inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: dolls with hair that grows
Written By: Emily on 11/09/04 at 12:37 pm

Hi I'm actually looking for the name of that doll in the 80's that had short hair that you could pull out & make long. When you wanted it short again you would pull her arm up & down and the hair would go back in her head. Does any1 know the name of the doll?
Subject: Re: dolls with hair that grows
Written By: JJ on 11/09/04 at 7:00 pm

I think the doll's name is Dolly Surprise (maybe by Playskol)
Written By: Emily on 11/10/04 at 8:19 am

I think the doll's name is Dolly Surprise (maybe by Playskol)
That's it I remember now thank you! :D
Written By: jack on 11/10/04 at 3:04 pm

She "grew up" as well. you pulled her hair & it got longer & she got bigger lets call them "implants." I think thats why they didn't sell them very long
Written By: Emily on 11/11/04 at 9:02 am

She "grew up" as well. you pulled her hair & it got longer & she got bigger lets call them "implants." I think thats why they didn't sell them very long
I had that doll mine didnt do that!
Written By: JJ on 11/12/04 at 9:07 pm

I think you're mixing "Dolly Surprise" up with a couple of other dolls. "Skipper Grows Up" was one doll whose breasts expanded, but there was another doll whose chest didn't grow but she got taller--I can't remember her name.
Written By: Salpi on 01/15/05 at 2:22 pm

There was a doll called head to toe dolly surprise but I think that was from the
early 90's, but I am not exactly sure if that's what you're talking about!
Written By: nally on 01/15/05 at 2:24 pm

There was a doll called head to toe dolly surprise but I think that was from the
early 90's, but I am not exactly sure if that's what you're talking about!

I remember Dolly Surprise, but I think it was introduced in 1989; I remember seeing the TV commercials for it.