inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: 80's boomboxes
Written By: bgirl067 on 01/19/05 at 2:08 pm

I am desperately looking for a JVCm70rc boombox. it came out around 1981 also any one out there who has big ass boomboxes to get rid of or sell please email me www.bgirl067@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: 80's boomboxes
Written By: bj26 on 01/19/05 at 3:27 pm

I remember dudes carrying big boomboxes on their shoulders, haven't seen a boombox like you describe for years, sorry.  BTW, I remember a punk rocker looking guy throw a boom box against the wall of a disco a couple decades ago, it was kind of funny :).
Written By: Skippy on 01/19/05 at 4:53 pm

I think those things were invented and endorsed by the battery manufacturing industry.
Written By: Howard on 01/19/05 at 5:24 pm

I remember dudes carrying big boomboxes on their shoulders, haven't seen a boombox like you describe for years, sorry.  BTW, I remember a punk rocker looking guy throw a boom box against the wall of a disco a couple decades ago, it was kind of funny :).

I think kids still do that but rarely do I see it here in New York.

Howard
Written By: boombox looker on 05/13/06 at 10:39 am

I haven't been here in a long time! thanks to you guys for your help and responses :\'( but I will still be looking
Written By: cambrian on 06/02/06 at 10:40 am

I see those at Garage sales often, I did not know that there were people that collected them. Remember that Spike Lee movie? I think it was "any which way you can" Or maybe that's the title for that early 80s (god can't think today) dirty harry actor guy movie.

Anyways...in the Spike Lee movie there was Radio Raheem, he had that monstrous boom Box that would blast out Public Enemy's "1989".