inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: 80's Soundtracks!!
Written By: coco_pup on 11/04/04 at 10:38 pm

I'm after a few songs from various movies that I'd like to request if they're available.  The first song that I'm after is from the movie: Monster Squad the song is called: Rock Until You Drop By Michael Sembello.  I've looked everywhere for it however, I am unable to find it.  The other song that I'm after is from the movie: Lambada The forbidden dance the song is called: It's Lambada (an English disco version) and I think it's by Jose Feliciano I absolutely love the song but it's impossible to find. 

I'm also a huge fan of the music  from the movie: Double Switch and I
just wanted to know if you can please tell me the names of all the songs and
who sings the songs in the movie including, Hot in the city, Turn up the
radio? , etc.  I'm really trying to get all of these songs onto mp3 would this be
possible? Or is it possible to buy the soundtrack of all the songs?

Also anyone know how I can get a hold of the songs from the movie: Benji The Hunted the theme music in it (instrumental) and the song flying high by Stephanie Mills from the movie Dream to Believe with Olivia D'Abo. 

I'd really, really appreciate it if someone out there that knows can please e-mail me back to let me
know asap when you have the time to: hoh28@hotmail.com

Thank you kindly for all your time and assistance.

Kind regards,

Ellie Iuliano. 
Subject: Re: 80's Soundtracks!!
Written By: coco_pup on 12/20/04 at 1:12 am

I'd really, really appreciate if someone can please tell me how I can get these songs. Is it possible to buy them or get them onto an  mp3?  The other thing I really want to know is, in the movie Double Switch what is the name of the singer that performs all the songs in the movie? It's a really hot soundtrack and so hard to get.  Also does anyone know the names of the songs?

If someone should find out anything please feel free to e-mail me and let me know.

Thank you kindly :)
everyone!!

Kind regards,

Ellie from Australia.  :)

Written By: Darsius on 02/01/05 at 12:52 am

I've got the Micael Sembello song.

Its kinda short..
I do have the entire thing, its just that the song is short. Its not in the best of quality, but its just a very very hard to find song.
Written By: karen on 02/01/05 at 9:32 am

Billy Idol did a song called Hot in the City.  Not sure if this is the one you are thinking of.
Written By: Bryan Wilson on 11/14/05 at 4:06 am

:) GOOD NEWS!!! I FOUND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR! THE ARTIST IS MICHAEL SEMBELLO AND OF COURSE THE SONG "ROCK UNTIL YOU DROP!" I USED LIMEWIRE AND FOUND IT! JUST TYPE IN ROCK UNTIL YOU DROP AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND IT TOO... GREAT SONG! I HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU IF YOU LOG BACK ON IN THIS ROOM OR ANYONE THAT LOVES THAT SONG SUCH AS MYSELF!
Written By: Dave&Quique on 11/17/05 at 5:59 pm

hey man!

i'm searching this song too, and i used limeware and didn't find it

could you please send me it?

thanks man
Subject: Re:My List
Written By: Ellie Iuliano on 11/17/05 at 6:07 pm

The songs that I'm looking for are extremely rare they are: (Other Songs I'm desperately seeking) 

1.  Flying - Stephanie Mills ("Dream To Believe")

2.  Heart's Voice - Stephanie Mills ("Dream To Believe")

3. The edge - Ultimatum (From "Dream To Believe" starring Olivia D'Abo and Keanu Reeves)

4 . It's your turn - Lynn Davis (Also from "Dream To Believe")

5. The first time - Lynn Davis ("Dream To Believe")

6  Some guys - Lydia Taylor Band ("Dream To Believe")

7. Bound to your love - Mari And Marshal ("Dream To Believe")

Many of these artists are obscure or singers that I've never heard of before but I love their music.)

8 . This boy's on a roll - Robert Gordan (From the movie "Oxford Blues" starring Rob Lowe.)

