inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Anyone have 80's videos/MTV programming on tape?
Written By: Marty McFly on 04/17/05 at 4:52 am

I absolutely love videos from the 80's -- especially 1981-86 -- so I just wondered if any of you have old videotapes lying around somewhere with 80's videos, and possibly other programming from MTV at the time (i.e. interviews with artists, footage of Martha Quinn or other VJ's)?

I'm more than willing to pay for shipping as well as blank tapes to copy it onto (if anyone has 2 VCR's hooked up - I don't mind if it's not perfect quality) and all.

As far as what videos/artists themselves, I guess I'm more interested in ones that aren't as available or popular. Some artists I'll happily take anything from include: Eddie Money, Starship, Foreigner, Laura Branigan, Chicago/Peter Cetera, Rick Springfield, Motley Crue, John Fogerty etc. But I'm not picky, so I don't mind having doubles of some of the ones I already have - or another copy of "Take on Me" or "Who Can it be Now". ;)

PS: Even anything from VH1 in the early 90's would be cool (that I actually do remember from experience - though it was still mostly 80's artists mixed with 90s programming). I had a few tapes of that, but lost most of 'em or accidentally erased them.  :(
Subject: Re: Anyone have 80's videos/MTV programming on tape?
Written By: jgordon24 on 04/24/05 at 7:28 pm

i have a bunch of videos from the original headbangers ball.........not sure what year that was on tho
Written By: 80\'s girl on 05/13/05 at 8:08 pm

I am also looking for tapes and or dvd's of old MTV programming.  I'm having an 80's party and would LOVE to have them!  Any help or info is greatly appreciated!
Written By: Climber on 05/17/05 at 11:00 pm

I have several old videos that I taped myself.  Probably not very good quality.  If I get a chance, I will check them out, see what's on them.  I do have Def Leppard Historia on VHS.  I did not record that one.  It's an original.
Written By: Marty McFly on 05/20/05 at 11:24 pm

Wow, shame on me for not looking back here sooner! ;)

I have several old videos that I taped myself. Probably not very good quality. If I get a chance, I will check them out, see what's on them. I do have Def Leppard Historia on VHS. I did not record that one. It's an original.

That sounds cool - thanks for letting me know. BTW I don't mind if the quality isn't so good (besides, I can always make another copy of that since I've got 2 VCRs).

I actually do have a copy of Historia too, that I found a couple years ago.

(PS: I guess if there's anything good about the 80's being over, is how easy it is to find this kind of stuff so cheap/easily. :) )
Written By: Jerry on 07/07/05 at 11:10 pm

i have a bunch of videos from the original headbangers ball.........not sure what year that was on tho
who is the host on headbangers ball and who is the guest because i might be interested in it my self plus how long are they? I do got alot of '80's & '90's MTV videos and headbangers ball tho. thanks jerry my email is mmtpd@aol.com
Written By: Teacher of Madness on 07/19/05 at 2:05 pm

This is more Mid 90's, but I do have about 6 hours of MTV's The State on VHS that I will be burning to DVD soon if that helps anybody.
Written By: jaymanchu on 08/09/05 at 9:34 am

I'd be interested in 80's era MTV and Music video programming as well.  Example:

Radio 1990
Heavy Metal Mania
Night Flight
Hard 30
Headbanger's Ball
Remote Control
etc.

Also looking for:
Turkey Television - Nickelodeon
HBO shorts from the 80s example Hardware Wars, Closet Cases of the nerd kind (I have both of these, looking for others)
All Summer in a Day - PBS short of Ray Bradbury story

Here's my list:

http://freewebs.com/yodakiss/index.html