inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Does anyone know where i can find Lil Abner boots?
Written By: shoebooty on 01/31/05 at 6:36 am

the closest thing ive found are 2 tone beige roofer boots by thorogood. but the're not Lil Abners.
Subject: Re: Does anyone know where i can find Lil Abner boots?
Written By: mareen on 03/06/05 at 3:10 pm

Hi there.  I was just thinking of my favorite boots from the 70's: Lil' Abners!  I went through two pairs.  Bought them at an army/Navy store called "Manning's" on Broad Street, Elizabeth, N.J.  Did you ever locate a pair?
Written By: Philip Eno on 03/06/05 at 3:14 pm

the closest thing ive found are 2 tone beige roofer boots by thorogood. but the're not Lil Abners.

Ebay?
Subject: LIL ABNER BOOTS
Written By: sharon on 06/06/05 at 3:41 pm

Have you found the lil abner boots?  I've been looking for years, but haven't been able to find them

They seem to have every other style from that era out there except lil abner's :\'(
Written By: Steven on 09/12/05 at 6:14 pm

I'm also looking for Lil Abner boots.  Or were they: Li'l Abners, Li'l Abners, Lil Abners, Lil Abner's, Little Abners, Little Abner's?  I used all the alternate spellings so that other people who are using search engines, to find them, might find this page.  If you DO find them, please post a link here.  You know the one.  Ankle high, beige or brown suede leather.  Lots of eye-holes for lacing.  Anyway, we all wore these things as kids during the 70s in the New York tri-state area.  The name "Lil Abners" might have been slang for them, I don't know.  It is possible that they had a brand-name that was different.  Any help finding them would be great!