9.  Stowaway - Mark Ryder (Also from "Oxford Blues";)

10.  Rock and roll days/nights - Jim Wootten (From the made for T.V. movie "Can You Feel Me Dancing" starring Justine Bateman)

11.  Smooth Mover - Diana Dewitt And Michael Hannah (Also from "Can You Feel Me Dancing")

* If anyone can get these songs onto mp3 and send them to my e-mail or put them onto a cd I'd be most appreciative as I'm so desperate I've been trying to find these songs for so long now. Or even if someone out there has the recording equipment to record these songs from the movie or something that would really mean so much to me.

I'm a major 80s fan which you would've picked up going by my list as all of these movies/songs are from the 80s so any 80s fans out there that can help me send me an e-mail when you can.

Kindest Regards,

Ellie from Australia. :-)

Written By: Wes on 01/07/06 at 3:08 am

This is a reply to Ellie,  about the soundtrack to 80's great "Dream To Believe", I was hoping that you found some of the music from that soundtrack, I have been

looking for it too but no luck at all. I you emule and cannot found any of the music. Another 80's movie you may like is "heavenly bodies" (great soundtrack) :)
Subject: Re: 80's Soundtracks!! (Dream To Believe)
Written By: coco_pup on 01/11/06 at 8:32 pm

If you ever do find a way of getting the songs please let me know. The best I could do was, someone e-mailed me (also a fan of the movie and the 80s) and was able to record the songs for me from the movie and save them as mp3 files the sound is quite good however, the songs are only short though and there is some talking as she couldn't cut that out,  as she had the equipment to do so. I can pass on her e-mail and hopefully she will e-mail you back.

amadeushoneychild@hotmail.com 

I hope you get them and let me know how you go if you do find them.

Thanks,
Ellie :)

Written By: Double L on 02/02/06 at 1:17 am

Hey

I was actually looking for that song from the Monster Squad movie and I came across this forum. also looks like that the request for the tune was made a long time ago but after a large search using limewire, bit torrent & e-mule I did find one copy of the song in MP3. Its quality is something to be desired but its the best I could find. I uploaded it through yousendit.com for anybody who wants its pleasure. Classic flick and funky tune...heres to keeping the 80's alive.

Michael Sembello - Rock Until You Drop

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=29141TZY88WLZ0TDR31GVFEADN

Take it easy :D

Written By: Double L on 02/02/06 at 1:24 am

Oh I forgot that I also have that kick ass tune called Turn up the radio aswell.....

Here you go and I hope anybody who was looking will enjoy.

Autograph - Turn Up The Radio

http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1OCPIIGY6MJAZ2GGZRWZ54J6XQ

Written By: whistledog on 02/02/06 at 2:43 am

Hey

I was actually looking for that song from the Monster Squad movie and I came across this forum. also looks like that the request for the tune was made a long time ago but after a large search using limewire, bit torrent & e-mule I did find one copy of the song in MP3. Its quality is something to be desired but its the best I could find. I uploaded it through yousendit.com for anybody who wants its pleasure. Classic flick and funky tune...heres to keeping the 80's alive.

Michael Sembello - Rock Until You Drop

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=29141TZY88WLZ0TDR31GVFEADN

Take it easy :D

Hey, thanks for that Sembello song.  That is indeed a very rare song
Written By: coco_pup on 02/02/06 at 5:30 pm

The songs that I'm after are from various movies and so if possible and someone can help me out please let me know when you're not to busy.

The songs that I'm looking for are extremely rare they are:

1. Flying - Stephanie Mills ("Dream To Believe")

2. Heart's Voice - Stephanie Mills ("Dream To Believe")

3. The first time - Lynn Davis ("Dream To Believe")

4. Some guys - Lydia Taylor Band ("Dream To Believe")

Many of these artists are obscure or singers that I've never heard of before but I love their music.)

5 . This boy's on a roll - Robert Gordan (From the movie "Oxford Blues" starring Rob Lowe.)

