inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: "Cherokee of California" brand wedge heel shoes
Written By: guidesunlimited on 03/29/05 at 11:13 am

Does anyone have any cherokee wedge heel shoes from the 70's or 80's that they want to sell or know where I can find several pairs.  I need sizes 7 and 8.  Our charity group is doing a retro fundraiser and we have had some requests to track down some of these vintage shoes.  (the ones with the 4 inch rubber wedge heel and the ankle strap).  Please help!  All of you ladies out there must have some.   :)
Subject: Re: "Cherokee of California" brand wedge heel shoes
Written By: Kris on 04/08/05 at 4:24 pm

Does anyone have any cherokee wedge heel shoes from the 70's or 80's that they want to sell or know where I can find several pairs.  I need sizes 7 and 8.  Our charity group is doing a retro fundraiser and we have had some requests to track down some of these vintage shoes.  (the ones with the 4 inch rubber wedge heel and the ankle strap).  Please help!  All of you ladies out there must have some.   :)

Try ebay.  I've seen several good pairs go through there.  They're not cheap, though, yesterday they sold for over $150.00
Written By: colorsandscents on 04/25/05 at 5:26 pm

I'm also looking for myself.  I have one pair left that I always wear but it's a size 6.  If anybody comes across these in sizes 5 1/2 or 6 please email me.  Thanks
Written By: guidesunlimited on 04/25/05 at 5:47 pm

colorsandscents,

I actually posted the first request to find these shoes in size 7 and 8 and It so happens that I think I have some pairs of size 6 and possibly some size 5.  I don’t think Cherokee made these styles in half sizes.

If you are interested let me know.
Written By: Michelle Karr on 05/03/05 at 12:56 pm

I'm actually looking for those as well.  I used to wear them all the time.  let me know if you find any.
Written By: guidesunlimited on 05/04/05 at 4:04 pm

I have found a couple pairs of size 5 and a couple pairs of size 6 if anyone is interested?  I can e-mail pics if you contact me and if you make a reasonable offer we can work out payment and shipping details.

Thanks!
Written By: Roxie on 05/11/05 at 12:53 am

Hey, any 5 or 6's in there?  I'm shoe shoppin tonite and saw your posting!  If you got any pics it would be great!
Written By: guidesunlimited on 05/13/05 at 5:16 pm

Hey, any 5 or 6's in there?  I'm shoe shoppin tonite and saw your posting!  If you got any pics it would be great!

GO to Ebay and go to category/ womens clothing/vintage/shoes and do a search for cherokee and you will find some very good condition pairs of size 6 on auction right now. 

I have pics if you want to send me your e-mail address
Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/20/05 at 10:43 am

Hey guidesunlimited - Do you mail to the UK?
Written By: rick on 07/05/05 at 5:48 pm

Hey guidesunlimited - Do you mail to the UK?
Hi,

Just saw your note.  Are you interested in cherokee shoes.  I have one pair of size 6 in a beuatiful brown suede with the 4 inch rubber wedge heel.  I will be relisting them on ebay hopefully in a few days. ÂÂ