inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: I cant remember what this toy is called
Written By: stevan on 04/07/05 at 1:12 pm

I really hope someone out there can help me here.  My girlfriend mentioned a toy last night and I know exactly the toy she is talking about, but I cannot remember the name of them.  They were these furry balls, probably around 8 inches big.  They had little eyes and I think only 2 feet.  When they heard a noise, thy would start making sounds and their eyes would light up.  Any help on this would be great.  It is now at the point where it is driving me nuts because I cant remember.
Thanks!
Subject: Re: I cant remember what this toy is called
Written By: xfunkyxfarmerx on 04/07/05 at 8:48 pm

how long ago were they out?
Written By: tcranford0000 on 04/08/05 at 12:22 pm

it could possibly be a toy called "chubbles", i had one it was a yellow furry ball w/ eyes and a nose that had sensors in them and when it was activated it made a chubble sound and its nose lit up.....mine also had a little cape on.
Written By: Scotty on 04/10/05 at 10:41 pm

I think they were called Furby's
Written By: Jaclyn on 04/28/05 at 5:30 pm

A furbie i think, but do there eyes light up?
Written By: DR. C.E. A.S. on 04/29/05 at 11:02 am

Furbies didn't light up but you would have to pretend like you were feeding them, and they knew by touching the inside of their mouth with your finger,sensor inside there told them you were feeding them.Also they would start out talking "Furbish" sounded like jibberish like Mork from Ork would speak and then the more you interacted with them they would revert to speaking more English and less "Furbish" :D
Written By: Andrew neylon on 05/21/05 at 9:42 pm

The little toy is called chubbles and it was made in the 1980s. They have a motion sensor so when you move your hand in front of its face they make a purring sound and its eyes and nose light up. It was made by animal Farm and you can probably find one on ebay.