6. Stowaway - Mark Ryder (Also from "Oxford Blues")

7. Rock and roll days/nights - Jim Wootten (From the made for T.V. movie "Can You Feel Me Dancing" starring Justine Bateman)

8. Smooth Mover - Diana Dewitt And Michael Hannah (Also from "Can You Feel Me Dancing")

9. Let's Keep What We've Got - Marilyn Mccoo ("The Parent Trap II")

10. Songs from the movie "Double Switch"

I'm a major 80s fan which you would've picked up going by my list as all of these movies/songs are from the 80s so any 80s fans out there that can help me send me an e-mail when you can.

Kindest Regards,

Ellie from Australia. :-)

Written By: insanefreak on 06/20/06 at 9:16 am

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz can somebody email me the link to the Michael Sombello song Rock Until You Drop, cause that link isnt working :(

dirtyemoprick@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks
Written By: ftwjedi on 06/27/06 at 6:27 am

Anybody got the song at the end of Monster Squad, it plays during the credits? + does anybody know if this song is on the Monster Squad soundtrack (from ebay; the bootleg CDs of course)? Here's the lyrics...

In a hundred years, in the darkest night
the forces of evil come out to fight
the amulet, they must destroy
or spend forever in the darkest void
who can stop their deadly might?
who will stand up for the right?
from the mouth of babes comes dynamite
the monster squad is gonna groove tonight!
First came Dracula, now the Wolf Man too
the mummy and the gillman swimming in the pool
we need silver bullets, we need wooden stakes
normal stuff won't stop them cause they live on hate
speak some magic words from a virgin's lips
baby that'll shake 'em, make 'em slip and trip
there's no turning back, gotta fight the fight
yeah the monster squad is gonna jam tonight!
monster squad
(we're the monster squad!)
and the forces of evil
better run and hide
monster squad
and the forces of evil
best beware of the monster squad
Momma dear can't help us, dad don't understand
no one would believe it, put it in our hands
gotta stop those creatures, send them back to hell
or there's no tomorrow, no saved by the bell
there's no place to run, nowhere to hide
now it's time to see what you got inside
no evil will escape my sight
yeah the monster squad is gonna jam tonight!
This ain't Halloween or some phony deal
they be playin' for keeps, they be playin' for real!
for darkness spread all across the land
we're the only ones left to make a stand
we don't wanna hang with the walking dead
so we gotta kick some monster butt instead!
and you'll never see such a ghastly sight
when the monster squad saves the world tonight!
monster squad
and the forces of evil
better run and hide

Never heard this in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng time!

Any help appreciated, thanx 8)
Written By: coco_pup on 06/27/06 at 7:51 pm

What's it called and who sings it? I might try limewire :)

Written By: coco_pup on 06/27/06 at 7:52 pm

What is it called and who sings it? I might try and see if I can find it on Limewire :)

Written By: ftwjedi on 06/29/06 at 9:34 am

What is it called and who sings it? I might try and see if I can find it on Limewire :)

It's called "Monster Squad" too, I believe it played during the trailer too? I think it's by Bruce Broughton, not sure?

I try Limewire all the time, nothing. Thanx for helping though 8)
Written By: Ellie Iuliano on 06/29/06 at 7:41 pm

Let me know where you can find it from then if you do find it :)  Have you got rock til you drop? I like that song if you don't have it give me your e-mail and I can send it to you. I think you can get it on limewire I assume you've tried it already I have seen it on there so you can download it you probably have it already :)

Written By: tomdante on 10/07/06 at 10:39 am

if someone could send me that michael sembello tune I will be eternally grateful.
i've been desperate to hear it again for years.
you would make someone very very happy.
tom
Written By: Ellie Iuliano on 10/12/06 at 9:45 pm

You can get the song from limewire. If you want give my your e-mail and I can send a copy to you.  Also, by any chance could you help me with some songs?  

Kind regards,
Ellie.