inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Chinese Jacks
Written By: Dreamcatcher on 08/03/04 at 1:13 pm

Does anybody know where I can buy some?
Subject: Re: Chinese Jacks
Written By: rubixgirl on 08/03/04 at 1:19 pm

Try here http://www.recycledtoys.com/featured.htm
Written By: kat on 10/03/04 at 11:28 pm

Written By: jacks lover on 10/16/04 at 8:41 pm

We've found them, we made them... now we can't remember how to play...  any hints?  LONG LIVE THE 80'S!!
Subject: Re: How to Play Chinese Jacks!!
Written By: Tony Baloney on 11/03/04 at 5:51 am

Hi, My name is Tony, 35 (I still have my old Jacks for 20 some odd years ago.)  Played this game with my sisters & cousins growing up.
Now that I'm older, and work at an elementary school, I've taught it to some of the kids for rainy-day fun. (Only they use colored paperclip clumps... not the same)

They game starts by choosing one of 5 colored jacks to represent as your own. <the blue one> We'll say we have blue+red, red+white, green+yellow, green+red, and orange & red.

I usually starting by shaking all 5 jacks in BOTH hands and toss them gently on the floor/table. First off, I pick up the my jack.
Using only ONE hand, I need to toss that jack into the air and pick up a sencond jack (lets say its the red+white one) before the blue one lands on the floor. I then need to toss the 2nd jack into the air, and grab the 3rd before the 2nd lands. I do the same for the 4th, and when I get to the 5th jack, it kinda changes.

I need to take the 5th jack and toss that into the air,and pick up 2 jacks, (my own jack <blue> & one other) before that 5th jack hits the floor. Now I need to take those 2 jacks and toss them into the air, and pick up the remaining 3 jacks before those 2 land. <WHEW!!> Next toss these 3 jacks into the air, and pick up the one jack I chose as my own. <blue>

<<This is where it gets kinda tricky!>>  I need to to take my own jack and toss it into the air, "QUICKLY" pick up the other 4 jacks, and CATCH my own jack before it even hits the ground. (Remembering to use only ONE hand.) <Wow, you should be holding all 5 jacks!! Don't drop one, or you're out!>

Finally, (This is where we keep score) I take the 5 jacks and give them a gentle toss (VERY GENTLE) into the air, and try to catch as many of them (all of them if possible) on the backside of my hand. (sometimes only 3) I toss those with the back of my hand, and try to catch as many in my palm of my hand as I can.

<<ADD UP THE PONITS>> Out of a possible 30, each jack is 5 ponits... but catching your own is 10.  First player to reach 500 points wins!
Written By: Trina on 07/30/05 at 10:42 am

You can find them on ebay store called "PunKin Du"
Written By: Trina on 07/30/05 at 10:45 am

Try here http://www.recycledtoys.com/featured.htm
Look on Ebay there is a seller who sells them look up the store "PunKin Du"