inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Searching for vintage poster
Written By: AL-B on 12/18/04 at 5:09 pm

I had an uncle up in North Dakota who passed away several years ago. In his garage he had a poster of a nude cowgirl with the cuts of beef marked on her body. I believe it was put out by a beef industry council and it appeared to be of late 60's-early 70's vintage. I have searched all over the Web and turned up nothing. I know this is a long shot, but if anyone here could help me locate one of these posters, or at least has more information about it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks! :)
Subject: Re: Searching for vintage poster
Written By: John on 01/30/05 at 8:00 pm

She wasn't a cowgirl, but I saw an old ashtray with a nude girl and the cuts of beef were marked out on her body. It was at a flea market in Maine.
Written By: Hairspray on 01/31/05 at 10:09 am

I saw the depiction of the same cowgirl as you described on a beach towel which I'd acquired in the sate of Georgia (US) on vacation a great many years ago, ca. mid-80's. I don't remember whatever became of that towel. I'll investigate and get back to you here.
Written By: AL-B on 02/01/05 at 4:03 pm

I saw the depiction of the same cowgirl as you described on a beach towel which I'd acquired in the sate of Georgia (US) on vacation a great many years ago, ca. mid-80's. I don't remember whatever became of that towel. I'll investigate and get back to you here.
Thanks!  :)