too would love to have a copy of this album on cd.  How much are you charging for a copy?  If you are willing to sell me a copy I would be very appreciative.  Thanks... Beth
Written By: janet tryba on 12/15/05 at 11:39 am

"Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" children's Christmas record for sale.
Written By: Judy on 12/17/05 at 11:40 am

Oh, my god this is the closest I have came to finding someone who remembers this album!
Written By: TJ on 12/18/05 at 2:26 pm

june we sang it too! and I went to school with you! haha small internet.
Written By: Tia on 12/18/05 at 2:35 pm

how come virtually everyone on this thread's a guest?

too weird.
Written By: dj on 12/19/05 at 8:51 pm

I have been looking for this album for what seems like forever now.  Can anybody tell me how I can get a copy of it?  I used to listen to it with my grandparents on an old record player and would like my son to enjoy it as I did.  Up until this point, I think my wife has started to doubt that this album ever existed.  Thank you, David
Written By: Chris Sharesky on 12/19/05 at 11:22 pm

If anyone has this album in MP3 format, I will seriously pay $20 via paypal for all the songs.  Please contact me at tophersky@gmail.com

Thanks
Written By: Heather on 12/22/05 at 2:28 pm

My sisters and I have also been looking for this album (CD) for years.  We can sing practically every sone by heart and do so every Christmas.  Our husbands think we are crazy.  If anyone has a copy for sale, please please email me at heather _endres@yahoo.com.  Glad to know we weren't the only people in the world that remembers this album, it was a staple of my childhood
Written By: Carey on 12/23/05 at 8:14 am

Wow! Other people owned this record???  :)  lol.  ;D  We memorized all the songs too, did skits to them, etc.  I wish we could find it on CD.  I think my parents might have kept the old LP.

who are you?
we're christmas people!
Christmas people?  oh, then maybe you can tell me...

Where is Christmas
Merry Christmas

It's innnnnn youuurr heeearrrtt......
Written By: Rebeca on 12/23/05 at 8:45 pm

"Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" children's Christmas record for sale.
Written By: Chris S. on 12/24/05 at 4:22 pm

I found the album we have all been looking for!
Written By: Linda Guest on 01/02/06 at 4:04 pm

I, too, remember this album from my youth. My brother and I, too, used to do skits to the songs, and I have many of those lyrics stuck in my brain. Thank you for helping point me toward this album.
Written By: ladylowery on 01/06/06 at 2:54 pm

I found the album we have all been looking for!  In my search for a place to purchase it, I found a place to download it for FREE!

http://tinyurl.com/afrgy

Go to that link, youll see the way to download it!

Merry Christmas!
Thank you so very much!!!  I have been searching for these songs for years!!!!!  I wanted to be able to share them with my kids and could not find them anywhere!!  I am so exited it may be January but this is like Christmas for me .  Bless your Heart!!
Written By: BadgerFan on 01/07/06 at 11:53 am

:)Thank you so much for posting where to download these songs!  Like many others here, I have also been searching for these songs for years.  This is so wonderful .... I can't thank you enough!  My brother and sister used to listen these songs over and over and over!  My mom even remembers some of them! :)
Written By: denice on 11/24/06 at 3:53 pm

does this song go "I want an elephant for xmas just like the one down at the zoo. a real live elephant for my very own o what wonderful things we could do" If so I would love to buy this. I sang it as a child and everyone thinks I am crazy that this isnt a song.
Written By: Tia on 11/24/06 at 5:58 pm

how come virtually everyone on this thread's a guest?

too weird.
Written By: ram2526 on 12/12/06 at 1:17 pm

i have found my album that i had since i was  a child, but i don't know how to convert it to a disc.  if you know how i could possible help some of you out.  it was like stepping into a time machine when i pulled it out.
Written By: dionn on 12/13/06 at 8:07 am

Thank you SO much for providing this!  I was just reminiscing with my sister about this great album and how now that we had kids of our own we'd love for them to have as much fun with is as we did singing, dancing and making skits to each and every song.

I downloaded it, started listening and broke out into tears!  I know it is goofy, but it just reminded me of some absolutely wonderful holidays as a child and I can't wait for my kids to get hooked as well.

You have made a very Merry Christmas for us...THANK YOU!!!! ;D

I found the album we have all been looking for!  In my search for a place to purchase it, I found a place to download it for FREE!

http://tinyurl.com/afrgy

Go to that link, youll see the way to download it!

Merry Christmas!